Jesse Ventura

Growing up in Minnesota I got to see Jesse almost everywhere. He was at car shows, snowmobile shows, sports events. Always fund raising for some meaningful charity. I always figured him for a good man. I was just a little guy the first time I met him. I just remember him being this huge mother fucker that always had a smile for you and a kind word. He was great with kids. 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Highmark said:

Personally I'd like to see a SS scale for physical labor jobs that make the qualification for full benefits at an earlier age.   I know some guys who've worked construction for 30+ years and their bodies are shot.

For sure. Our union pension allows full retirement at 55. By then most guys have had a couple surgeries. Some guys keep working so they dont have to spend more time with the wife LOL

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, Anler said:

For sure. Our union pension allows full retirement at 55. By then most guys have had a couple surgeries. Some guys keep working so they dont have to spend more time with the wife LOL

Health ins too ?

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I’ve done both. There’s no appreciable difference. The end result is an inability to perform the responsibilities of the said job when the damage is high. 

I've done both also, plus a combination of the two. My back is fucked so I'm fortunate that I have a mostly desk job now. Physical stress and mental stress are both killers.

4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Health ins too ?

Yes until medicare kicks in. If you have enough years in they will give you a Medicare supplement. The health insurance is the best benefit we have. 

Edited by Anler

Always liked Jesse and his chicken hawk comments about the Bush presidents.. 

• The decision to launch a war, he said, should be made by parents of children who will do the fighting. He labeled Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney and former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld "chicken-hawks," because they all avoided fighting in Vietnam but had no reservations about sending others to fight and die for their cause in Iraq.
Edited by jonlafon1