Check your account email address ×

Who's excited about Memorial Day weekend?

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

The hauler has been loaded for a solid 2 weeks and ready to go.  Going to unload 1 car and hit the road Thursday morning and won't be home until Sunday.

where ya headin'?

i'm pretty stoked. old lady going on a knitting retreat, just me and the dog. maybe get to watch something i want to watch. little mountain biking, kayak fishing, order up some dinner, so yeah, stoked

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Not sure yet.  Really need to get laps on cars, so it might be bouncing around to wherever I feel like it.

Nice 👍

2 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

i'm pretty stoked. old lady going on a knitting retreat, just me and the dog. maybe get to watch something i want to watch. little mountain biking, kayak fishing, order up some dinner, so yeah, stoked

I thrive during quiet alone time, make the most of it.   :)

4 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Heading out to Philly on Thursday to visit my aunt and uncle. They have a condo on the Jersey shore.  Visiting a few places in Philly the first day.

what's a Philly highlight for you?  Just curious as I have a buddy long departed from there. 

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

what's a Philly highlight for you?  Just curious as I have a buddy long departed from there. 

You could spend days in Philly just walking around and stopping at things you come across.  Probably one of my favorite cities so far.

Places I like are the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Philadelphia Mint, America's oldest residential street, Reading Market, Rocky statue, Christ Church cemetery where Ben Franklin is buried, multiple churches that are centuries old.

I'm visiting the museum of American revolution and the eastern state penitentiary this time.

• Like 3

Smoking a pork butt, baked beans, and the usual hotdogs and burgers with most of my family, being fully retired sure make these holidays stress free.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

The hauler has been loaded for a solid 2 weeks and ready to go.  Going to unload 1 car and hit the road Thursday morning and won't be home until Monday.

Good luck report back 👍

• Platinum Contributing Member

Every "holiday" is just an excuse for me to light some fireworks. Start of the summer season fits the bill....

.will be heading to my house in Pa. and open up the pool. I hate pools:bashhead:....more of a pain in the ass than they're worth.

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

No big plans. Probably take the Harley out Sat , maybe launch the Boat Sun.  Monday my oldest daughter is in the parade in town for Band then having couple friends over to grill some food and booze. 

• Like 5

Staying home and enjoying the lack of people - where I live it seems like 75% leave town on Holiday weekends. 

I intentionally stay home on Memorial, 4 of July, and Labor Day weekends, its the best!!

• Like 1

Shaping up for a caravan to Banff. Daughter, SIL, and a variety of other crazy overlanders. Installing new front struts this afternoon and an alignment on weds. Packing the fridge and freezer with a departure early Friday am. 

• Like 4

i live in a vacation area. they all come here on the holidays, i usually go north to escape. they probably feel the same about me. i cause no issue, state campground, kayak fishing , etc. i spend some money for sure

• Like 1

Heading up Nth tomorrow.  Change the oil on the jeep, lawn mowers, log splitter.  Have some trees down on some of the trails so cut them out.  Cut them up and split them for firewood.  Visit with some of the neighbors.  Head home on Saturday to beat the traffic.  

• Like 1

Going North Saturday to work on the place coming back home on Sunday. Monday our town has a Memorial Day Parade our Snowmobile club will be in it with Wisconsin's AWSC Miss snowflake riding on the groomer in the Parade.