Payrolls rose 339,000 in May, much better than expected in resilient labor market

• Platinum Contributing Member

Brandon is good :thumbsup:  Damn proud I voted for him and will again……maybe a few times through the mail…..only way to eclipse 81 million votes from far fewer voters….:snack: 

@racer254:news:

Edited by SnowRider

33 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Brandon is good :thumbsup:  Damn proud I voted for him and will again……maybe a few times through the mail…..only way to eclipse 81 million votes from far fewer voters….:snack: 

You can sign up to be a mule. You just have sign an agreement promising not to say anything. I think they're also asking that you turn off your cell phone this time, just incase Dinesh is watching. 

26 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

I see another 25 basis points coming our way.

Can’t kill this economy. Maybe people need to totally max out the 5 credit cards that have before there’s a slow down. 

The unemployment rate rose to 3.7% in May against the estimate for 3.5%. May’s jobless rate was the highest since October 2022.

Compared to May 2022 jobs, they are down 364k to 339k.  Seems the headlines may not quite show what is truly going on.

image.thumb.png.3f79631a7487166a2136196bcf633b7f.png

Edited by racer254
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

The unemployment rate rose to 3.7% in May against the estimate for 3.5%. May’s jobless rate was the highest since October 2022.

Compared to May 2022 jobs, they are down 364k to 339k.  Seems the headlines may not quite show what is truly going on.

The quality of the jobs improved and a .2% drop is minuscule. Quit your weirdness. 

13 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Can’t kill this economy. Maybe people need to totally max out the 5 credit cards that have before there’s a slow down. 

Recent data has shown that consumers continue to spend, though they are dipping into savings and increasingly using credit cards to pay for their purchases.

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Same thing happened during the 2008 crash. Nothing new about this. 

Sorry edited because what I said was off topic.

Edited by racer254

2 hours ago, SnowRider said:

I have 11,780 blank ballots ready to mail.

44 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Sorry edited because what I said was off topic.

Despite the job market, the economy is not in a good place. A lot of fear and uncertainty remains. The so called savings that a lot of people built over the past few years was artificial due to COVID perks. To a great extent that money created the inflationary cycle we’re in today. It’s not possible to infuse trillions of dollars into the economy without some grave reactions. Those stimulus checks created more damage to the economy than the COVID shutdowns.