The fear and loathing was thick among some of the most wealthy Americans

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Our ability to produce enough affordable, green electricity is likely farther away than getting batteries to a point of range acceptance by the general public.  This don't include the challenges needed in minerals. 

Whether or not there’s the extra needed capacity for EV’s depends on who you’re listening to. It appears feasible if well managed. 

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Whether or not there’s the extra needed capacity for EV’s depends on who you’re listening to. It appears feasible if well managed. 

That's a crock of shit and you know it.   Even the admin admits it.   On top of that its not good enough for the left to just produce more electricity its how its produced that adds significant challenges to meeting the needs of a nation of ev's. 

Edited by Highmark

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

That's a crock of shit and you know it.   Even the admin admits it.   On top of that its not good enough for the left to just produce more electricity its how its produced that adds significant challenges to meeting the needs of a nation of ev's. 

No it’s not a crock of shit. EV’s scare the fuck out of the oil industry. That industry is in full swing to find every reason possible why EV’s won’t work. I can point to numerous studies that show just the opposite. 

• Haha 1

On 6/2/2023 at 1:41 PM, BOHICA said:

Huge amounts of excess capacity in the US.  Doesn’t take much brain power to see it.

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=42915

For the first time ever my area was warned about rolling blackouts last summer.  They happen all over in California.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2022/06/01/iowans-warned-they-may-see-rolling-blackouts-temps-climb-summer-weather-noaa-midamerican-alliant/7456079001/

Output is not expanding to the rate of which will be needed and 1 electric car is the equivalent of 26 residential refrigerators.  :lmao: There is a reason the govt is asking you to keep your thermostat set to 82 in the summer.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

8 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

EV owners will die of aids.

All fags!

It is his will.😇

Only if they're vaccinated!!!

• Haha 1

On 6/2/2023 at 11:17 AM, Highmark said:

Common sense vs ideology

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Highmark said:

For the first time ever my area was warned about rolling blackouts last summer.  They happen all over in California.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/2022/06/01/iowans-warned-they-may-see-rolling-blackouts-temps-climb-summer-weather-noaa-midamerican-alliant/7456079001/

Output is not expanding to the rate of which will be needed and 1 electric car is the equivalent of 26 residential refrigerators.  :lmao: There is a reason the govt is asking you to keep your thermostat set to 82 in the summer.  :lol:  

26 refrigerators…..  Math doesn’t work on that.

10 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

26 refrigerators…..  Math doesn’t work on that.

Even Mayor Pete agreed.   Ask him. :lmao:  Watch the video. 

Actually its 13 per car over the year but the ave household has 2.   At the instant its 50x's greater draw.  :lol:    

Edited by Highmark

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Even Mayor Pete agreed.   Ask him. :lmao:  Watch the video. 

Actually its 13 per car over the year but the ave household has 2.   At the instant its 50x's greater draw.  :lol:    

Depends if the household has a large enough service to accommodate 2 simultaneously charging EV’s at peak…. Some EV’s charge on 120volt/15 amp circuit.  Some charge on 120volt/20 amp circuit.  Some charge on 240/20 amp circuit.  Some charge on 240/32 amp circuit. Some charge on 240 volt 60 amp circuits. And every where in between.  Also in strained grid during peak times many don’t charge during those time cause of expense of peak electricity.   Each EV will use equivalent of maybe what 13 refrigerators a year maybe average.  Some less and some more.  Also depends on what refrigerator you are bench marking as refrigerators use differing levels of electricity based n a few factors.  Some really efficient, some not

Edited by BOHICA

9 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Depends if the household has a large enough service to accommodate 2 simultaneously charging EV’s at peak…. Some EV’s charge on 120volt/15 amp circuit.  Some charge on 120volt/20 amp circuit.  Some charge on 240/20 amp circuit.  Some charge on 240/32 amp circuit. Some charge on 240 volt 60 amp circuits. And every where in between.  Also in strained grid during peak times many don’t charge during those time cause of expense of peak electricity.   Each EV with use equivalent of maybe what 13 refrigerators a year maybe average.  Some less and some more.  Also depends on what refrigerator you are bench marking as refrigerators use differing levels of electricity based n a few factors.  Some really efficient, some not

And you are still convinced our grid can handle it?  Keep in mind its not just EV's we are adding to the grid.  

To each their own.   When they get better I'll consider one...until then I'll stick with the convenience of ICE for our vehicles. 

On 6/2/2023 at 1:23 PM, spin_dry said:

No it’s not a crock of shit. EV’s scare the fuck out of the oil industry. That industry is in full swing to find every reason possible why EV’s won’t work. I can point to numerous studies that show just the opposite. 

So it's the oil industry vs the government and it's climate change policies.  There is one HUGE difference, the oil industry isn't out to wreck the middle class, like liberal government climate change policies will do.

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

And you are still convinced our grid can handle it?  Keep in mind its not just EV's we are adding to the grid.  

To each their own.   When they get better I'll consider one...until then I'll stick with the convenience of ICE for our vehicles. 

