Big Cats In The Yoop

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

I saw a large cat like that snowmobiling across the ditch there in Canada. Doesn’t surprise me they are in the up. 

My cousins husband was sationed at Wursmith AFB in Oscoda MI back in the early 80's. He swears that he saw a cougar while out deer hunting at that time. That's in the lower peninsula.

Edited by nascarmike
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, nascarmike said:

My cousins husband was sationed at Wursmith AFB in Oscoda MI back in the early 80's. He swears that he saw a cougar while out deer hunting at that time. That's in the lower peninsula.

Ran in some track meets there in the early 80’s…

IMG_1326.thumb.png.64b08463e1c970cc885169295f1500aa.pngIMG_1325.thumb.png.9ee661295e4c5007240dfbabb85a00fe.png

9 hours ago, gravy davey said:

I’ve seen two cougars within a couple miles of my house no mistaking that tail.  

One walked right across the back parking lot at work last fall .  Only thing separating us from the cat was a chain link gate and fence .   He just kinda looked at us as he walked across the lot and vanished into the swamp / rr tracks .  Pretty crazy thing to see in southern NH in the city .   That is second one I've seen here in NH over a 20 year period

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

One walked right across the back parking lot at work last fall .  Only thing separating us from the cat was a chain link gate and fence .   He just kinda looked at us as he walked across the lot and vanished into the swamp / rr tracks .  Pretty crazy thing to see in southern NH in the city .   That is second one I've seen here in NH over a 20 year period

2 winters ago there was several sightings in the Acton/ westford area.

On 5/26/2023 at 12:18 PM, spin_dry said:

How many wolf and cougar attacks against humans have occurred in the last 10 years? 

None that I have heard of. Cougars are around more than people think and places you would never expect. They travel the rail roads. 

2 hours ago, Anler said:

None that I have heard of. Cougars are around more than people think and places you would never expect. They travel the rail roads. 

Like Boxcar Willie?😂🤔

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

cats, or bats?

Screenshot_20230526-185725.thumb.png.2d7f67c6b0a6c74c283d143641272566.png

here's a UP bat... 

We've had cougars here for a very long time. 3 times I've seen them in the wild while hunting or walking in the woods. They're spooky as they're just there then they're gone. I've read that when that happens they had been most likely following for a while.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 6:03 PM, Anler said:

My office is right next to an old rail bed, and that is where we had that one sighted a couple years ago.  Makes sense.

Edited by DriftBusta