Feinstein

Gonna be 90 in June.  Has she ever done anything in the private sector. 

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., faces calls to resign from fellow Democrats in Congress after a lengthy absence from the Senate due to health issues.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/sen-dianne-feinstein-faces-first-call-resign-member-congress-rcna79445

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

It's never a democrat pushing for term limits. 

Good god…that’s your comment after reading that Cruz is pushing for a two term limit as he runs for a third…holy fuck.🤣

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Good god…that’s your comment after reading that Cruz is pushing for a two term limit as he runs for a third…holy fuck.🤣

Running for 3 is one thing.  How many has McConnell, Pelosi, Schumer etc been in?  Besides, at least Cruz is introducing the bill.  2 and done should be the rule imo.  Maybe 3 for House of Reps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Running for 3 is one thing.  How many has McConnell, Pelosi, Schumer etc been in?  Besides, at least Cruz is introducing the bill.  2 and done should be the rule imo.  Maybe 3 for House of Reps.

There should be no such thing as a career politician at any level of government. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

There should be no such thing as a career politician at any level of government. 

Absolutely.  And I don’t buy the argument that elections are the term limits.  Not with all the advantages of being an incumbent.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Did you even read it?  He wants a 2 term limit and it starts when the bill is introduced.  Any no mind that thinks that one side should start following some type of standard before it is introduced is an idiot.  But hey lets all laugh about him running for his 3rd, while the rest run for their 10th or more and magically don't want term limits.  Maybe you should look closely at the people who vote with cruz when it comes to this rather than trying to get a laugh at it. 

22 minutes ago, racer254 said:

It's never a democrat pushing for term limits. 

if you're looking for an argument from me on the topic you won't get one 

this said, no one is hitching onto Ted's wagon... from either side

McCain Feingold... that also went well 

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

if you're looking for an argument from me on the topic you won't get one 

this said, no one is hitching onto Ted's wagon... from either side

McCain Feingold... that also went well 

I think most are all for term limits.  But here you have a guy trying to introduce term limits and rather than praise that idea, you have the media making a mockery out of it.  And you have some in the public laughing instead of saying "fuck ya" lets push for that

16 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I'd propose they're allowed no more than two terms in the House, two in the Senate and two in the WH.  Constantly running for reelection also offers up too much temptation 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

I think most are all for term limits.  But here you have a guy trying to introduce term limits and rather than praise that idea, you have the media making a mockery out of it.  And you have some in the public laughing instead of saying "fuck ya" lets push for that

most voters probably are... most politicians and those who grease their wheels, not so much. 

I applaud Cancun Cruz putting it out there, and disagree it shouldn't effect current sitting members... but it's going to go nowhere. 

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'd propose they're allowed no more than two terms in the House, two in the Senate and two in the WH.  Constantly running for reelection also offers up too much temptation 

Never happen. Long term politicians get elected for extended years do so because THEIR constituents re elect them not because someone in another states hates them and wants to limit their terms.

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Never happen. Long term politicians get elected for extended years do so because THEIR constituents re elect them not because someone in another states hates them and wants to limit their terms.

then we also get legacy families who stay in office for nine fuckin generations...

23 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Term limits are decided in the voting booth end of story. The California senator isn’t elected by any of you bubbas from out of state.

bullshit

And this bubba thinks she’s an incompetent piece of shit, oh well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Hey I agree but if Cruz is serious then he should set the tone and not run for a third. 

The only way we will get term limits (and I think we should have them) is if anyone currently in office is grandfathered in (can I use that term anymore? Should I say 'grandparented' in?). 

Any other way means the current politicians will be putting themselves out of a job, it isn't going to happen. It would take a generation to get everyone cleared out, but it's the only way to get it done. 

As for Cruz, if he doesn't run again, he can't put in a bill to start term limits, if that's what he wants to do, lets keep him for a while longer. 

We have limits for President, if limits are bad for the Congress and Senate, why are they good for the President?        (answer: they aren't)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

then we also get legacy families who stay in office for nine fuckin generations...

If they do what their constituents want and they keep electing them then they are doing their job. 
Elections are term limits.

6 hours ago, racer254 said:

Gonna be 90 in June.  Has she ever done anything in the private sector. 

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., faces calls to resign from fellow Democrats in Congress after a lengthy absence from the Senate due to health issues.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/sen-dianne-feinstein-faces-first-call-resign-member-congress-rcna79445

Chuck Grassley turns 90 in September.  You gonna start a thread about him?  

• Thanks 1