656 *mass* shootings for 2023

• Platinum Contributing Member
37 minutes ago, HSR said:

With a justice system like that the LEO have no incentive to do a proper job. If they knew arresting a pos with an illegal gun meant they never saw the fucker again they might work a little harder. That would be hard to take after awhile from LEO's perspective. Then they become a reactionary force instead of a proactive one. 

Manchester , the largest city in my state ( pop 104,000 ) just keep arresting the same 100 people, week after week. 

When democrats were in control of the legislature they passed so called" bail reform laws " that basicly releases everyone on personal recognince.

something else that would help us get to some middle ground, and find some real soultions, would be if the media would stop flat out lying about guns to scare the uninformed people caught in the middle. i swear that every time i see a cnn story, it is flat out lies. there's just no need for it

• Like 2

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Manchester , the largest city in my state ( pop 104,000 ) just keep arresting the same 100 people, week after week. 

When democrats were in control of the legislature they passed so called" bail reform laws " that basicly releases everyone on personal recognince.

That's just fucking retarded and gives LEO zero feeling of the court system having their backs in this.

26 minutes ago, HSR said:

While this discussion is great and friendly for once we aren't touching the OP which is more concerned with the mass shooting issue in the US which is predominantly law abiding citizens, not career criminals.

Actually it is not . School shooting , mall shooting as horrific as they are make up a small amount of mass shootings. 

Just now, Tommcat said:

something else that would help us get to some middle ground, and find some real soultions, would be if the media would stop flat out lying about guns to scare the uninformed people caught in the middle. i swear that every time i see a cnn story, it is flat out lies. there's just no need for it

Absolutely it's even worse up here.

Just now, HSR said:

That's just fucking retarded and gives LEO zero feeling of the court system having their backs in this.

Of course it is retarded. Police brass are begging to get it changed . And the city , a city that was never that great , has become a crime ridden shithole.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Actually it is not . School shooting , mall shooting as horrific as they are make up a small amount of mass shootings. 

Horror garners attention which is what they want. I liked it when the dude in Australia killed some people and they would NOT release his name in the media as he should never be remembered. That was cool. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

I know it's wrong to punish the masses because of the actions of a few, but it MAY escalate to that point. Maybe have to get training before you can purchase your first gun or possess one as your own :dunno: The kid in Buffalo seemed to know his way around a weapon, and was nice to see life in prison for him and no "mental issues" used as an excuse. Just a racist that went to kill him some blacks.

Yeah, not much hope for change there.

apply that thinking to other topics though and i doubt you'd find many takers. limit the first amendment for ALL media because some of them have been caught lying?

and we already have to get training here before getting a license. and in my informed opinion, it isnt good enough training.

• Like 1

Just now, HSR said:

Horror garners attention which is what they want. I liked it when the dude in Australia killed some people and they would release his name in the media as he should never be remembered. That was cool. 

Thats the correct thing to do as school shooters are losers who want that one chance to become famous. Take it away from them and just refer to them as the loser with the gun.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HSR said:

Absolutely it's even worse up here.

the video early on from c2c was a prime example, the one about AR rounds exploding in the body.

this fascination, hatred and fear of an AR is completely unjustified. i own them, i hunt with one of them. i can tell you that the LEAST powerful centerfire rifle in my cabinet is my AR15.

it's THE prime example of people arguing about something while having a total lack of knowledge on the topic.

i wish people that didnt know, would simply ask someone who does. a lot of this bullshit would cease to exist 

Edited by Tommcat
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Thats the correct thing to do as school shooters are losers who want that one chance to become famous. Take it away from them and just refer to them as the loser with the gun.

I agree 100% leave them nameless and faceless and then they see they won't get the attention they want.

1 minute ago, Tommcat said:

the video early on from c2c was a prime example, the one about AR rounds exploding in the body.

this fascination, hatred and fear of an AR is completely unjustified. i ow them, i hunt with one of them. i can tell you that the LEAST powerful centerfire rifle in my cabinet is my AR15.

it's THE prime example of people arguing about something while having a total lack of knowledge on the topic.

i wish people that didnt know, would simply ask someone who does. a lot of this bullshit would cease to exist 

I agree, shot one when I was 12 back in '82. Police force here got one so dad had to take me out when they took it shooting for the first time. 

Anyone with a brain knows a 12 guage will cause more destruction with the correct loads. It's a good thing the crazies(politicians included) haven't figured that one out yet.

Just now, Tommcat said:

open the mental hospitals back up, and watch these crimes go down in one generation. i'd put money on it

The only issue I can see with that is how many people will use the "mentally unfit to stand trial" card, go get miraculously cured and back on the streets. Used to get used a lot back in the day.

1 minute ago, HSR said:

The only issue I can see with that is how many people will use the "mentally unfit to stand trial" card, go get miraculously cured and back on the streets. Used to get used a lot back in the day.

we had a big state hospital in the town i grew up in. it employed a lot of my friends moms as nurses. i know from talking to them, the people in there werent there because they played the crazy card, and they didnt get out. they were lifetime residents.

if someone is nut, then i dont really care if they spend life locked up in prison, or a rubber room. same end result, one less dangerous person out in public, which is really the end goal, right?

• Like 1

Just now, Tommcat said:

we had a big state hospital in the town i grew up in. it employed a lot of my friends moms as nurses. i know from talking to them, the people in there werent there because they played the crazy card, and they didnt get out. they were lifetime residents.

if someone is nut, then i dont really care if they spend life locked up in prison, or a rubber room. same end result, one less dangerous person out in public, which is really the end goal, right?

Yup :bc:

4 hours ago, HSR said:

Mentally unfit to stand trial should last through treatment until they are fit and then the trial should commence.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Mentally unfit to stand trial should last through treatment until they are fit and then the trial should commence.  

That would work :bc:

On 4/17/2023 at 6:24 AM, jonlafon1 said:

Could be 1600 and it wont change nothing. The numbers just keep trending up. It will get far worse then this.. guessing we could see a couple thousand a year and still nothing will change much. Make it mandatory to have a gun? Like registering for the draft. Everyone open carry everywhere like the old westerns?  Then someone calls someone a name and you go out in the streets and draw? :gun:

Worse than what?  Deaths from guns in the US have been trending down for a long, long time.

"Gun" deaths are the only kind we blame the tool used and not the person.  Why?

The "war on drugs" isn't designed to eliminate drug use, it's designed for continuous and unstoppable conflict and profit.  The deflection of TikTok data privacy purposefully ignores the real threat (brainwashing kids).  Gun violence conveniently ignores the root cause of violence.  All of this is by design.  Nobody (in a position of influence) wants these things to end. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

3 more shootings in my city this weekend, including the police being shot at.

No ARs or legal gun owners involved.

If only the current laws already in place were enforced to the full extent.

• Like 1

• Crnr2Crnr changed the title to 250+ *mass shootings this year