What you working on today?

• Gold Member
6 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Working on the boat we just bought. Motored it up from Baltimore to Atlantic City first night, second day onto Mystic.  Boat rips with twin Volvo D12s. It has a dinghy/jetski garage with a winch, and a motorized passarelle/gangplank for easy boarding.

8359477_0_160620221158_5.jpg

8359477_0_160620221158_6.jpg

What size is it?

Been steadily working on this bad boy to get ready for Coast Guard COI. We need shafts and wheels tho...

IMG_20230516_175734_1.jpg

20230511_095601.jpg

• Like 7

6 hours ago, hayward said:

telephone/power pole?

minor....

Let's not ask too many questions...

6 hours ago, favoritos said:

Good luck with that project.  Did the skid steer have enough whack to move the bracket?

Probably easiest to just flip it over and let the next pole bend it back again.;)

Got'er all fixed up.  

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

We use Graco 390’s and Titan 440’s…both work great. As far as painting walls goes if they are drywall we usually just cut and roll them with an 18” roller and yes overspray is a concern.

Good to know. Yeah painting is not my favorite thing in the world. I was just trying to figure out a way to make the interior painting go quicker. Walls are textured so a pain more than normal, but I've done them before so........ Thanks for the info. :bc:

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Let's not ask too many questions...

Got'er all fixed up.  

I wonder how many scheduled replacements are waiting for a farmer to whack one of their old power poles?

One of our guys was demoing a high speed disk last year and did a nice clean pole hanger break.  It wasn't a big line, but they charged like it was.  I think it was 6k all said and done.  The initial repair was just a big steel compression sleeve on the old pole.  They came by later in the season and replaced the busted one along with most of the other poles along that road.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Voluntarily working 6 days a week for the last 3 months to pay for my Pyro habit..... Saturdays all OT pay.....just got home.

Pic from a couple months ago...the pile has gotten much bigger since then.:lol:Its just something I really like and enjoy.  Neighbors either hate me or love me there is no in-between.:bc:

Picking up these 2 cakes next weekend... 

20230422_160744.jpg

20230422_160736.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member
10 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Working on the boat we just bought. Motored it up from Baltimore to Atlantic City first night, second day onto Mystic.  Boat rips with twin Volvo D12s. It has a dinghy/jetski garage with a winch, and a motorized passarelle/gangplank for easy boarding.

Wow nice Cranchi,  that is quite the upgrade ! 

What model is that one? They build some impressive boats. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kivalo said:

What size is it?

Been steadily working on this bad boy to get ready for Coast Guard COI. We need shafts and wheels tho...

IMG_20230516_175734_1.jpg

20230511_095601.jpg

Never mind my boat, what size is that?!  :lol:  Mines a Cranchi Mediterranee 50 with twin Volvo D12 715s.  Goes really nice.  What kind of motors in that thing?

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Nice boat!!  I spent late afternoon on the beach of Lake Michigan near Port Washington. Tons of super sweet boats anchored offshore. Many were there for the vintage weekend at Road America. Between the cars at RA and all the boats , it was a spectacular day 

• Like 3

Made a shopping trip to Home Depot, Menards and Fleet Farm. Mulched my trees and planted more corn in the garden plot. Probably spend some time running field cultivator again tomorrow. 

• Like 2

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Never mind my boat, what size is that?!  :lol:  Mines a Cranchi Mediterranee 50 with twin Volvo D12 715s.  Goes really nice.  What kind of motors in that thing?

Cat 399's she's 120ish ft and my office for the next 7 months.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Cat 399's she's 120ish ft and my office for the next 7 months.

Man those are some big friggin motors!  64 litre V16s.  Yikes.  Article I read shows 1200 hp at 1200 rpms?

Today was my day off, Drove to Rochester to meet one of my cousins I have not seen in 30 years..Was absolutely awesome to see her. It's been 30 years since I have seen her and 15+ years since I have seen any of my family. Really was a great day.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Today was my day off, Drove to Rochester to meet one of my cousins I have not seen in 30 years..Was absolutely awesome to see her. It's been 30 years since I have seen her and 15+ years since I have seen any of my family. Really was a great day.

Nice.👌🏻

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

My wife lived in Rochester from the time she was 1 until she was 5.  She still has family out there today.  :bc: 

• Like 1

One of my work trucks had a vibration at the beginning of April. I took it in to my mechanic who had it for 4 weeks. I told him it felt like the driveshaft was shaking. He balanced the tires twice, replaced a worn hanger bearing, went through the rear end, checked for loose bolts, etc, said he couldn’t find anything wrong. He thought maybe the driveshaft had gotten tweaked. Driveshaft went to a specialty shop for a rebalance.

He called and said he thought it was better but the vibration was still there. Told me to come take it and drive it for a bit to see what I think. My son drove it last week for the first time since we brought it home and said the truck shakes like a bastard.

So today I finally had time to drive it to Home Depot. The thing shakes like a MF’r at 40 mph.

I got home and crawled under it. Took 2 minutes to find the problem.

8DB67321-3005-4BD5-BC0C-A6020D0B88A6.jpeg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2