Coming everywhere soon: Electric cars losing their value twice as fast as petrol alternatives

27 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

You know what scope 3 emissions are?

Tesla’s Scope 1 and 2 emissions, for example, only add up to 610,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2022. That’s minuscule in comparison to the company’s indirect Scope 3 emissions.

3 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Tesla’s Scope 1 and 2 emissions, for example, only add up to 610,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2022. That’s minuscule in comparison to the company’s indirect Scope 3 emissions.

He will never be able to answer from birth till death of his Tesla 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, toslow said:

He will never be able to answer from birth till death of his Tesla 

It’s all in the article I posted including your quotes…..

including scope 1, 2, and 3 emission an EV with produce 55 tons less carbon then a ice….

fifth time answering your question.  😂 

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Name Rare Earth in a battery on say a Tesla?

2 hours ago, toslow said:

They say next gen, as of today yes they have rare earth minerals in them 

what Rare Earths are in a tesla battery?  You made the claim…. Have anything to back that up or are you just talking out your ass and just spewing shit?

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

what Rare Earths are in a tesla battery?  You made the claim…. Have anything to back that up or are you just talking out your ass and just spewing shit?

I didn’t mention batteries you did, you try to sell that there is no rare earth metals in a Tesla, to that you’re wrong along with the fact to produce a Tesla that the carbon footprint is hugh compared to an IC 

Edited by toslow

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, toslow said:

I didn’t mention batteries you did, you try to sell that there is no rare earth metals in a Tesla, to that you’re wrong along with the fact to produce a Tesla that the carbon footprint is hugh compared to an IC 

Yes before you did and you responded that they do have them in it.  The 2 quoted post I quoted.  It’s on the first page.

Either way you acknowledging that EV batteries have no rare earths in them?

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, toslow said:

Here is how the conversation went.  We were clearing talking Batteries Even to the point you said a “gas tank” is part of the powertrain.  Lol

IMG_2806.png

IMG_2808.png

IMG_2807.png

Edited by BOHICA

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Here is how the conversation went.  We were clearing talking Batteries Even to the point you said a “gas tank” is part of the powertrain.  Lol

IMG_2806.png

IMG_2808.png

IMG_2807.png

What kinda battery are you talking about?

Do you want to keep this silly game up

Rare earths do not enter, or only in very small quantities (possibly as an additive), in the composition of Lithium-ion (Li-ion), sodium-sulfur (NaS) and lead-acid (PbA) batteries, which are the most common. Only nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) batteries include a rare earth alloy at the cathode.

• Gold Member
29 minutes ago, toslow said:

Do you want to keep this silly game up

Rare earths do not enter, or only in very small quantities (possibly as an additive), in the composition of Lithium-ion (Li-ion), sodium-sulfur (NaS) and lead-acid (PbA) batteries, which are the most common. Only nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) batteries include a rare earth alloy at the cathode.

Which EV’s use NiMH?  Tesla doesn’t.

Edited by BOHICA

9 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Which EV’s use NiMH?  Tesla doesn’t.

Thought you were talking about batteries? My god you’re scattered 

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, toslow said:

Thought you were talking about batteries? My god you’re scattered 

EV batteries is what we been talking about….  No?  So what EV’s use NiMH batteries these days?

here is a question.  rare earths used in Fossil fuel production?

Edited by BOHICA

I thought the conversation was about EV's loosing twice their value compared to Conventional cars? With battery technology advancing as fast as it is and the cost to replace batteries I think that's to be expected and maybe part of the reason it has to be subsidized so aggressively. 

3 hours ago, BOHICA said:

It’s all in the article I posted including your quotes…..

including scope 1, 2, and 3 emission an EV with produce 55 tons less carbon then a ice….

fifth time answering your question.  😂 

30.7T vs 5.6T when they roll off the lot.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, airflite1 said:

I thought the conversation was about EV's loosing twice their value compared to Conventional cars? With battery technology advancing as fast as it is and the cost to replace batteries I think that's to be expected and maybe part of the reason it has to be subsidized so aggressively. 

Second post in this thread…..

15 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Second post in this thread…..

Coming everywhere soon: Electric cars losing their value twice as fast as petrol alternatives

It looks to me like you took it off topic in the 4th post by cherry picking something out of an article. 

Now what are your thoughts, since you're obviously pro EV's, about the rapid depreciation of EV's. Like I mentioned earlier, I feel it's do too rapidly changing technology and the cost to replace batteries, I also feel that's why they're heavily subsidized. (I actually like the EV's I drove but battery technology isn't where it needs to be, for me to buy one). And what are your thoughts about the Tax per mile driven that was brought up in legislation, a lot thought that was a way to double tax drivers, but I thought that was the first step to get EV's to pay their fair share of road tax.

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

I am right. You claim I'm wong. Prove it!

Boom!!!!

bigger the vehicle the more life time savings in emissions!!!

The researchers looked at three different powertrain options—fossil burners, hybrids and EVs—in three different vehicle classes—midsize sedans, midsize SUVs and full-size pickup trucks. They found that, on average across the US, light-duty EVs have approximately 64% lower cradle-to-grave life-cycle greenhouse gas emissions than ICE vehicles.

Hybrids were found to have approximately 28% lower emissions than ICEs.

The bigger the vehicle, the greater the benefit of electrification. The average lifetime emissions reduction was found to be approximately 45 tons of CO2 for sedans, 56 tons for SUVs, and 74 tons for pickup trucks. That’s a finding that has special relevance for Ford, the world’s leading seller of pickups.

https://chargedevs.com/newswire/ford-umich-study-finds-evs-have-64-lower-life-cycle-emissions-than-ice-vehicles/#:~:text=They found that%2C on average,greater the benefit of electrification.

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, toslow said:

Dude you post lots of half truths, prove him wrong 

You figure out what EV’s use Nihm batteries yet or are you still trying to figure out what batteries are used in EV’s yet?