this nation has a long term issue with crazy white people and guns ...

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Only white people love their guns?  I find it amusing that you can only see the issue with white men when it comes to guns or mass shootings.     

Want to talk race.  If one subset of our population decided to stop working altogether...which one would cause the country to collapse first?

White men?  White women?  Black men?   Black women?   Hispanic/Latino men?   Hispanic/Latino women?   Asian men?   Asian women?  

I'm just pointing out the obvious, most mass shootings in the US are committed by white people.  White people own the majority of 'legal' firearms.  White people are the bulk of the NRA constituency and White people write the vast majority of the laws.  So, it's not a white guy issue?

12 minutes ago, hayward said:

I seriously don’t know what to think anymore. It’s all ages, all walks of life.  Just unexplainable mental malfunction.  

Agreed, and some of them shoot up school children rather than just manning up and just killing themselves... frankly I could care less if someone wants to off themselves.

11 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Almost as idiotic as saying it's a "crazy white people" issue.

it is... predominantly 

9 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The guy is a fucking loser, never makes a statement, just criticizes.

post some more Twitter links

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

My response is the same the last time you posted that. :lmao:

it's ok to admit I'm correct :)

21 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Only white people love their guns?  I find it amusing that you can only see the issue with white men when it comes to guns or mass shootings.     

Want to talk race.  If one subset of our population decided to stop working altogether...which one would cause the country to collapse first?

White men?  White women?  Black men?   Black women?   Hispanic/Latino men?   Hispanic/Latino women?   Asian men?   Asian women?  

Don't tell me you are going to bypass the statistical side of the population distribution and jump straight to a question on race only.  That is almost AC like.

17 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The guy is a fucking loser, never makes a statement, just criticizes.

You almost never make a statement, you post links.  When you do make a statement it is always fucking absurd.  Just like your statement I never make any.  The last post I made in this thread had one that you read right before posting that.  God you are a dumb sheep.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Starting a topic "crazy white people" should really provoke a civilized conversation.

Stop being part of the problem.

are you taking it as a personal attack?  

9_9

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

Don't tell me you are going to bypass the statistical side of the population distribution and jump straight to a question on race only.  That is almost AC like.

You almost never make a statement, you post links.  When you do make a statement it is always fucking absurd.  Just like your statement I never make any.  The last post I made in this thread had one that you read right before posting that.  God you are a dumb sheep.

It's part of his plan...

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm just pointing out the obvious, most mass shootings in the US are committed by white people.  White people own the majority of 'legal' firearms.  White people are the bulk of the NRA constituency and White people write the vast majority of the laws.  So, it's not a white guy issue?

Agreed, and some of them shoot up school children rather than just manning up and just killing themselves... frankly I could care less if someone wants to off themselves.

it is... predominantly 

Again...depends on the definition of mass or active shooters.   If you take into account how its defined now in many circles the majority is not white people and especially not more than the population %.  See the change or metamorphosis in the definition was a double edged sword.   They could pump up the number of mass shootings but now had to explain why white men were doing a smaller percentage of them.    

8 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I was making a point of what c2c was doing ignoring the statistical side of the population when it came to active shootings.  Try to follow along a little better.  :lol:   

Edited by Highmark

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it is... predominantly 

You clearly didn’t take much in the way of statistics classes in college.

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Again...depends on the definition of mass or active shooters.   If you take into account how its defined now in many circles the majority is not white people and especially not more than the population %.  See the change or metamorphosis in the definition was a double edged sword.   They could pump up the number of mass shootings but now had to explain why white men were doing a smaller percentage of them.    

I was making a point of what c2c was doing ignoring the statistical side of the population when it came to active shootings.  Try to follow along a little better.  :lol:   

which statistics were we utilizing yesterday?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/623356/gun-ownership-in-the-us-by-ethnicity/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476456/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-shooter-s-race/

https://www.zippia.com/national-rifle-association-careers-66006/demographics/

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You clearly didn’t take much in the way of statistics classes in college.

see above

If you have alternative information feel free to post it 

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Jeez, I wonder what is fueling the hate in the US.

Now try and google and see how this gets suppressed.

At least more and more are starting to see this, except for Karen and Deepfaggot.

yes, it's all Bruce Springsteen's fault :crazy:

have I suggested you go outside, dig a hole and sit in it recently? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

yes, it's all Bruce Springsteen's fault :crazy:

have I suggested you go outside, dig a hole and sit in it recently? 

