5 Year Anniversary of Textron hiring ex polaris employees

SAFETY RECALL NOTICE

Stop Sale and Use Order for model-year 2020-2023 Arctic Cat 8000 snowmobiles

April 13, 2023

Dear Valued Dealers,

You are hereby instructed to stop sale, effective immediately, on all Arctic Cat 8000 series snowmobiles including Mountain, ZR, and Riot from model year 2020 through 2023, regardless of vehicle identification number (VIN.) This is to inform you that these vehicles may contain a defect that could affect the safety of a person.

These vehicles were produced from January 2019 to November 11, 2022. The snap ring groove cut into the top of the fuel dampener is slightly oversized. The oversized groove can allow the snap ring to fall out, allowing fuel to leak, creating a potential fire hazard. 

Arctic Cat Inc. is identifying and evaluating corrective measures to address this issue. Once the corrective action has been determined, a further update will be provided. Authorized dealers and service centers will be compensated for the parts and labor required to correct this issue upon filing a warranty claim.

Note that Arctic Cat Inc. will notify end-use owners by mail with instructions to contact an authorized Arctic Cat dealer or service center for repair. Customers will be instructed to stop using affected units until an authorized service is performed to correct the issue.

Edited by krom

22 minutes ago, krom said:

SAFETY RECALL NOTICE

Stop Sale and Use Order for model-year 2020-2023 Arctic Cat 8000 snowmobiles

April 13, 2023

Dear Valued Dealers,

You are hereby instructed to stop sale, effective immediately, on all Arctic Cat 8000 series snowmobiles including Mountain, ZR, and Riot from model year 2020 through 2023, regardless of vehicle identification number (VIN.) This is to inform you that these vehicles may contain a defect that could affect the safety of a person.

These vehicles were produced from January 2019 to November 11, 2022. The snap ring groove cut into the top of the fuel dampener is slightly oversized. The oversized groove can allow the snap ring to fall out, allowing fuel to leak, creating a potential fire hazard. 

Arctic Cat Inc. is identifying and evaluating corrective measures to address this issue. Once the corrective action has been determined, a further update will be provided. Authorized dealers and service centers will be compensated for the parts and labor required to correct this issue upon filing a warranty claim.

Note that Arctic Cat Inc. will notify end-use owners by mail with instructions to contact an authorized Arctic Cat dealer or service center for repair. Customers will be instructed to stop using affected units until an authorized service is performed to correct the issue.

This is nothing.  Wait until the new sleds that those ex employees developed for cat get into production this fall and get into consumer hands. 

they must have some of those Polaris QC folks in the engine plant as well... making sure the crank bearing pins are properly installed before the case halves get put together. 

;)

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

20 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

new Polaris bashing thread coming? 

giphy.gif

I don't know.  A Polaris stop sale is barely news worthy I think it's pretty assumed at this point 

On 4/16/2023 at 5:55 AM, Tripleflipper said:

I get a good chuckle out of how a Textron recall is somehow tied into being Poo's fault.

Textron owned Polaris like 40 years ago and taught them everything they know. Now they are educating cat 

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/16/2023 at 3:15 PM, favoritos said:

My dealer has one of those sleds in his shop. 

This is a recall I wouldn't ignore.  That sled is not in good shape with only three clicks on the odometer.

Wonderful.  I moved, wonder if I'll ever see the notice.  Knock on wood, no problems with mine so far.

16 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

Where to?

From not far from Bontz's area of MN to the 3 Old Guy's area.  We're still trying to track down all the entities who need our new address.  I'm not sure it's worth telling Arctic Cat, I'll just have to call the dealer and find out what's going on.

Edited by p51mstg
  • Thanks 1