Carl Kuster and Blair Morgan OG Cats

• Gold Member

Morgan is the primary reason we got rider forward machines these days. He used to have some pretty good SnowX battles with that guy from VT who rode yammi's. Vincent something or other.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Cool :thumb: my old work mate David Stenlund was racing for Arctic cat in them days. Blair, Carl, Dave and another friend Joe Imhoff (Dynamoe Joe) shared a condo for a week at the X-games. I've heard some cool stories:thumb:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Morgan is the primary reason we got rider forward machines these days. He used to have some pretty good SnowX battles with that guy from VT who rode yammi's. Vincent something or other.

Chris Vincent

• Like 2

Back when guys still had balls. They were recognized by arctic cat because they broke so many parts on production sleds before they raced professional. Imagine if they had modern sleds 

Edited by joe_zrt
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, joe_zrt said:

Back when guys still had balls. They were recognized by arctic cat because they broke so many parts on production sleds before they raced professional. Imagine if they had modern sleds 

If you don't think that the present day riders don't have balls you're crazy. Tripling getting huge air is not for the weak at heart.

10 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

If you don't think that the present day riders don't have balls you're crazy. Tripling getting huge air is not for the weak at heart.

I don't think those guys would be scared one bit, especially on these new sleds. But yes, there are still talented riders today, no doubt.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, joe_zrt said:

From my experience a professional rider was never needed to break parts on an artic cat. 

• Haha 2

one of the neatest things on the ctak vlogs this winter was seeing Morgan at a snocross event.

the saddest thing on the vlog was seeing Morgan there.  Damn shame how his career ended.  Always felt for the guy.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, hayward said:

one of the neatest things on the ctak vlogs this winter was seeing Morgan at a snocross event.

the saddest thing on the vlog was seeing Morgan there.  Damn shame how his career ended.  Always felt for the guy.

he's a regular at the SX races... we've seen him twice at ERX

funny thing about the old videos posted... that's not even possible today without a minimum 146" track and 850 Turbo  :roflcrying:

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

No but it is a lot more ez on today's sleds than on say this 

Screenshot_20230409_140343_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

he's a regular at the SX races... we've seen him twice at ERX

funny thing about the old videos posted... that's not even possible today without a minimum 146" track and 850 Turbo  :roflcrying:

That’s great to hear!  He help out with a particular team or mingle around and help the younger kids?

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Was Carl the one they called Scrap Iron or was that another Cat racer from the era I'm thinking of?

Earl Reimer 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Earl Reimer 

Yup he's from just north of me. His dad used to race his old factory 440 cat and a 670 mod Doo at the drags here and kick ass. Unfortunately old Bill passed away a few years back racing the local stock car circuit. Earl has a brother with down's that we always ran an intermission to let him "race" someone and win at all the local drags including the ones I ran here.

He would be SUPER pumped in the return lane with the crowd cheering him on.Good times.

Earl ruled the senior motocross class around here and I watched him race here many times.

• Like 3