3 old guys adventure

18 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

No idea how those guys made the last 1000 or so miles at their age and pulling all that weight and basically not having trails and riding through some very sketchy conditions. Very impressive. 

After seeing pictures of them after doing it they appear to be ready for another 5,000 miles 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

No idea how those guys made the last 1000 or so miles at their age and pulling all that weight and basically not having trails and riding through some very sketchy conditions. Very impressive. 

Not your average trail rider..

On 4/13/2023 at 12:39 PM, Not greg b said:

Probably would not have fixed it. The sled was pretty fubr and they were riding 2 up when the second one blew up 

I believe the one that blew up was the one that was on fire last week as well. I wonder what the actual total miles for the trip was I don’t think they’ve posted that yet. I don’t care what brand of sled it was I’m impressed that they made it all but the last 100 miles or so without real critical failure. Think about the shit people break in 5000 miles over 4-5 years of actual trail riding and these guys beat the piss out of these things for 5000ish miles in 35 days.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Palu49 said:

I believe the one that blew up was the one that was on fire last week as well. I wonder what the actual total miles for the trip was I don’t think they’ve posted that yet. I don’t care what brand of sled it was I’m impressed that they made it all but the last 100 miles or so without real critical failure. Think about the shit people break in 5000 miles over 4-5 years of actual trail riding and these guys beat the piss out of these things for 5000ish miles in 35 days.

I bet they are over 6000 miles. 

• Like 1

The three old guys will be in grand rapids Minnesota on April 29.  A conference room at some lodge.  Meet and greet and story telling.

13 hours ago, 122 said:

We won't know the actual mileage, they changed the gearing on the sleds

Gearing doesn't change speedometer accuracy, the sensor reads driveshaft speed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mnstang said:

The three old guys will be in grand rapids Minnesota on April 29.  A conference room at some lodge.  Meet and greet and story telling.

Gearing doesn't change speedometer accuracy, the sensor reads driveshaft speed.

I might have to go up there for that 

• 3 weeks later...

I had to drive to the "big city" to pick up my wife at the airport and missed the meet and greet - anybody on here make it?

I've ridden for literally 50 years, but feel like I need training wheels next to these guys.  I'm awed.  Well done!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

Screenshot_20230504_091630_Facebook.jpg

I saw that too.  That's good, it should go to Tom and all the gear and sleigh as it was used, pretty neat and can't think of a better guy to acquire that setup and tell the story 

• Like 2