You can easily move consumers charging behaviors to time when grid is less constrained.  The grid has ample power outside a few peak hours in really short time frames through out the year.  Despite all these warnings of grid collapse to me I haven’t really seen large scale regional blackouts for any meaningful time due to demand.  Yes have seen grid in areas shut down due to fire danger like they due in Cali  in certain areas but that is typically for a few hours.  There is and has been a big push to go underground in these areas the past few years and it continues to harden the grid in these areas every year.  What these power companies do get is great funding if they do jump up and down and scream.  They can go to the PUC’s and get more money if they make huge deals and PUC’s allow it.

Just now, BOHICA said:

You can easily move consumers charging behaviors to time when grid is less constrained.  The grid has ample power outside a few peak hours in really short time frames through out the year.  Despite all these warnings of grid collapse to me I haven’t really seen large scale regional blackouts for any meaningful time due to demand.  Yes have seen grid in areas shut down due to fire danger like they due in Cali  in certain areas but that is typically for a few hours.  There is and has been a big push to go underground in these areas the past few years and it continues to harden the grid in these areas every year.  What these power companies do get is great funding if they do jump up and down and scream.  They can go to the PUC’s and get more money if they make huge deals and PUC’s allow it.

:lmao:Keep trying dude....keep trying.  Do you sleep under a big blanket that says I heart EV's?  

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lmao:Keep trying dude....keep trying.  Do you sleep under a big blanket that says I heart EV's?  

No.  Just know what grids have for capacities.  Screen grab to for viewing pleasure of when the grid has excess capacity and lots of it….

IMG_2838.png

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

No.  Just know what grids have for capacities.  Screen grab to for viewing pleasure of when the grid has excess capacity and lots of it….

IMG_2838.png

Again great for now but when we are limited to the type of electrical production that will be allowed moving forward and the need for massive increases in demand things will get interesting. 

I don't think you are reading that chart correctly.   Vertical column is not capacity. 

Edited by Highmark

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Again great for now but when we are limited to the type of electrical production that will be allowed moving forward and the need for massive increases in demand things will get interesting. 

So for now we are good????  Yes we definitely are.  As the need grows and demand grows so does the grid just like it always has.

10 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

So for now we are good????  Yes we definitely are.  As the need grows and demand grows so does the grid just like it always has.

As the Zen Master said....we'll see.   How long after they want to get rid of gas stoves will they want to get rid of NG,LP or fuel oil furnaces for electric? 

Its hilarious to see the move away from electric in my lifetime and back to it.  Electric heat or appliances when I was a kid was supposedly the worst, most inefficient form.  Hell even when I built in 2007 they couldn't steer you away from electrical appliances hard enough.   

Edited by Highmark

On 6/2/2023 at 1:41 PM, BOHICA said:

Huge amounts of excess capacity in the US.  Doesn’t take much brain power to see it.

Current means of electrical production dude.  Just think of how many wind and solar farms will need to go up as they get rid of coal and nuke electrical production.   You know its coming. 78.4% currently. :lol: 

You don't honestly believe they won't go after those as they switch to EV's?  :lmao: 

I love the mind of a liberal....so simple.   All fairy dust and unicorn farts without consideration of the impacts of their ideas. 

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=427&t=3

Edited by Highmark

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Current means of electrical production dude.  Just think of how many wind and solar farms will need to go up as they get rid of coal and nuke electrical production.   You know its coming. 78.4% currently. :lol: 

You don't honestly believe they won't go after those as they switch to EV's?  :lmao: 

I love the mind of a liberal....so simple.   All fairy dust and unicorn farts without consideration of the impacts of their ideas. 

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=427&t=3

Coal is done and natural gas is replacing alot of it.  New generation and energy production is great and hard to believe republicans are against energy.

19 hours ago, Highmark said:

As the Zen Master said....we'll see.   How long after they want to get rid of gas stoves will they want to get rid of NG,LP or fuel oil furnaces for electric? 

Its hilarious to see the move away from electric in my lifetime and back to it.  Electric heat or appliances when I was a kid was supposedly the worst, most inefficient form.  Hell even when I built in 2007 they couldn't steer you away from electrical appliances hard enough.   

Guess that didn't take long.  :lol:  Imagine what that would eventually add to the grid demand. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-preparing-target-americans-gas-furnaces-amid-stove-crackdown

Biden admin is preparing to target Americans' gas furnaces amid stove crackdown

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Guess that didn't take long.  :lol:  Imagine what that would eventually add to the grid demand. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-preparing-target-americans-gas-furnaces-amid-stove-crackdown

Biden admin is preparing to target Americans' gas furnaces amid stove crackdown

And just 6 months ago the local liberal idiots on this site were making light of this.  Acting as though it was just misinformation from republicans.  Look at who was right AGAIN.

• Gold Member

Upstate New York gets a Tesla Delivery and service Center as Tesla gets around the draconian dealership laws in some states.  You know this pisses off and scared Dealerships Associations/Unions in these states.  Laying the ground work for others manufactures to do direct to consumer sales and avert having a middleman.

https://insideevs.com/news/670933/tesla-store-upstate-new-york/