Gotta be kidding me!

I paid $450.00 each for tickets to see JT and CK. together, and about the same to see Willie Nelson, both were 3 of 4 rows back and near center stage and I thought that was stupid money, you are right WTF!

• Platinum Contributing Member

And 99% of them in attendance will be staring at their phones recording it.  SMH Tickets are waaay over priced and people don't actually "see" the performance anymore

11 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

And 99% of them in attendance will be staring at their phones recording it.  SMH Tickets are waaay over priced and people don't actually "see" the performance anymore

Right!!!! 😂

I can’t believe that shit.  How many selfies do you need of you and your girls at the show, football, baseball, game. :wall:

44 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I paid $450.00 each for tickets to see JT and CK. together, and about the same to see Willie Nelson, both were 3 of 4 rows back and near center stage and I thought that was stupid money, you are right WTF!

I refuse to pay over a $100 .  We been watching the Eric Church tickets. They are down to 80 now. About 120 with “fees” . Just not paying those prices.  Where does it end?   Mainly going to see 80, 90’s, country  bands .  They are still reasonably priced.  

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I refuse to pay over a $100 .  We been watching the Eric Church tickets. They are down to 80 now. About 120 with “fees” . Just not paying those prices.  Where does it end?   Mainly going to see 80, 90’s, country  bands .  They are still reasonably priced.  

Same we’ve never paid more than a 100 a ticket. We usually go to smaller venues and bands we listen to aren’t extremely popular today like say Taylor swift. I sure as hell wouldn’t be paying 21k to see Taylor swift fucking idiots 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I normally wouldn't pay that much, but to see those 2 together when there may never be another opportunity to I couldn't resist, and Willy just didn't think he would still be alive.  I mostly have gone for 70's groups, Dylan, McCartney, Frampton, Rod, to name a few, saw BB King, Robert Palmer, and Joe Cocker shortly before they all died that influences my willingness to pay extra.

When I was a Teen the Dance/Music place I went to every week had some pretty big name singers there some days, when The Beatles came out we were asked how much we'd be willing to pay to have them come there, everyone raised their hand up to $8 when it got to $10 no one raised their hand, that was 1964.

51 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Right!!!! 😂

I can’t believe that shit.  How many selfies do you need of you and your girls at the show, football, baseball, game. :wall:

Memories!!!!!!111111

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I normally wouldn't pay that much, but to see those 2 together when there may never be another opportunity to I couldn't resist, and Willy just didn't think he would still be alive.  I mostly have gone for 70's groups, Dylan, McCartney, Frampton, Rod, to name a few, saw BB King, Robert Palmer, and Joe Cocker shortly before they all died that influences my willingness to pay extra.

I would of loved to see Joe cocker. 
my wife bought me Seger tickets for my birthday a few years ago. 150 for lawn. 

Most expensive concert I have been to.  Worth every penny. :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I would of loved to see Joe cocker. 
my wife bought me Seger tickets for my birthday a few years ago. 150 for lawn. 

Most expensive concert I have been to.  Worth every penny. :thumbsup:

He put on an awesome show, unreal energy and he sounded better than he did on records. 

BB. King was beyond words great, the common talk among everyone there was that it felt like he was putting on the concert 1on 1 for them.

• Like 1

I can get all the music I need from Spotify, Pandora, or YouTube. Ticket prices have gotten insane the last few years.  Last concert I went to was Joe Bonamassa at the Bushnell, which is a small venue. And if memory serves a ticket, were 100 bucks.  And he’s one of the best guitarists in the world.  I would not spend $10 to go see Taylor Swift lol.

Just caught blink182 at xcel energy and upper level seats were $100.

lower level was couple hundred!!wasn’t paying that!!been catching some good shows at the armory.

great place to catch a show if you have a chance.

• Like 1

Always get pit tickets if we go to a show. Think $125 we paid for 5FDP and In This Moment (great show from a band I had never heard of) and $100 for Shinedown.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

And then there's stories of people not even remembering the concerts. I can't imagine having to rely on some shitty cell phone video you took while wearing a soggy diaper

350804171_648594900446585_5443244674594245834_n.thumb.jpg.d3544b17149563ac0f6852ebf049ad9e.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

My son is on his way to the concert right now. He didn't pay anything and he is in a skybox with some other people. I wonder how much they paid. 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 10:36 PM, X2700 said:

Just caught blink182 at xcel energy and upper level seats were $100.

lower level was couple hundred!!wasn’t paying that!!been catching some good shows at the armory.

great place to catch a show if you have a chance.

Was it Tom, Mark, and Travis…love Blink 182.

On 5/22/2023 at 1:27 PM, 800renegaderider said:

Same we’ve never paid more than a 100 a ticket. We usually go to smaller venues and bands we listen to aren’t extremely popular today like say Taylor swift. I sure as hell wouldn’t be paying 21k to see Taylor swift fucking idiots 

i wouldn't go see her for free.