Cat out of Snocross

10 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

If I had to guess, they probably don't have the resources to develop a sno-cross specific sled.

They have a new chassis to continue to develop and supposedly a new engine on it's way.  

Where is a resource limited company going to pull resources from to develop a very specific use sled that will maybe sell 200 of at cost?

I see two possible reasons to race snocross.  To generate sales, and to push development that will make it's way to consumer sleds.  I don't think it's cost effective to achieve either result through having a factory snocross race team.

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

I see two possible reasons to race snocross.  To generate sales, and to push development that will make it's way to consumer sleds.  I don't think it's cost effective to achieve either result through having a factory snocross race team.

It wasn't even a factory team to my knowledge...factory support yes, but this was a privateer team with All Finish as the primary sponsor. 

Arctic Cat distinguished itself during it inception as a performance and racing oriented brand...for Textron to turn its back on that heritage is a slap in the face of every Cat enthusiast.  But please, continue to suck the virtual penis of Textron, which at this point for Cat, is the powersports version of big pharma: they have Cat on life support, draining every last bit of energy from the brand while extracting the maximum profit from the Cat die-hards that refuse to let go.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Premium said:

It wasn't even a factory team to my knowledge...factory support yes, but this was a privateer team with All Finish as the primary sponsor. 

Arctic Cat distinguished itself during it inception as a performance and racing oriented brand...for Textron to turn its back on that heritage is a slap in the face of every Cat enthusiast.  But please, continue to suck the virtual penis of Textron, which at this point for Cat, is the powersports version of big pharma: they have Cat on life support, draining every last bit of energy from the brand while extracting the maximum profit from the Cat die-hards that refuse to let go.

Poor guy how are you ever going to recover?  Cat leaves a dying and insignificant sport OH NO!! 

a3a74665-960b-4a4f-b900-98b3b9005b33_text.gif

• Haha 1

Can’t say I’m shocked to read this news. Sno-X has been on life support for the past decade. Textron is financially smart to drop out of it. Polaris has been racing the same fricking sled since the fall of ‘04. The 600R uses the same bulkhead as the IQR. Sure, it’s seen a good amount of updates and refinement in the past 20, yes 20 years but that’s a heck of a long time. 

Cat would be a lot better off building up interest and excitement by hosting ride events for people to come out and try their new sleds. Kinda like what Polaris does with their RZR. I don’t think Cat should chase after Polaris and Doo with an ambassador type program. I sense people are growing tired of bullshit, look at me Instagram posts from D-bag ambassadors who only have good things to say about the sleds, and can’t be trusted to tell you the real story. 

Fuck sno-x, I hope Cat doesn’t compete at all and the sport finally dies away for good. It has zero revalance with modern sleds. 

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

9_9

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9529e949a644b2bd4bc5

You are the only person on this forum that gives two shits about sno-x. That sport is dead. Right up there in popularity with twin track oval racing. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AK440 said:

You are the only person on this forum that gives two shits about sno-x. That sport is dead. Right up there in popularity with twin track oval racing. 

oh that's right, the FS General Forum is representative of the entire worldwide snowmobiling community and I was the only person posting on the 2023 SX thread.  silly me, how could I have forgotten? 

Hardcore Cat guys thinking a racing discipline is dying simply because Cat no longer has any significant representation is next-level hilarious. Some of you guys are so brainwashed I actually think Textron could've floated the Procross for another 20 years.

Edited by Premium

14 hours ago, Premium said:

They aren’t maximizing profits. They are trying to minimize the losses. It’s in a downward spiral. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Premium said:

Hardcore Cat guys thinking a racing discipline is dying simply because Cat no longer has any significant representation is next level hilarious. Some of you guys are so brainwashed I actually think Textron could've floated the Procross for another 20 years.

I don't see the hardcore Cat guys thinking sno-x is dying.  

It isn't want it was 20 years ago though, there is no denying that.

34 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I don't see the hardcore Cat guys thinking sno-x is dying.  

It isn't want it was 20 years ago though, there is no denying that.

I was really just calling out mnstang, AK440, and ZR6000RR without naming them hahaha

8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

oh that's right, the FS General Forum is representative of the entire worldwide snowmobiling community and I was the only person posting on the 2023 SX thread.  silly me, how could I have forgotten? 

:lol:The HCS general forum !!!! This is where the true hardcore riders hang :bc:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

In no other sled forum does anyone, except for you, post a dedicated thread about a form of racing no one gives a shit about. 

Now, ask the average snowmobile rider about what brand of mountain sled they like better and that’s where the posts, action and interest is. 

10 hours ago, AK440 said:

You are the only person on this forum that gives two shits about sno-x. That sport is dead. 

