Colorado banning gas powered lawn equipment….

• Gold Member
17 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Meh, I've got no reason to ever mow.  I have an old style mechanical mower and a wife.  No gas, no batteries, no effort on my part.

You got your wife out tending the fields with a scythe? How you pull that off I’m looking to get outta mowing duty 😂

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

You got your wife out tending the fields with a scythe? How you pull that off I’m looking to get outta mowing duty 😂

I tried , mine said she loved mowing . Bought her a mower for mothers day. Got sick of looking at it 1/2 cut. Hired a bud to do it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ckf said:

My old business partner mowed lawns as a side gig since he was a teenager. He refused to get a rider even though 2 of his lawns took 3 hours plus to mow. Another mutual friend got him a job mowing for one of his homeowners. They had a lawn tractor there that he was welcome to use.  He refused to use it and spent an hour and a half pushing his homeowners lawnmower instead. The job paid the same no matter how it was done. He always used a push mower and always will.

fuck that !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Meh, I've got no reason to ever mow.  I have an old style mechanical mower and a wife.  No gas, no batteries, no effort on my part.

Baller man, thats great for you,..I'm not that far up the ladder,..I'm the guy you pay to mow..

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Mainecat said:

I notice many of the landscapers here using cordless trimmers and blowers.

I love my Milwaukee battery string trimmer and pole saw. Not sure how I would replace my riding lawn mower with electric.

1 hour ago, MILFMAN said:

I love my Milwaukee battery string trimmer and pole saw. Not sure how I would replace my riding lawn mower with electric.

Bought a Stihl whacker 3 years ago and It’s awesome. When my Stihl gas blower goes it’s cordless time for that too. My brother bought a Stihl cordless 16” chainsaw thats very nice.

14 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Takes me around 2.5 hours to mow my place.  An electric version to do this would be upwards of $30k.  Takes longer to sharpen the blades than it does to maintain the Kawi engine.

image.thumb.png.e47b063bbe8d6a5dab712ab21d26ee30.png

You need a stripe kit on that!

IMG_20230427_200607266.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

You need a stripe kit on that!

IMG_20230427_200607266.jpg

I know, I should have gotten one right off the bat.  It would look good in that area but I get into some rougher stuff on other parts of the property.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Takes me around 2.5 hours to mow my place.  An electric version to do this would be upwards of $30k.  Takes longer to sharpen the blades than it does to maintain the Kawi engine.

image.thumb.png.e47b063bbe8d6a5dab712ab21d26ee30.png

I have the same mower… love it!

Pro tip - if the starter won’t engage (click click) be sure the blade engagement button is completely depressed… LOL  

• Like 1

Look at the reporting source page, electrek.

Doesn't sniff of any kind of bias does it?

It's obviously a clandestine hook up site for homosexual men

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

I tried , mine said she loved mowing . Bought her a mower for mothers day. Got sick of looking at it 1/2 cut. Hired a bud to do it.

I had a 116 Deere mower that I bough used in the early 2000's.

Great mower/tractor but she had a hard life before me, and an equally hard life with me.

I'd get home from a 14hr day and find her somewhere in the yard, broke down.

I fixed her as best I could, send her back out but she was just wore out.

I'd been to the Deere dealer a few times before the 116's passing and had a new mower in my mind.

Got home one Friday night and the old girl was in the middle of the lawn, broke down again. 

That was it.

Deere dealer opened at 0700. I was there, with a trailer.

We talked a bit and I bought a new X360, stick her on the trailer.

Power lift, power steering. 22 hp Kawi engine,  Just a joy to run

Wife still doesn't cut the grass. Maybe the old mower soured that,

I offered up we should hire a local kid to cut the lawn with our equipment (I've got everything, new and easy to use), but no.

I should give up drinking on weekends and do it myself.

We will have a meadow this year....until she gives up and I cut the entire place with the bush hog, in the air conditioned cab of the kubota.

18 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

My poor JD lawn tractor gets very little use since I told my wife that mowing the lawn with a push mower makes her ass smaller and sexy. She rocks a 40v Ryobi like a boss. Lol 

1933583496_Grasscutting.jpg.44eb6ebbcfda098bd141cbae7d632c57.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/27/2023 at 7:09 PM, spin_dry said:

Perfect for your average homeowner!!!  :lol: 

I preferred this when I owned some big acreage. Cool drink and headphones  

IMG_0248.jpeg

So a 2 stroke chain saw and a pre-smog diesel....you could have what you wanted but now everyone needs electric crap?

Typical boomer.

16 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Bought a Stihl whacker 3 years ago and It’s awesome. When my Stihl gas blower goes it’s cordless time for that too. My brother bought a Stihl cordless 16” chainsaw thats very nice.

When I bought my sthl kombi setup last year it was much more expensive to do the same thing with a battery. 

22 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Cordless blowers don't work.  I have one for cleaning my patio off, but would never use it in my yard.  Pb-9010 I have makes even the biggest electric blower feel pointless.  Greatest shovel made btw.  I shovel a couple thousand square feet of patio and deck with it every time it snows.   The electric can't do a sidewalk...

23 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Don't do it, especially if you have any amount of leaves to clean up.  Check the CFM specs on them.  I went into the Stihl dealer when my handheld Stihl blower crapped out.  He ended up talking me into a BR500 backpack blower.  A little heavier and bulky, but the power it puts out is worth it.  I think I'd consider an electric trimmer though when my gas model craps out.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...