David Hughes This Bud Light Is For You

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Β It took a boomer to step in and inject some sanity into this ridiculousness.Β 

Old skool no bullshit vs the pretend crowdΒ  :lol:Β 

15 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Bud Light is on sale at Costco...under $15.00 for a 36 pack.Β  Β :lol:Β Β 

In Florida they had stacks of it in the middle of the floor. Β Stores stocked up anticipating huge sales at spring break. Now stuck with it.Β 

20 minutes ago, Cold War said:

In Florida they had stacks of it in the middle of the floor. Β Stores stocked up anticipating huge sales at spring break. Now stuck with it.Β 

I think that video blog the VP of marketing put out did more damage to the brand than the actual ad campaign.Β  Its one thing to promote outside your customer base its another thing to kind of insult them.Β 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Bud Light is on sale at Costco...under $15.00 for a 36 pack.Β  Β :lol:Β Β 

That's over $70 here!!!!! Dude do you ship? Container truck maybe:lol:

10 minutes ago, HSR said:

That's over $70 here!!!!! Dude do you ship? Container truck maybe:lol:

:bc:

Β 

Β 

FIr4cPPXsAICxFd.png

344736662_1178349869496774_3377410755161400688_n.jpg

• Haha 2

• Gold Member

Just got back from a 4 day weekend in Nashville - didn't see a bud light being consumed the whole time there.

Β 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

I think that video blog the VP of marketing put out did more damage to the brand than the actual ad campaign.Β  Its one thing to promote outside your customer base its another thing to kind of insult them.Β 

I had this discussion and with a slightly liberal friend of mine and I stated this same thing - he didn't even know that she had made that blog.

10 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Just got back from a 4 day weekend in Nashville - didn't see a bud light being consumed the whole time there.

Β 

I had this discussion and with a slightly liberal friend of mine and I stated this same thing - he didn't even know that she had made that blog.

54% of men say beer is their most preferred drink.Β  Β Only 22% of women.Β  Β Want to sell beer lean your advertising towards them.Β  Β Hell great ads that were slightly chauvinistic contributed to Bud Lights success and she came along and wanted to change that.Β  Β Really, really poor business marketing.Β Β 

Often times efforts to grow the customer base alienate the existing one.Β  NASCAR I think suffered a bit from this.

Maybe the two greatest beer commercials of all time.Β  Β One Bud...one Bud Light.Β  Absolutely couldn't air something like this today.Β  BL swear jar has to be right up there.Β 

Β 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

54% of men say beer is their most preferred drink.Β  Β Only 22% of women.Β  Β Want to sell beer lean your advertising towards them.Β  Β Hell great ads that were slightly chauvinistic contributed to Bud Lights success and she came along and wanted to change that.Β  Β Really, really poor business marketing.Β Β 

Often times efforts to grow the customer base alienate the existing one.Β  NASCAR I think suffered a bit from this.

Well go ahead and put college-educated marketing majors in charge, add in a full dose of lack of common sense, and vaula! You get what you get.

54% of men say beer is the most preferred drink.Β  Β Only 22% of women.Β  Β Want to sell beer lean your advertising towards them.Β  Β Hell great ads that were slightly chauvinistic contributed to Bud Lights success and she came along and wanted to change that.Β  Β Really, really poor business marketing.Β Β 

Sure was a bad decision...glad I've never been a fan of Bud Light.

6 minutes ago, hayward said:

Well go ahead and put WOKE college-educated marketing majors in charge, add in a full dose of lack of common sense, and vaula! You get what you get.

Fixed it.Β  To sell beer hire some marketing grad from an one of the Old RowΒ colleges.Β  :lol:Β Β Β I think she was from Harvard.Β Β 

https://www.instagram.com/oldrowofficial/?hl=en

Edited by Highmark

100% agreed. Β She made it way worse.Β 
The Bud light marketing was a huge part of their success, more so than the quality of their product. Β People are still saying …..waz up!!!!!!Β :lol:

C5373506-7D2D-483C-BA30-EED4A6518D6A.gif

• Like 1

For years Bud Light has been #1 in beer can clean up both trailside and roadside in this area. I have a feeling that another brand may soon take that crown. Any thoughts on what it might be?

7 minutes ago, hayward said:

Well go ahead and put college-educated marketing majors in charge, add in a full dose of lack of common sense, and vaula! You get what you get.

Pretty much happening everywhere. Β Talk to a lot of retirees in Florida. Β Almost always the same story. I was there 30+ years, Β pretty good idea what works and what doesn’t, some college kid gets hired in to be my boss. Β Knows nothing but he /she is going to tell me how to do my job? I knew it was time to get out.

For years, Bud Light was at the top of the marketing game.Β  Since at least the early 90s, they have been the masters at funny, memorable ads.Β  The "bud light knight" was a miss, but just about everything before that was awesome.

"Yes I am"

"Real American Heroes" radio spots

"Real men of genius"

etc