Minnesota went all for the tax payers with that $18B surplus

Woohoo!  $260/$520 rebate checks if you make < $75k/$150k a year... Yeah, hell of a job MN!  What was the campaign promise?  $1000/$2000?  FFS - Welcome to California of the Midwest... Oh, and they SPENT ALL OF IT.

https://kstp.com/kstp-news/top-news/state-committee-reaches-deal-on-proposed-tax-bill-that-includes-rebate-checks/

4 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Woohoo!  $260/$520 rebate checks if you make < $75k/$150k a year... Yeah, hell of a job MN!  What was the campaign promise?  $1000/$2000?  FFS - Welcome to California of the Midwest... Oh, and they SPENT ALL OF IT.

https://kstp.com/kstp-news/top-news/state-committee-reaches-deal-on-proposed-tax-bill-that-includes-rebate-checks/

dare I ask what they spent the rest on?  infrastructure, roads, bridges, something of value...?

The Governor in Wisconsin is flaunting we have a budget surplus because of his programs so he's figuring out where to spend it.  

The reality is the residents of Wisconsin are over taxed and the surplus should be returned to the taxpayers.

Not only did we spend the surplus, they are still raising taxes.

The Republicans have next to 0 control in the state, and all the spending bills are still not voted on.  Our constitutional end date for this year is Sunday at midnight. 

I'm sure all the big spending bills will be rammed through one after another in short order by then.

When they didn't have votes from outstate Democrats to get stuff rammed through ("gun control"), they shoved it under more massive to ram it through.

The real interesting one to me was Republicans negotiated no taxes on baby/infant supplies.  Strollers, clothes, etc.

When the bill came to vote, that tax exclusion was gone, and when the Democrats were confronted about it by the media, they just had "no comment".

Seems rather petty and vindictive.

Guess the Democrats really aren't for the families like they claim to be.

Now with all the additional spending, they will have to raise taxes even more in the next biennium budget.  No way around it.

Plus there are so many new handouts and whatnot, the Democrats will run on "vote for us or Republicans will take all this away from you."  "Free" college, massive child credits, etc.

Looks like they'll get their choo-choo to Duluf too.  I'm sure it'll be packed on a daily basis and will not need continual funding from us to keep it open.

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Not only did we spend the surplus, they are still raising taxes.

The Republicans have next to 0 control in the state, and all the spending bills are still not voted on.  Our constitutional end date for this year is Sunday at midnight. 

I'm sure all the big spending bills will be rammed through one after another in short order by then.

When they didn't have votes from outstate Democrats to get stuff rammed through ("gun control"), they shoved it under more massive to ram it through.

The real interesting one to me was Republicans negotiated no taxes on baby/infant supplies.  Strollers, clothes, etc.

When the bill came to vote, that tax exclusion was gone, and when the Democrats were confronted about it by the media, they just had "no comment".

Seems rather petty and vindictive.

Guess the Democrats really aren't for the families like they claim to be.

Now with all the additional spending, they will have to raise taxes even more in the next biennium budget.  No way around it.

Plus there are so many new handouts and whatnot, the Democrats will run on "vote for us or Republicans will take all this away from you."  "Free" college, massive child credits, etc.

Looks like they'll get their choo-choo to Duluf too.  I'm sure it'll be packed on a daily basis and will not need continual funding from us to keep it open.

Yup - they spent all but $3M to give lower income some chump change, which is essentially buying their votes for the next election.

AND - as you pointed out, spent another $4B+ on things that will need to be funded annually through more taxes... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

dare I ask what they spent the rest on?  infrastructure, roads, bridges, something of value...?

Woke shit! Tried to outlaw gas lawn mowers and chainsaws.

• Gold Member

Ya I think I am going to start a petition to get the Iowa border moved up to I-90.  Just built a massive shop for my business and I am just sick at all the taxes.  Oh and we are under a sales tax audit.  Luckily farmers are tax exempt so it shouldn't be to bad.  Then a couple days later I got a letter that our fire dept is going to get an audit on our charitable gambling that I take care of.  So two audits at once by these fucks in St. Paul.  Govt is to fucking big!!!!!  

15 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

Ya I think I am going to start a petition to get the Iowa border moved up to I-90.  Just built a massive shop for my business and I am just sick at all the taxes.  Oh and we are under a sales tax audit.  Luckily farmers are tax exempt so it shouldn't be to bad.  Then a couple days later I got a letter that our fire dept is going to get an audit on our charitable gambling that I take care of.  So two audits at once by these fucks in St. Paul.  Govt is to fucking big!!!!!  

