Ban all cops

My cousin was LEO in London, England for 20+ years and never carried a firearm. Far more civilized country though I'll admit.

I've lived in my town since 1976 and in all that time the only time an LEO has used their sidearm was to shoot a bear or a skunk. No cop has ever shot a person here, ever as far as I know.

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Domestic dispute.  The cops were armed and trespassing.  You go on somebody’s property without permission or cause and  trespass while armed you are committing a crime.  The cops had no business being armed on that guys personal property.  I don’t care what they were there for.  If they weren’t carrying guns this guy would still be alive.  Way more innocent people die from police gun fire then police die from criminal gun fire.  It’s a huge disparity and not even comparable.

This guy was exercising his constitutional right and the government took his constitutional right away as well as his life.

why couldn’t police carry non lethal weapons instead of lethal ones?

Domestic dispute that resulted in a call to 911.  So basically what you're saying is, let the domestic continue and whoever's getting the shit beat out of them - let it happen.  Cops can't go on the scene to try and help because they're trespassing. What in the flying fuck kind of logic is that?

We may as well stop now, because you won't change my mind and I won't change yours.  I already said the officers involved with this need to be held accountable for their actions.  But I stand by the notion that the good cops outnumber the bad cops ... and by a significant percentage & claiming ALL cops are trash is DERP worthy.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, HSR said:

My cousin was LEO in London, England for 20+ years and never carried a firearm. Far more civilized country though I'll admit.

I've lived in my town since 1976 and in all that time the only time an LEO has used their sidearm was to shoot a bear or a skunk. No cop has ever shot a person here, ever as far as I know.

Policing in the US isn’t even in the top 20 of dangerous jobs in the US.  Being a crossing guard in the US saves more people than police could ever hope to while cross guards die at a greater rate.  

Policing in the US kills substantially more people annually than people kill police.  Just facts.  Police commit 97% of their homicides with fire arms….  Some justifiable but overwhelming majority are unjustified.

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Domestic dispute that resulted in a call to 911.  So basically what you're saying is, let the domestic continue and whoever's getting the shit beat out of them - let it happen.  Cops can't go on the scene to try and help because they're trespassing. What in the flying fuck kind of logic is that?

We may as well stop now, because you won't change my mind and I won't change yours.  I already said the officers involved with this need to be held accountable for their actions.  But I stand by the notion that the good cops outnumber the bad cops ... and by a significant percentage & claiming ALL cops are trash is DERP worthy.

Why does it take an armed individual to respond to domestic dispute?  Why not use a taser when they answer the door?

Edited by BOHICA

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

Why does it take an armed individual to respond to domestic dispute?

Nope - you win.  I'm done.  Arguing with idiots is a Friday night type of entertainment thing, not a Saturday thing.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Nope - you win.  I'm done.  Arguing with idiots is a Friday night type of entertainment thing, not a Saturday thing.

Spoken like a true loser.  Rarely, and I mean rarely do domestic disputes require a gun to be drawn and a trigger pulled.  They are as routine as a cat stuck in a tree.  Why not use a taser responding to them or other non lethal means.  Non lethal policing is very successful around the world.  

Having police have guns is as idiotic as having 89,000 new IRS agents having guns on their house call.  

Edited by BOHICA

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

Why should cops carry firearms?  What’s the reason? If they are close enough to shoot a man in his doorway they could have used tasers and stun guns in most cases just as effectively as firearms.  And nobody would die?  If any cops see a gun they freak, they are taught to freak the fuck out and innocent people die.  Do you freak out if a cop is carrying a gun?  Do you freak out if you see somebody carrying a gun?

cops freak the fuck out and lose their shit if they see a gun and pull there gun and start firing instantly.   

Have you ever interacted with a cop while carrying a gun?

13 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Spoken like a true loser.  Rarely, and I mean rarely do domestic disputes require a gun to be drawn and a trigger pulled.  They are as routine as a cat stuck in a tree.  Why not use a taser responding to them or other non lethal means.  Non lethal policing is very successful around the world.  

Having police have guns is as idiotic as having 89,000 new IRS agents having guns on their house call.  

https://cops.usdoj.gov/ric/Publications/cops-w0858-pub.pdf

Summary of Findings

The information contained within this report yielded the following summary of findings for law enforcement chief executives and practitioners:

Calls for Service

• ➢  Calls related to Domestic Disputes and domestic-related incidents continue to represent the highest number of fatal types of calls for service and were also the underlying cause of several other calls for service that resulted in law enforcement fatalities, including some ambushes.

