Cat out of Snocross

Per a reputable cat racing source on Facebook All Finish said the Cat race sleds suck and Doo nor Poo would pick them up so they’re closing up shop. 

“They might’ve performed better without an extra 25lbs of white vinyl on them.” -Daniel Benham

Will there be cats on the Snocross track next year? Maybe they’ll have more time and parts to build RXCs now so I have a chance of getting one through the race program. 

It's pretty unbelievable to even think this is really happening.  The old guard from Cat's glory days has to be thinking Textron needs a good ol' house cleaning in TRF.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

It's pretty unbelievable to even think this is really happening.  The old guard from Cat's glory days has to be thinking Textron needs a good ol' house cleaning in TRF.

Allegedly from what the kid who reported on it and another guy said (he’s got a wicked collection of factory sleds and is tight with a lot of the pros) Cat was trying to play ball and keep things rolling/developing but All Finish wanted to go elsewhere. With neither Poo or Doo picking them up could be more of a team issue but I also don’t know anything about SnoX

18 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Allegedly from what the kid who reported on it and another guy said (he’s got a wicked collection of factory sleds and is tight with a lot of the pros) Cat was trying to play ball and keep things rolling/developing but All Finish wanted to go elsewhere. With neither Poo or Doo picking them up could be more of a team issue but I also don’t know anything about SnoX

Good point on the key word there ... allegedly.  I know others will disagree, but to me it still feels like all of the heritage that Cat built its name upon is getting tarnished.  Then again, when you have generational talent like Blair and Tucker racking up the wins for you, that doesn't hurt either.

• Like 2

Arctic cat has not been doing well financially and it is the reason for such small budget for racing. Wouldn’t surprise me if they pull the plug on race support again like they did in 2020

West Fargo, ND 5/19/2023
We would like to formally announce that we are taking a step back from the Sno cross world. We were unable to put a program together with Arctic Cat that worked for all parties
Arctic Cat has been nothing but great to us over the last two seasons, but in the end we couldn’t come to terms with them. It’s unfortunate as we were hoping we could progress with their program, but things just did not work out.
First and foremost, we want to give a big thank you to all our sponsors over the last two years. Each and every single one of you has been nothing but the best. Second, we want to give a big thank you to each one of our team members, you all went above and beyond, and we appreciate you more than you will ever know. Third, to our fans, your support never went unnoticed. From all the fan posts, comments, and tags we saw each and every single one of you, so thank you.
As we close this chapter out, it has been one wild ride with Arctic Cat. We wish everyone the best in their future endeavors, and look forward to cheering them on in the coming years.

Spent a pile of money in a hurry.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Lol the wrap was not benhim’s issue. He isn’t a top 5 rider nor is anyone on the team. Polaris or doo wouldn’t pick them up because there isn’t any reason for them to. They already have all the top guys on their programs. All finish would get a low support if anything from one of those two in the classes they want to run. 

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

I found one but I am not sure if it was the one from haydays or the top secret tent. 

someone that frequents this page is going to blame SnoCross... ;)

did you see the text?  :roflcrying:

The writing was on the wall.

Now, please stop putting "Team Arctic" and "Race Tech" on all the clothing and merchandise.... it ain't a team anymore, there's nothing left except one phenom (Herfindahl) in one discipline.

Hey at least we have a new platform with a mighty 600...right? Right?:lolz:

Edited by Premium
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Premium said:

I'd buy one of these.

0001562_team-arctic-valiant-tee.jpg

It’s sad to see how fast it fell apart. When you go to a pro race it’s amazing how much arctic cat gear people wear from the tucker era to the races. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Why would textron get out now, with something new actually to promote? Or does snowcross have nothing to do with the catalyst.

If I had to guess, they probably don't have the resources to develop a sno-cross specific sled.

They have a new chassis to continue to develop and supposedly a new engine on it's way.  

Where is a resource limited company going to pull resources from to develop a very specific use sled that will maybe sell 200 of at cost?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

If I had to guess, they probably don't have the resources to develop a sno-cross specific sled.

They have a new chassis to continue to develop and supposedly a new engine on it's way.  

Where is a resource limited company going to pull resources from to develop a very specific use sled that will maybe sell 200 of at cost?

who had the greatest arctic cat chassis ever to race with and develop during the 2008 SX and XC season?   I was raising flags about the racers not getting the new chassis right after Hay Days last year. 

racing isn't cheap as you know but it's also part a product development cycle for motorsports and a place to showcase your hardware that may work it's way to the consumer.  where does money for racing come from?  [in my best Lewis Black voice] SELLING FUCKING PRODUCTS!!!  Textron has been horrible at selling products the masses want since their acquisition compared to Polaris and SkiDoo... who apparently have tons of money to just throw at their racing programs.  Fuck... SkiDoo is back in cross country for chist sake.  

this said, I'm not one bit surprised to hear this, or anything related to Arctic Cat and Snocross.  god help them if they ever lose Herfindahl in XC racing.  

Allegedly (once again) Benham is staying with Cat and going to Woodies, which is already a manufacturer divided team.

It would suck to see Cat pull completely out of SnoX as racinfarmer said what’s really the point? What ROI comes from Snocross? Unless slight tweaks to the catalyst make it a great platform I don’t see cat dumping a ton of money into it for such a niche deal.

41 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Allegedly (once again) Benham is staying with Cat and going to Woodies, which is already a manufacturer divided team.

It would suck to see Cat pull completely out of SnoX as racinfarmer said what’s really the point? What ROI comes from Snocross? Unless slight tweaks to the catalyst make it a great platform I don’t see cat dumping a ton of money into it for such a niche deal.

hard to say... racers want to win first and foremost and will (in most cases) ride whatever they have to in order to win.  racing for the manufacturers is rarely ROI these days, win on Sunday and sell on Monday has been dead for over a decade.  when's the last time you heard someone say they were going to buy a new Camry because someone won the Daytona 500 in a Toyota?  :lol:

@Palu49... you might want to edit that title to All Finished with Cat & SX or something like that based upon Woodie's comments.  ;)

19 minutes ago, krom said:

a can condom, or a slap bracelet style coozy?

slap bracelet... are they collectable already?  :lol2:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Haha 1