The Teach Act

Great way to drive people away from the Teaching profession. Just DAF. Never gonna happen, ever. Not one single teacher I know would be interested in the job if they had to be trained and armed to do it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

Great way to drive people away from the Teaching profession. Just DAF. Never gonna happen, ever. Not one single teacher I know would be interested in the job if they had to be trained and armed to do it.

Wrong again, Stephen, I know plenty of male teachers who would jump at the chance to stand their ground.  :thumb:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, HSR said:

5 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Wrong again, Stephen, I know plenty of male teachers who would jump at the chance to stand their ground.  :thumb:

I'd have to agree with HSR, teachers for the most part have enough on their plates.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Does calling him by his name so something for you? Here you are on mod approval trying to stir the pot with a moderator.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Does calling him by his name so something for you? Here you are on mod approval trying to stir the pot with a moderator.

Go look it up he has used my name many times. I call it fair game. :thumb:

1 minute ago, Badger** said:

I think he's saying quit being a dooosh and you might get out of jail.

Just now, Badger** said:

I call it stupidity. You are just trying to bait him in to your childish game. The members were sick and tired of the crap yet you keep trying to do the same thing again. It's not going to happen. Grow up and ignore him like he has been trying to do with you. Understand?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Badger** said:

All you need is two per school, not the whole Administration of a school. :pc:

Hire 2 people instead of putting it on the teachers plate. JMO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

How about just have 1 Police officer stationed at each school. There isn't a teacher alive that wants to be responsible for the lives of all the children on a Teacher's salary. NONE. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, HSR said:

Wait for the charter school replies…….

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Exactly - this shouldn't come down to arming teachers.  You put a LEO at the door ... not a rent-a-cop ... and a security system that locks the doors so nobody gets in while school's in session.

Just now, Bontz said:

Exactly - this shouldn't come down to arming teachers.  You put a LEO at the door ... not a rent-a-cop ... and a security system that locks the doors so nobody gets in while school's in session.

Many schools have a officer during school hours.

1 hour ago, HSR said:

I know several, so much for anecdotal evidence. 

26 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

So schools become prison like? I’m sure the students would be comfortable.

Why not issues the kids handguns when they issue their laptops?

Just stop,,,,they’re a prison already with all the gang activities. 

27 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

So you guys can't trust teachers to not be groomers but your OK with depending on some teacher with a gun fetish to look after your child? No thanks.

Most feel underpaid and overloaded as is,, not going to take on bodyguards position.

How much gang activity are you guys seeing in elementary schools? What age are they joining gangs now 6,7,8??

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

GMAFB…all you have  ever done is talk shit about teachers…nice try.😉

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

So Badger claims to know MANY male teachers willing to carry and I bet you're talking about mostly male teachers. But here's the catch,40 yr old women aren't interested in "packing" at school.

There are over 1,650,500 elementary school teachers currently employed in the United States. 80.5% of all elementary school teachers are women, while 19.5% are men. The average age of an employed elementary school teacher is 42 years old.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HSR said:

How about just have 1 Police officer stationed at each school. There isn't a teacher alive that wants to be responsible for the lives of all the children on a Teacher's salary. NONE. 

My girlfriend (a teacher) has her CC permit, she wants nothing to do with carrying her firearm in school, doesn't want the responsibility and impossibility of keeping it concealed throughout her day. Granted she is kindergarten and 1st grade they do a lot of physical things that it would not possible for it to be concealed at all times. Just about every school here in CNY has a resource/police officer in all the schools. I know my kids district does and so does my GF's. On the salary aspect, I know everywhere is different pay scale wise but I've dated two other teachers plus my current GF, they make pretty good coin. 80k-100k/yr isn't two bad..They also have and take these classes over the summer that upon completion get them an extra $500/year added to their salaries. My gf will do 3-4 a summer, she's done about 20 of them so far. They are like 8-16 hours a class, so not to bad, and they also get their normal pay rate for the hours that the class is. The odd thing is they don't get that money until October for what they did over the summer..My GF's district also does life time health insurance for her and her spouse(if she had one) after 10 years of employment..But everywhere and every district is different on what they do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, HSR said:

So you guys can't trust teachers to not be groomers but your OK with depending on some teacher with a gun fetish to look after your child? No thanks.

How much gang activity are you guys seeing in elementary schools? What age are they joining gangs now 6,7,8??

10-13 years old around here..

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

My girlfriend (a teacher) has her CC permit, she wants nothing to do with carrying her firearm in school, doesn't want the responsibility and impossibility of keeping it concealed throughout her day. 

Thanks for chiming in :thumbsup: I don't blame her 1 bit :bc:

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

10-13 years old around here..

That's about what I figured,, still very sad :sad:

1 minute ago, HSR said:

Thanks for chiming in :thumbsup: I don't blame her 1 bit :bc:

That's about what I figured,, still very sad :sad:

Yeah, she doesn't have a so called "desk job" as a teacher, she's crawling around on the floor with the kids doing activities, outside with them playing games. It's just impossible for her to keep it concealed with what she wears to be comfortable with what she has to do throughout her day. Now in saying that, she would straight up shoot a mother fucker in their face if they tried to harm her kids if she had to..She's a good woman. :bc:

One of my customers that brings his car in (the white Maserati) is a Syracuse PD officer and stationed at a middle school in the city. Asked him how the kids are.. "they are an absolute embarrassment" was his response. He's a black guy in a probably 80-90% black school inner city 

• Thanks 1