The fear and loathing was thick among some of the most wealthy Americans

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

I really have never ran into a anti-EV fanatic that says they shouldn't exist at all.   I have however ran into lots and lots of people that claim the ICE engine should all but be immediately banned.   There might be both groups but I'd hardly say they are equal. 

Kind of reminds me of the whole gender thing....one side says whatever you want to do and the other side says you must conform and we are going to shove it down your throat. 

Of course you’d say all that. It fits your agenda. :lol: 

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

I really have never ran into a anti-EV fanatic that says they shouldn't exist at all. 

Haven't you seen any of xcr1250's multiple threads ?? I can't understand his hatred of them.

• Platinum Contributing Member
35 minutes ago, HSR said:

Haven't you seen any of xcr1250's multiple threads ?? I can't understand his hatred of them.

People naturally reject change. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, HSR said:

He's older than us and has an old school appreciation for ICE engines.   I have zero problem with it. 

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Of course you’d say all that. It fits your agenda. :lol: 

There is much more anti ICE than EV.   Most people critical of EV are more so because of the known challenges with Electric production and infrastructure.  They also have a concept that EV's pose plenty of environmental issues where its being sold to the public as the perfect consumer product.    

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

There is much more anti ICE than EV.   Most people critical of EV are more so because of the known challenges with Electric production and infrastructure.  They also have a concept that EV's pose plenty of environmental issues where its being sold to the public as the perfect consumer product.    

Ah no. 

• Haha 1

What's not to like instant torque goobs of HP....if they perfect the solid state battery and solve the range / charging issue more people would buy them.  But for now they aren't better for the environment and they are impractical outside of large urban areas. 

Edited by SkisNH

1 hour ago, SkisNH said:

What's not to like instant torque goobs of HP....if they perfect the solid state battery and solve the range / charging issue more people would buy them.  But for now they aren't better for the environment and they are impractical outside of large urban areas. 

True. I view EV’s as in their adolescence. When batteries improve to between 400-420 Wh/Kg the ICE will go away. Current Tesla batteries are averaging 280. By the end of the decade batteries will hit the magical 400. 

Just now, racer254 said:

Fixed it for you.

That's true as well. But my original statement is correct.

8 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

That's true as well. But my original statement is correct.

EV's have been around since the late 1800s, they just are not practical vs an ICE vehicle.  The high cost, low range are not practical for middle and low class people that need affordable transportation.

Edited by racer254

Fuck affordable.  I have never driven affordable.  I want fast as fuck and fun to drive.  When the EV covers my needs I'll buy it.  The Ludicrous Model S almost made it into my life, but it is such a fucking piece of shit there is no way I could own it.  The Porsche Taycan works, but delivery time was nuts and I am not into first go around of anything.  Perhaps the Lucid Sapphire in its second gen will be the right car.  Sad because all Tesla had to do was up their game so they didn't produce garbage and I'd gladly drive one.  Have other cars for towing/long distance etc.

42 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Fuck affordable.  I have never driven affordable.  I want fast as fuck and fun to drive.  When the EV covers my needs I'll buy it.  The Ludicrous Model S almost made it into my life, but it is such a fucking piece of shit there is no way I could own it.  The Porsche Taycan works, but delivery time was nuts and I am not into first go around of anything.  Perhaps the Lucid Sapphire in its second gen will be the right car.  Sad because all Tesla had to do was up their game so they didn't produce garbage and I'd gladly drive one.  Have other cars for towing/long distance etc.

The new Bugatti is fast. Step up your game a bit son.

29 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

So are my cars and not as ugly as the Bugatti 

Whatcha got? I know you have the Caddy. Also remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :lol:

Edited by Steve753

• Gold Member

The new Rivian Service center is coming any nicely in my area.  Bunch of chargers installed and a pretty large facility.  Gues another 1-3 months before I get my Rivian R1S. As this will be probably the time deliveries start in my area.

IMG_2761.jpeg

IMG_2760.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Whatcha got? I know you have the Caddy. Also remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :lol:

Just the caddy.... which has the nickname big ugly and an Audi S6...soon to be way beyond RS spec

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BOHICA said:

The new Rivian Service center is coming any nicely in my area.  Bunch of chargers installed and a pretty large facility.  Gues another 1-3 months before I get my Rivian R1S. As this will be probably the time deliveries start in my area.

IMG_2761.jpeg

IMG_2760.jpeg

Interesting.  Pictures show ICE vehicles working on an EV service center.  How Ironic.

11 hours ago, BOHICA said:

IMG_2761.jpeg

IMG_2760.jpeg

Looks like a great place to hold a nerd convention.

Revenge Of The Nerds 80S GIF

16 hours ago, spin_dry said:

True. I view EV’s as in their adolescence. When batteries improve to between 400-420 Wh/Kg the ICE will go away. Current Tesla batteries are averaging 280. By the end of the decade batteries will hit the magical 400. 

Our ability to produce enough affordable, green electricity is likely farther away than getting batteries to a point of range acceptance by the general public.  This don't include the challenges needed in minerals. 

12 hours ago, BOHICA said:

IMG_2761.jpeg

IMG_2760.jpeg

How far you drive to show us those pictures.  :lol:  

• Haha 1