Hmm, interesting.  I met multiple people from this forum at sno-x this year....so not only crnr.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Hmm, interesting.  I met multiple people from this forum at sno-x this year....so not only crnr.

It’s amazing they sell out the indoor upper and mid level of the canturbury suites in a day for stupid money and still pack the place better than a horse race. I tried to get those tickets and couldn’t. Too many people wanted to watch the snocross races I guess 

• Like 2

the comments... smh

Cat will be in Pro class in 2023/24

the nose cone was painted, the upper fairing was painted, the only thing wrapped with vinyl was the windsheld (maybe not sure on this) and the side panels. Tunnels were powdercoated. so I'm not sure where 25lbs comes from but thats an interesting take from someone who struggled on a skidoo that had direct kyb support and steve houle clutching the sled... Just naming the facts here. 

The "rumor" was that all finish was lighting up skidoos phones before halfway through the season wanting to work on next year. Same person told me they were trying to get Elias after he was done at Thene. 

The way I understood it cat gave them a number , they said it wasn't enough and it ended there. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to have so many on the payroll and pay your riders that aren't getting you results the money you're paying them should produce as they are the two highest paid salary (pre endorsements) racers out there. It wasn't a sustainable model to say the least. 

Also - woodies is 100% cat, you're thinking of True north Boss Racing which is Wittwer (cat) Roes (doo) and another guy whos name I cannot remember on a doo. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Not greg b said:

They aren’t maximizing profits. They are trying to minimize the losses. It’s in a downward spiral. 

If cat is losing money it's on textron at this point. The demand is there (and has been the past few years), they just aren't making enough units.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

If cat is losing money it's on textron at this point. The demand is there (and has been the past few years), they just aren't making enough units.

Just look at the cancelling of orders for Catalyst sleds this year.  More people ordered sleds than Cat could make.  As far as Textron's ability to shoot their own assets in the foot, it's probably the only thing a large corporation is truly good at.

As far as the racing program goes, I'm not sure I can connect the dots between what happened with All Finish and what Cat people are thinking.  Does someone have a mind reading app on their phone, or something?

10 hours ago, fortune46x said:

the comments... smh

Cat will be in Pro class in 2023/24

the nose cone was painted, the upper fairing was painted, the only thing wrapped with vinyl was the windsheld (maybe not sure on this) and the side panels. Tunnels were powdercoated. so I'm not sure where 25lbs comes from but thats an interesting take from someone who struggled on a skidoo that had direct kyb support and steve houle clutching the sled... Just naming the facts here. 

The "rumor" was that all finish was lighting up skidoos phones before halfway through the season wanting to work on next year. Same person told me they were trying to get Elias after he was done at Thene. 

The way I understood it cat gave them a number , they said it wasn't enough and it ended there. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to have so many on the payroll and pay your riders that aren't getting you results the money you're paying them should produce as they are the two highest paid salary (pre endorsements) racers out there. It wasn't a sustainable model to say the least. 

Also - woodies is 100% cat, you're thinking of True north Boss Racing which is Wittwer (cat) Roes (doo) and another guy whos name I cannot remember on a doo. 

I thought Taven was on a cat and their pro lite guy was on a Ski Doo?

OTB I was just reporting the “Facebook facts” idk if that was even a half true quote 😂. I think Benham is decent enough in a best of the rest kind of way(like Logan) but Cat needs someone from a Viking country if they want to compete. Yurk showed a lot of potential in the beginning but clearly didn’t drink enough milk when he was younger as idk if he’s ever completed a season.

On 5/21/2023 at 7:28 PM, HSR said:

:lol:The HCS general forum !!!! This is where the true hardcore riders hang :bc:

all the real athletes are in the CE forum

On 5/22/2023 at 9:38 AM, Art Vandelay said:

true, but in fairness there are supply chain issues but when you are a big corporation hopefully you have the right people in place to overcome these type of issues or make the necessary corrections before allowing too many people to order sleds.  Polaris and BRP are also able to produce floor units for their dealers... so they've obviously figured these things out.  imo, there's a lot of people that would like to see Arctic Cat sold... I'm one of them.      

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 6:26 PM, Palu49 said:

I thought Taven was on a cat and their pro lite guy was on a Ski Doo?

OTB I was just reporting the “Facebook facts” idk if that was even a half true quote 😂. I think Benham is decent enough in a best of the rest kind of way(like Logan) but Cat needs someone from a Viking country if they want to compete. Yurk showed a lot of potential in the beginning but clearly didn’t drink enough milk when he was younger as idk if he’s ever completed a season.

Or just grab an average middle of the pack pro from moto and dominate snocross for a generation.

Boogeyman Textron is on the loose lock up your shit they're coming to make you all crazy and winning.  Textron is doing a stellar job at consuming morons so I totally approve LFG Textron