• ➢  In an important change from prior years, 17 of the newly examined 18 cases involving a Domestic Disputes call, involved officers being fired from outside the residence or location they were dispatched to. Six of those cases involved officers being engaged by gunfire from over 50 feet.

• ➢  A Man with a Gun and Shots Fired call types both increased dramatically over the numbers found in the first analysis (Fatal Calls and Deadly Encounters). Those two firearm related calls for service nearly doubled and in a shorter time span than that covered in the initial report.

• ➢  The average length of service for officers killed while answering a call for service was 13.5 years.

https://www.thetrace.org/2016/08/domestic-violence-police-risk-danger/

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/nypd-domestic-violence-calls/

16 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

MCKEESPORT, Pa. —

A man is being charged after one police officer died and another was injured during a shooting in McKeesport on Monday.

Allegheny County police said McKeesport officers responded around 12:11 p.m. for a domestic-related disturbance call in the 1400 block of Wilson Street.

https://www.wtae.com/article/mckeesport-police-activity/42778571#

On the morning of April 4, 2009, a heavily armed Stanton Heights man ambushed Officers Paul Sciullo II and Stephen Mayhle, who were responding to a domestic violence call at his mother’s home, killing both of them.

Officer Eric Kelly, a Stanton Heights resident on his way home after finishing his shift, heard the distress call and responded to the scene, where he was shot and killed attempting to rescue Sciullo and Mayhle.

There's more, I'm not going looking for them............ 

1 hour ago, akvanden said:

Out of curiosity, what's your personal history of interacting with the police?

Witnessed considerable lying and dishonest actions by them. Never really been in trouble myself aside from a bunch of petty misdemeanor shit and a few disorderly conducts. 

• Gold Member
23 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Have you ever interacted with a cop while carrying a gun?

Knocking on his door a night to talk to them? No.  If I beat on a cops door at night and he answered with a gun in his hand can I shoot him?

while concealed yes…. We are constitutional carry in my state.  Can conceal carry without a permit.

Have I knocked on doors and the people that answer have a gun.  Yes, on occasion!  Did it make me want to shoot them? No…..  Powerlines run across a lot of private property so I do door knocking prior to driving or bring equipment on a legal right of ways on private property

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Witnessed considerable lying and dishonest actions by them. Never really been in trouble myself aside from a bunch of petty misdemeanor shit and a few disorderly conducts. 

You disorderly no fucking way, I don't believe it.............. :lol:

• Gold Member
28 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

MCKEESPORT, Pa. —

A man is being charged after one police officer died and another was injured during a shooting in McKeesport on Monday.

Allegheny County police said McKeesport officers responded around 12:11 p.m. for a domestic-related disturbance call in the 1400 block of Wilson Street.

https://www.wtae.com/article/mckeesport-police-activity/42778571#

On the morning of April 4, 2009, a heavily armed Stanton Heights man ambushed Officers Paul Sciullo II and Stephen Mayhle, who were responding to a domestic violence call at his mother’s home, killing both of them.

Officer Eric Kelly, a Stanton Heights resident on his way home after finishing his shift, heard the distress call and responded to the scene, where he was shot and killed attempting to rescue Sciullo and Mayhle.

There's more, I'm not going looking for them............ 

There are literally 10,000 of thousands of domestic dispute calls in each of our biggest cities monthly….  Likely millions a year in total across the country.  Cat in a tree call.  

https://bmcpublichealth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12889-022-14901-3

If a couple officers die responding or ambushed their gun is neither a deterrent or a savior of them during the initial response.

more people hit the mega million and Powerball jackpots in a year then the amount of police officers killed responding to domestic violence.  

Way More innocent people die at the hands of police and them using guns then there are police that die at the hands of non police using guns.  

Take police guns away they will act less retarded and actually do a good job potentially.

Edited by BOHICA
  • Haha 2

Barron County police shooting: Funeral service to be held Saturday

By FOX 9 Staff
Published April 11, 2023 4:48PM

Barron County police shooting: Procession held to return killed officers

Hundreds came out to attend the return of the police officers shot and killed during a traffic stop in Barron County, Wisconsin, on Saturday. FOX 9’s Courtney Godfrey was live from Barron County with a community in mourning.

CAMERON, Wis. (FOX 9) - The funeral service for the two Wisconsin police officers killed during a traffic stop in Barron County will be held on Saturday, April 15, authorities announced Tuesday. 

Chetek Officer Emily Breidenbach and Cameron Officer Hunter Scheel were killed during a traffic stop on April 8. 