You missed the point on suppression by big tech.

Then again you miss most things.

15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Again the middle link shows the most limited definition of mass shooting saying only 141 since 1982.  Of the known assailants 57% were by white people yet 62% of the country is white.  AA's make up 20% of those shootings yet are only 13-14% of the population.

Now look at mass shootings how they are defined today where there are over 600 per year.   Ever guess why they don't talk about demographics with that definition of mass shootings?  Its because so many are inner city gang/drug related that are dominated by minority communites. 

You claim to want to have a common sense discussion but you cannot get by information that you have wrong or refuse to look at it any way beyond a partisan opinion. 

https://www.insider.com/number-of-mass-shootingsin-america-this-year-2022-5 

Go ahead and start scrolling down thru these incidents and tell me what you see when it comes to location, victims and known perpetrators.

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting?year=2022

Edited by Highmark

22 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Again the middle link shows the most limited definition of mass shooting saying only 141 since 1982.  Of the known assailants 57% were by white people yet 62% of the country is white.  AA's make up 20% of those shootings yet are only 13-14% of the population.

Now look at mass shootings how they are defined today where there are over 600 per year.   Ever guess why they don't talk about demographics with that definition of mass shootings?  Its because so many are inner city gang/drug related that are dominated by minority communites. 

You claim to want to have a common sense discussion but you cannot get by information that you have wrong or refuse to look at it any way beyond a partisan opinion. 

Go ahead and start scrolling down thru these incidents and tell me what you see when it comes to location, victims and known perpetrators.

I'll read those a bit later... this was interesting as it's a longer case study.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/05/27/stopping-mass-shooters-q-a-00035762

23 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'll read those a bit later... this was interesting as it's a longer case study.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/05/27/stopping-mass-shooters-q-a-00035762

Without question attention of the incident and fixation on past mass shootings is an issue.   No different than some serial killers had an obsession with past ones.   I've stated this before but remember how many active serial killers we had in the past?  Not many now or at least known ones who communicate with the media or LE.  I think many of the mass shooters of the more traditional definition today fill that role.   The article talks about childhood trauma and what not of which most serial killers had and mass shooters do as well.   Its a deadly combination when mixed with the wrong mental health issues like a psychopath.  How many problems in the country could be lessoned dramatically by reducing abuse to children?      

I think its important to have a common agreement in society on what is a mass shooting.   This article looks at it in a more traditional way.  Today's media and politicians on the left want to use the more current definition so the numbers are much more impactful for their cause.    

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Homicide victims are typically within the killer’s own race. Blacks mainly kill blacks and whites kill other whites. Black on black homicides, or black on black violence in general, rarely makes the news. That’s because the 62% you refer to doesn’t care about it. I wonder what the black parent thinks about all the media fury over a lone nut white person who takes out six people? Meanwhile they just lost a 6 year old and there wasn’t a peep in the news. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Homicide victims are typically within the killer’s own race. Blacks mainly kill blacks and whites kill other whites. Black on black homicides, or black on black violence in general, rarely makes the news. That’s because the 62% you refer to doesn’t care about it. I wonder what the black parent thinks about all the media fury over a lone nut white person who takes out six people? Meanwhile they just lost a 6 year old and there wasn’t a peep in the news. 

And exactly which side do you think doesn't want to talk about it or if the other side does screams racism?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

And exactly which side do you think doesn't want to talk about it or if the other side does screams racism?

The lack of discussion has much to do with exposure and the media and how many clicks they get on a news story. If 6 black people die in a drive by inner city shooting vs 6 dying at the hands of lone nut white guy….the school shooting is gonna get the clicks from that 62%. The same is true with cable and network news. It all comes to media exposure and advertising money. Is there some racism? Sure. 62% of people are going to consume far more media than 20some percent. 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The lack of discussion has much to do with exposure and the media and how many clicks they get on a news story. If 6 black people die in a drive by inner city shooting vs 6 dying at the hands of lone nut white guy….the school shooting is gonna get the clicks from that 62%. The same is true with cable and network news. It all comes to media exposure and advertising money. Is there some racism? Sure. 62% of people are going to consume far more media than 20some percent. 

The 6 black people dying in a inner city drive by doesn't get any media attention just as much because the shooter was likely black than the victims were not.  Can you honestly say minority or more recently trans mass shooters get the same attention in the media if it were a white dude?  

Just look at officer involved shootings.  Follows the same pattern.