Coming everywhere soon: Electric cars losing their value twice as fast as petrol alternatives

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, toslow said:

It’s all apart of the powertrain. 

is you gas tank part of the powertrain

What Rare Earths are in a tesla battery?  I can ask that question all day why you avoid it.  Fire up that googler.

7 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

is you gas tank part of the powertrain

What Rare Earths are in a tesla battery?  I can ask that question all day why you avoid it.  Fire up that googler.

Not arguing with you, just proving you wrong when you say how clean your Tesla is. 

you try to sell the point as energy efficient and not having a huge carbon footprint 

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, toslow said:

Not arguing with you, just proving you wrong when you say how clean your Tesla is. 

you try to sell the point as energy efficient and not having a huge carbon footprint 

This discussion is about the Actor that claims a degree in electric and electronics.  If anybody should know that there are no Rare earths in EV batteries it would be that guy…

that is what I am discussing and the spin cycle is on full speed with some of you. 

it’s highschool level chemistry class know that there is no rare earths in EV batteries

Is a gas tank in an ICE vehicle the powertrain?

Edited by BOHICA

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Rarely am I wrong….  In the extreme rare time I am wrong I will acknowledge that.

It's nice to see you start using sarcasm for entertainment. it's a nice change of pace  :bc: 

7 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

This discussion is about the Actor that claims a degree in electric and electronics.  If anybody should know that there are no Rare earths in EV batteries it would be that guy…

that is what I am discussing and the spin cycle is on full speed with some of you. 

it’s highschool level chemistry class know that there is no rare earths in EV batteries

Is a gas tank in an ICE vehicle the powertrain?

And I’m discussing the level of carbon footprint that it takes to build and operate an EV,

you selling it like it’s going to save the world is a big lie.

the OP topic 

Coming everywhere soon: Electric cars losing their value twice as fast as petrol alternatives

Edited by toslow

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

It's nice to see you start using sarcasm for entertainment. it's a nice change of pace  :bc: 

Nice little reach around 👍

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, toslow said:

And I’m discussing the level of carbon footprint that it takes to build and operate an EV,

you selling it like it’s going to save the world is a big lie.

the OP topic 

The OP posted the Rowand Atkinson comment and I was just correcting the false.

Been asked several times from you…. What rare earths are in Tesla batteries?

Also is a gas tank part of a powertrain?

Just now, BOHICA said:

The OP posted the Rowand Atkinson comment and I was just correcting the false.

Been asked several times from you…. What rare earths are in Tesla batteries?

Also is a gas tank part of a powertrain?

I’m asking you the size of the carbon footprint of your green vehicle?

see how this works

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, toslow said:

I’m asking you the size of the carbon footprint of your green vehicle?

see how this works

Over the life span of a vehicle about 55 tons less then a comparable vehicle of IC powertrain.

Now what are Rare Earths in a Battery?

Is a gas tank part of the powertrain on an ICE vehicle?

Just now, BOHICA said:

Over the life span of a vehicle about 55 tons less then a comparable vehicle of IC powertrain.

Now what are Rare Earths in a Battery?

Is a gas tank part of the powertrain on an ICE vehicle?

Still dodging the question? Typical for a climate karen 

• Gold Member

Still dodging the question? Typical for a climate karen 

55 tons less.  I told you and answered your question.  55 tons less entire life cycle carbon Emissions.

simple question you asked and I answered.  

why you avoiding answering my questions?

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Doug said:

Is the charger for an EV part of the power train?

your question is pretty retarded…..

Just like a gas pump being part of the powertrain ice powertrain.  😂 

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

55 tons less.  I told you and answered your question.  55 tons less entire life cycle carbon Emissions.

simple question you asked and I answered.  

why you avoiding answering my questions?

It's a common practice for companies to only share their Scope 1 and 2 emissions, which can make its carbon footprint appear much smaller than it actually is. Tesla's Scope 1 and 2 emissions, for example, only add up to 610,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2022.Apr 26, 2023

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, toslow said:

It's a common practice for companies to only share their Scope 1 and 2 emissions, which can make its carbon footprint appear much smaller than it actually is. Tesla's Scope 1 and 2 emissions, for example, only add up to 610,000 metric tons of CO2 in 2022.Apr 26, 2023

You know what scope 3 emissions are?

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

You know what scope 3 emissions are?

Once again I’ll ask the carbon footprint of your green EV 

Edited by toslow

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, toslow said:

How many times you want me to answer the same question.  This is the third time.  

55 tons less than an ICE vehicle including scope 3 emissions…. 

The largest source of Tesla’s carbon emissions, accounting for 27% of the total in 2022, is the mining of metals and the manufacture of batteries. The aluminum that Tesla uses counts for 18% of its emissions, and the steel for 8%. Tesla scooped the remaining 47% of emissions into the category of “all others,” which includes downstream transportation and distribution, employee commuting and business travel, as well as the “use of sold products”—the actual driving of the cars—which produced 3.4 million metric tons of CO2 emissions.

In Tesla’s battery supply chain, most emissions come from chemical processing of lithium, nickel and cobalt, with mining extraction and transportation making up smaller portions.

While EV supply chains currently produce more emissions than the supply chains of gas-powered vehicles, the lifetime emissions of conventional cars are much higher, as they continues to burn gasoline for throughout their average lifespan of 17 years. An EV, though, will produce 55 tons less of CO2 emissions in its lifetime, according to Tesla’s 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-finally-disclosing-full-extent-162500217.html

now are you going to answer any of my questions or are you truly a retard that believes batteries have rare Earths in them and are part of a powertrain?

12 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

While EV supply chains currently produce more emissions than the supply chains of gas

Who gives a rats ass what’s coming in batteries, I’m just proving a point. 

your a bullshiter that tells half truths 

posting this must really pain you 

Edited by toslow

• Gold Member

Who gives a rats ass what’s coming in batteries, I’m just proving a point. 

your a bullshiter that tells half truths 

posting this must really pain you 

your refusal to answer simple questions is very telling and expected.

What rare earths are in a battery?  😂 

is a gas tank part of a powertrain?  😂 

I will answer your question for the forth time.  55 tons less carbon emissions over entire vehicle life cycle with an EV compared to ICE

23 minutes ago, toslow said:

This year, Tesla finally released data on its supply chain emissions for 2022, which is equivalent to roughly 30.7 million tons of carbon dioxide. That’s a huge change from what the company reported last year.