The visitation will be held from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 15, at Cameron High School in Cameron, Wisconsin. The funeral service will be held at 1 p.m., with police honors to be conducted following the ceremony outside the school. 

A procession will commence after the police honors from Cameron High School. The route is still to be determined. 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

You have a constructional right if you are a law abiding citizen to protect yourself in self defense.  Armed individuals knocked for no reason on his door intending to do harm to him and his family.  He has a constitutional right to protect himself, his family and his property.  Murder, attempted murder, hate crime, and civil right violation committed by these cops

You are not trespassing by knocking on someones door baring a no trespass sign, which I don't believe is there. Once the property owner or whomever tells you to leave then it becomes trespass.

Also I've heard there are other body cam videos so perhaps one of those will shed light on wether this guy pointed a gun at LEO or not. Simply possessing a firearm is absolutely not grounds to shoot that person.

23 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Lost half a keg of beer :lol:   Scarred  for life……

sorry Ben , couldn’t help myself. :ashamed:

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

You are not trespassing by knocking on someones door baring a no trespass sign, which I don't believe is there. Once the property owner or whomever tells you to leave then it becomes trespass.

Also I've heard there are other body cam videos so perhaps one of those will shed light on wether this guy pointed a gun at LEO or not. Simply possessing a firearm is absolutely not grounds to shoot that person.

If he did why can’t the guy point a gun at armed intruders without cause?  He was defending himself which is a constitutional right.   Not trespassing to knock on a door….  Becomes criminal trespass when the police committed murder

30 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

Lost half a keg of beer :lol:   Scarred  for life……

sorry Ben , couldn’t help myself. :ashamed:

That did seriously piss me off lol , that doesn’t even make the list of top 10 fucked up things I’ve witnessed though 

• Gold Member

Last year, an armed man in Oslo, Norway stole an ambulance, injuring four people and firing shots as he drove. Police officers chasing the vehicle fired their guns—but not at him. Instead, they shot the wheels of the ambulance to slow the vehicle and arrested the armed man. 

“Police in Norway do encounter very dangerous situations—albeit less frequently than American police,” says Paul Hirschfield, a professor of sociology at Rutgers University who focuses on policing. “But when in danger, they are far more reluctant to resort to deadly force.”

Norway is one of 19 countries worldwide where police officers are typically unarmed, and permitted to use guns only in exceptional circumstances. These countries, which include the United Kingdom, Finland, and Iceland, seldom see deadly incidents involving police officers. While 1090 people were killed by police in the United States in 2019, Norway saw no deaths at the hands of police officers for the same year.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Instead of defunding the police we need to disarm them.  No reason cops should fired upon firstbe carrying weapons and if they do they need to have rules of engagement that consist of they have to be fired upon first before they can fire their weapons….  Bunch of trigger happy idiots that have no repercussions for being a trigger happy idiot.

:lol:..... yeah and only if it hits them in the head......good God I heard it all now 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Last year, an armed man in Oslo, Norway stole an ambulance, injuring four people and firing shots as he drove. Police officers chasing the vehicle fired their guns—but not at him. Instead, they shot the wheels of the ambulance to slow the vehicle and arrested the armed man. 

“Police in Norway do encounter very dangerous situations—albeit less frequently than American police,” says Paul Hirschfield, a professor of sociology at Rutgers University who focuses on policing. “But when in danger, they are far more reluctant to resort to deadly force.”

Norway is one of 19 countries worldwide where police officers are typically unarmed, and permitted to use guns only in exceptional circumstances. These countries, which include the United Kingdom, Finland, and Iceland, seldom see deadly incidents involving police officers. While 1090 people were killed by police in the United States in 2019, Norway saw no deaths at the hands of police officers for the same year.

LOL! Lemme guess? You’re a fan of “knee shots “ too? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Why should cops carry firearms?  What’s the reason? If they are close enough to shoot a man in his doorway they could have used tasers and stun guns in most cases just as effectively as firearms.  And nobody would die?  If any cops see a gun they freak, they are taught to freak the fuck out and innocent people die.  Do you freak out if a cop is carrying a gun?  Do you freak out if you see somebody carrying a gun?

cops freak the fuck out and lose their shit if they see a gun and pull there gun and start firing instantly.   

Oh look, more stupidity…..shocker. Good lord dude, quit while you’re way behind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

LOL! Lemme guess? You’re a fan of “knee shots “ too? 

Nope shoot to kill.  If your going to pull the trigger, much less point the gun you should shoot to kill