think you're having a bad day at work?

first of all, why is a car full of teenagers going 120mph on the interstate?

should we blame video games?

don't get me wrong as I've done some stupid shit over the years on back country roads where you're likely to hit a deer or tree at 3am... but c'mon?

• Platinum Contributing Member

Not very aware of his surroundings....should have immediately dove over the guardrail. 

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

first of all, why is a car full of teenagers going 120mph on the interstate?

should we blame video games?

don't get me wrong as I've done some stupid shit over the years on back country roads where you're likely to hit a deer or tree at 3am... but c'mon?

yeah all that plus what we had in our blood stream

Just now, sleepybrew said:

imagine them riding sleds

I'm sure they're no different than any of us were when we were kids.  Shit, I remember riding shotgun with my buddy in his old Dodge Dart and doing 100mph down the highway .... with it vibrating to beat hell ... and him looking over at me, laughing, and goes "She's got a bad u joint, Bontzy!!!"  There's a lot of dumb shit we did & these kids are doing the same thing.  Thankfully the only thing hurt was a couple vehicles. 

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

I'm sure they're no different than any of us were when we were kids.  Shit, I remember riding shotgun with my buddy in his old Dodge Dart and doing 100mph down the highway .... with it vibrating to beat hell ... and him looking over at me, laughing, and goes "She's got a bad u joint, Bontzy!!!"  There's a lot of dumb shit we did & these kids are doing the same thing.  Thankfully the only thing hurt was a couple vehicles. 

oh we were absolute wild . i say that the kids today don't get to learn how to drive the way we did. no cops, no cameras, no phones, just us and the roads. we learned to drive in a shalebank as young teens. car after car we destroyed till we were old enough to go on the roads. we were well prepared. i had people ask to get out and walk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sleepybrew said:

oh we were absolute wild . i say that the kids today don't get to learn how to drive the way we did. no cops, no cameras, no phones, just us and the roads. we learned to drive in a shalebank as young teens. car after car we destroyed till we were old enough to go on the roads. we were well prepared. i had people ask to get out and walk

Ooofff.  did more stupid shit in my teenage years than I care to remember. Couple of us were lucky to live through some of the shit we did.

• Like 1

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Ooofff.  did more stupid shit in my teenage years than I care to remember. Couple of us were lucky to live through some of the shit we did.

and a few didn't make it

6 minutes ago, Bontz said:

i grew up in too many dodge darts. slant six pulled for days. my buddy was horrible with cars. we had a near miss with one of his darts, only the rf tire smoked. i asked why, he had vice grips on the other 3. i was out at a party and there was another down the road. we all piled in a tempest , dude had the needle past the 120 mark, arm around his girlfriend, beer between his legs. fastest i have been in a car is 162mph. 1989 930 slant nose turbo. car does 202 mph but i didn't want to see it. actually not wanting to ride in that car at all anymore

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

i grew up in too many dodge darts. slant six pulled for days. my buddy was horrible with cars. we had a near miss with one of his darts, only the rf tire smoked. i asked why, he had vice grips on the other 3. i was out at a party and there was another down the road. we all piled in a tempest , dude had the needle past the 120 mark, arm around his girlfriend, beer between his legs. fastest i have been in a car is 162mph. 1989 930 slant nose turbo. car does 202 mph but i didn't want to see it. actually not wanting to ride in that car at all anymore

150 in my 05 GTO.  That didn’t end well, saw a cop up ahead, hit the binders and he still got me at 110.  And that was in my 40s lol.  When I was 20 got a speeding ticket and was way over served.  Talking to the cop the whole time with a beer squeezed between my legs.  Dumb shit.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yup.  I bet I’ve lost a half dozen friends to just streetbike accidents back then.

me too, drunk driving, running from cops, plus the all out craziness of the 70s-80s. plenty of close calls for all of us. i had a baja bug i juiced up, thing was crazy. many would not get in a second time. my buddy called it multiple whiplash. first time i did a big power slide around a corner he was shitting his pants

• Like 1

they call it drifting now. i loved hanging it out through an entire turn. the driver in that accident could learn a little from an old guy. first is not letting off in the apex of a turn. he saw the lights and lifted, ass end swapped and he was done

3 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

Why do we have cars that go over the posted speed limit? I mean in the hands of a bad driver it could kill someone. But, but, but my cars.........

the average hyundai can go over 100, sleds 100, street bikes forget it. all comes down to self control , and ability to handle it. my buddy from the shalebank put his girlfriends mustang 2 in a ditch an hour after getting his license. he can drive like a mofo but sometimes shit happens

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Not very aware of his surroundings....should have immediately dove over the guardrail. 

I was thinking the same thing...he knew it was coming...that's where you would have found me.

Just go watch crash compilations on YouTube, it will make you think a little more the next time you have that lack of foot control.  Not that I don't enjoy seeing the century mark at least once every time I travel to Sconnie, but it will keep things in perspective.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Just go watch crash compilations on YouTube, it will make you think a little more the next time you have that lack of foot control.  Not that I don't enjoy seeing the century mark at least once every time I travel to Sconnie, but it will keep things in perspective.

only things i crank on anymore is a sled and mountain bike. tickets cost crazy money in ny

• Like 1