EPA proposes tightening to power plant emission standards

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

But while you are using it it’s way cheaper.  Cheapest electricity per kWh for a utility to provide to its customers.  Gas peaked plants are also efficient when renewables aren’t producing.  Coal not so much as it is really expensive and all the toxic substances it releases and toxic waste issues just make it not worth it.

coal is fucking archaic tech, still dosent change you can't have a full grid based on solar and wind. Makes the cheap generation a moot point in most climates. 

Even solar for a camp is a pain in the ass and requires a back up geni. Or a system that costs more than the fuel and  generator. 

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, Cwhite138 said:

coal is fucking archaic tech, still dosent change you can't have a full grid based on solar and wind. Makes the cheap generation a moot point in most climates. 

Even solar for a camp is a pain in the ass and requires a back up geni. Or a system that costs more than the fuel and  generator. 

Nope you could have a grid of solar, wind, hydro, and natural gas.  Much cleaner and cheaper grid with out the expensive running costs and legacy cost of the toxic waste and maintenance required of the waste.

29 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Republicans don’t like Obama insurance.  So it’s not surprising they like blue cross.  Also blue cross is a large plan provider for Medicare supplemental plans which is liked by blue hairs/republicans.

I like my obamy care cost, but the obamy care quality is in the shitter.

• Gold Member
Just now, hayward said:

I like my obamy care cost, but the obamy care quality is in the shitter.

Blue cross handles my FIL supplemental.  With recent issues he has had Blue cross is an outstanding insurance company from my experience,  between his Medicare and supplementals he has had some top notch care.   As a Republican I can say Blue Cross is deserving to be on the list that’s posted above.