Big Cats In The Yoop

wow that's cool and scary at the same time. i do a lot of mountain biking, mostly at night. worst nightmare having one of those drop on your back. we have them here in the catskills as well. it was disputed for years but now they admit they were real. local sports writer was a naysayer for years, then posted the pic of it in his yard and now a believer

• Like 4

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, sleepybrew said:

wow that's cool and scary at the same time. i do a lot of mountain biking, mostly at night. worst nightmare having one of those drop on your back. we have them here in the catskills as well. it was disputed for years but now they admit they were real. local sports writer was a naysayer for years, then posted the pic of it in his yard and now a believer

They are predators for sure.

my friend found a deer cracass 20 ft up in a tree. you know what does that. local zoo is right against the mountains. folks were telling the owner that they loved the mountain lion exhibit. he said i don't have one of those. they said yeah , it's right there. and it was. sitting there day after day just watching the zoo. local guy with goats found a bunch dead with huge tooth marks. yup, they are here

• Like 1

They’re here in CT too, also despite the DEP telling us otherwise.  One was hit and killed by a car a few years ago, and one was sighted right behind my office a few years ago.  It’s adjacent to an old rail bed that goes across several states.

• Like 1

Yep, they are around.  If you want to get them to admit it, all you have to say is that the next time you see it you are going to shoot it and they really change their tone.

We had a wolf around my property and the DNR would never admit it when I told the local warden and said it was a big coyote.  I said I should be able to shoot it then, and he backtracked right away and said that I will still be fined if it turns out to be a wolf.

Just now, racer254 said:

Yep, they are around.  If you want to get them to admit it, all you have to say is that the next time you see it you are going to shoot it and they really change their tone.

We had a wolf around my property and the DNR would never admit it when I told the local warden and said it was a big coyote.  I said I should be able to shoot it then, and he backtracked right away and said that I will still be fined if it turns out to be a wolf.

Yep…they can’t deny the Wolf Packs any longer. 

yes we were told if they do exist they are protected. lady up north has a perfect picture of a wolf eating a deer on the ice. looking right at her. dec said it was a coyote. my buddy had a big cat walk right past him when he was hunting. dec said no it wasn't he said next time i'll shoot it. they said you will be arrested

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Damn…

My wife and I saw a Cougar standing on the side of the road about a month ago. I’ve been waiting to see some trail cam pics of the big cat surface, and they finally have. Biologist confirmed the photos yesterday. 
SW Luce County

IMG_1323.thumb.jpeg.2c8607f74a665af47102601d0c6f4b34.jpegIMG_1322.thumb.jpeg.3cd324e1ee8963998816fb89f7ff892a.jpeg

IMG_1324.thumb.png.b08d158e5accf6f2fbd3ab9d576f6c8f.png

It says southwest Luce county??? down by McMillan?? We use to get breakfast at Poor Boys in McMillan 

1 hour ago, sleepybrew said:

my friend found a deer cracass 20 ft up in a tree. you know what does that. local zoo is right against the mountains. folks were telling the owner that they loved the mountain lion exhibit. he said i don't have one of those. they said yeah , it's right there. and it was. sitting there day after day just watching the zoo. local guy with goats found a bunch dead with huge tooth marks. yup, they are here

cougar-tree.jpg.6aa40c2377409ba8f8512d0bf734f5e2.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

It says southwest Luce county??? down by McMillan?? We use to get breakfast at Poor Boys in McMillan 

Yep…Poor Boys is the place that had the giant Cinnamon Rolls correct? 

6 minutes ago, hayward said:

im surprised the biologists admitted to the public about the cat.  Maybe they now figure there's no covering up what's been released in the wild anymore.

not released... migrated 

https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/education/michigan-species/mammals/cougar

9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Well that's a government website, sooooo........

We've lost our wild turkey population around here that we had 8+ years ago, and all of a sudden, there's regular sightings of weasels all over the place.  Not sure how that happened really, but there are theory's out there. 

20 minutes ago, hayward said:

Well that's a government website, sooooo........

We've lost our wild turkey population around here that we had 8+ years ago, and all of a sudden, there's regular sightings of weasels all over the place.  Not sure how that happened really, but there are theory's out there. 

well, I'm telling you the facts... the cougars around these parts migrated from the Dakota's and rocky mountain states.  DNA sequencing doesn't lie, people do. 

30 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

well, I'm telling you the facts... the cougars around these parts migrated from the Dakota's and rocky mountain states.  DNA sequencing doesn't lie, people do. 

I'm sure alot did but i have no doubt the dnr is planting a few. They did that with wolves here years ago. I saw them releasing them from culvert traps in the middle of nowhere when i was hunting 1 morning. I think the big cats are pretty cool and don't mind them being around. The wolves can fuck off though

7 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Damn…

My wife and I saw a Cougar standing on the side of the road about a month ago. I’ve been waiting to see some trail cam pics of the big cat surface, and they finally have. Biologist confirmed the photos yesterday. 
SW Luce County

IMG_1323.thumb.jpeg.2c8607f74a665af47102601d0c6f4b34.jpegIMG_1322.thumb.jpeg.3cd324e1ee8963998816fb89f7ff892a.jpeg

IMG_1324.thumb.png.b08d158e5accf6f2fbd3ab9d576f6c8f.png

I saw a large cat like that snowmobiling across the ditch there in Canada. Doesn’t surprise me they are in the up. 

Yeah no way to wolves. The cats have been here for a long time, and the sightings are real, but not that plentiful. They originally told us they need a lot of territory each to live and we didn’t have it. But they were wrong. We never had pine marten or fishers here either but they are all over now. Eat your cats, poultry, even  ate my brothers Guinea hens. Bald eagles , turkeys, osprey, and even ticks. Never had ticks before 30 years ago. But the last 30 has been brutal. Right now is bad. Went mtn biking wed night, didn’t even start and had a tick on me. Local guy went for a walk and took 40 ticks off. Had them in a cup. Every pinch or itch I get I’m thinking it’s a fucking tick

What animals is it legal to kill in my yard in Wisconsin?

According to the Wisconsin State Legislature, these are the wild animals Wisconsinites and family members (or anyone with permission) can hunt or trap on their properties without a license at any time:

• Beaver
  • Coyotes
  • Foxes
  • Raccoons
  • Woodchucks
  • Rabbits
  • Squirrels