Unfortunately those of us in the land of "rocks and cows" pay the heaviest price for the ineptitude of the metro area.  It's sickening seeing just how stupid this state can get, and it starts right at the top ... Walz, Simon, Ellison, Blaha, and then of course we've got Klobuchar and Smith.  Of those names, I used to think Klobuchar was at least competent but even she has gone way left over the years.  No doubt we're the laughingstock of the Midwest.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

Look your neighbors right in the eye and thank them... because it's their fault.

Just now, Bontz said:

Unfortunately those of us in the land of "rocks and cows" pay the heaviest price for the ineptitude of the metro area.  It's sickening seeing just how stupid this state can get, and it starts right at the top ... Walz, Simon, Ellison, Blaha, and then of course we've got Klobuchar and Smith.  Of those names, I used to think Klobuchar was at least competent but even she has gone way left over the years.  No doubt we're the laughingstock of the Midwest.  

Trying to get a route to idaho from maine bypassing shit hole Illinois and other shitholes. Will go 1,000 miles out of my way to avoid them....

23 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

I'm sure they'll start auditing more of the evil corporate farms soon enough.

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I like how our lt. gov. incites violence, yet not a peep out of her supporters or the state media.

Notice how Mr. Moderate Walzy is staying pretty damn close to home base?

He knows he has betrayed the land of rocks and cows.  Ran as a moderate, but has been been the complete opposite.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Trying to get a route to idaho from maine bypassing shit hole Illinois and other shitholes. Will go 1,000 miles out of my way to avoid them....

Highway 2 into the UP, cross in to Canadia, and back in to the US.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Highway 2 into the UP, cross in to Canadia, and back in to the US.

Had to visit my wifes friend in Detroit 10 or so years ago.  It took me just as much time to go from Lacrosse WI down through chicago and up to detoilet as it did to go home up over the Mighty Mac bridge and around and down.  Same clock time.  Fuck that metro bullshit and their tolls.  Stop and go bs.  That trip home was so relaxing!!  Beauty as far as the eye could see!!  

• Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 3:16 PM, Snake said:

Treat you and the wife to the Michigan ferry. It runs from Manitowoc Wisconsin to Ludington MI. Across Lake Michigan.  Plan ahead and spend some time in Port Washington WI. Stop in Port for some great mexican food at Beanies. There’s also a great frozen custard stand called the Toucan. There’s a couple of beaches in Port as well. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Treat you and the wife to the Michigan ferry. It runs from Manitowoc Wisconsin to Ludington MI. Across Lake Michigan.  Plan ahead and spend some time in Port Washington WI. Stop in Port for some great mexican food at Beanies. There’s also a great frozen custard stand called the Toucan. There’s a couple of beaches in Port as well. 

And then you @Snake can work your way across central Sconnie through La Crosse and take I90 avoiding all the shit around the Twin Cities.  Be sure to make a stop in Sioux Falls, a very clean city with many restaurants and places to have a drink, all within walking distance around the Falls Park area, beautiful part of town there.  We are making that our last stop on our way back on a two week road trip out west.

11 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

And then you @Snake can work your way across central Sconnie through La Crosse and take I90 avoiding all the shit around the Twin Cities.  Be sure to make a stop in Sioux Falls, a very clean city with many restaurants and places to have a drink, all within walking distance around the Falls Park area, beautiful part of town there.  We are making that our last stop on our way back on a two week road trip out west.

LaCrosse area is super beautiful in the summer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Minnesota passed the the biggest tax cut along with the biggest tax hike in Minnesota history, in the same bill. They really fucked us over good 

they under taxed Camaros, specifically black ones 

:roflcrying:

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

they under taxed Camaros, specifically black ones 

:roflcrying:

They fucked me side ways on the truck. That thing was like 600 a year for tabs and it was ready for the scrap yard 

Edited by Not greg b

• Gold Member
17 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Is it still the SS Badger?  I took that years ago when I was hauling machinery.  Drove all night and got a room with a bed to sleep for a couple hours while we crossed.  That was what I needed.  Avoiding the shithole metro!!  It was cheap back then but I am sure it is expensive as hell now like everything.... 

• Like 1