20% tariff on softwood lumber from Canada

3 hours ago, Ebsell said:

Here in Canada they have a quota system so they don't overproduce. In the US they are wide open and produce more than they can sell. Never understood why they don't go with a quota system like us. Prices are much better when supply is not higher than demand. 

:lmao:

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Ebsell said:

Here if you milk 50 cows and you want to milk more you buy quota from another farmer. Works well and keeps farmers in buisness. Eggs here are done in a similar way and the farmers do well. Do the same thing in the US and it would benefit the farmers in the same way. No taxpayer money involved here. Here if a farmer overproduced milk them it is disposed of. Farmer don't get paid for it. 

Damn, can't say I agree with that at all.  If you're better at producing than me you have to pay me for it.  FUBAR..  

Just now, Ebsell said:

Bottom line is people are greedy. Without quotas they overproduce and in turn it drives prices down. And what does the farmer do? Produce more 

Funny how this is probably mainly acceptable in AG.   Can you imagine going into a GM auto plant and say sorry you can produce too much per worker or size of factory.   Pay Ford for that extra capacity.  

1 minute ago, Momorider said:

:lmao:

Are you fucking retarded. Supply and demand is what dictates prices. If everyone is producing more than they can sell then the price of that product falls. If you are to stupid to see that then you have never been in buisness of any kind 

1 minute ago, Ebsell said:

Are you fucking retarded. Supply and demand is what dictates prices. If everyone is producing more than they can sell then the price of that product falls. If you are to stupid to see that then you have never been in buisness of any kind 

That is not what you posted you stupidest fuck on the fucking planet :finger3:

Good for the consumer bad for the farmer.   Times its the other way around.  The free market drives technology and incentive to produce more with less.   Things like milk and eggs that are strictly food consumables are different than things like corn and soybeans that have way more uses.   If the market is overproducing it drives companies to find new markets for a cheap, renewable resource.  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Damn, can't say I agree with that at all.  If you're better at producing than me you have to pay me for it.  FUBAR..  

It works great because there is never more supply than demand. Farmers are their own worst enemy sometimes when it comes to production. Perfect example here is potatoes. They don't make enough money because the price is to low because of overproduction. What do the farmers do? Grow more to try to make more money. 

That is not what you posted you stupidest fuck on the fucking planet :finger3:

That's exactly what I said stupid. Prices are better if you aren't producing more than you can sell. Read it again sloooooowwwwlllllyyyyy stupid. 

4 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

It works great because there is never more supply than demand. Farmers are their own worst enemy sometimes when it comes to production. Perfect example here is potatoes. They don't make enough money because the price is to low because of overproduction. What do the farmers do? Grow more to try to make more money. 

I don't disagree that farmers are their own worst enemy but in the end we need to let those fail who should fail and let consumers get the lowest prices the market will find on its own.   I don't agree at all either with most farm subsidies or the govt telling them how much they can or cannot produce.    

Edited by Highmark

Change to another crop maybe. Is there something in the water on the island cuz fuck are you stupid fucks out there :guzzle:

2 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

That's exactly what I said stupid. Prices are better if you aren't producing more than you can sell. Read it again sloooooowwwwlllllyyyyy stupid. 

Actually you said.

Prices are much better when supply is not higher than demand. 

I can only assume you meant prices are better for the farmer.  You seemed to flip to prices for consumers then.    

Edited by Highmark

No they are not you ignorant fuck they are higher, more supply lowers prices, FUCK ME YOU ARE THE DUMBEST FUCK ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET WITHOUT QUESTION

Just now, Highmark said:

Actually you said.

I can only assume you meant prices are better for the farmer.  

Stupidest FUCK on the planet, there is ZERO question, just mind numbingly dumb  UNFB :flush:

Just now, Highmark said:

Actually you said.

I can only assume you meant prices are better for the farmer.  

That's exactly what I meant. After all it's the farmers we are talking about here not the consumer. Only momo is to stupid to understand that. 

Just now, Ebsell said:

That's exactly what I meant. After all it's the farmers we are talking about here not the consumer. Only momo is to stupid to understand that. 

YOU ARE A BUFFOON just embarrassing an ignoramus  :guzzle:

What else should the govt control the supply and demand of?   Oil?  Electricity? Computers? Beer? Higher Education? Lawn mowers?  

Funny, save the farmers so they don't overproduce but fuck Big oil if they do. :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

This whole thread is about what's fair for the American and Canadian farmer and the profits or lack of that they make. It is not about the consumer. momo went out in left field as always like a moron. 

Just now, Ebsell said:

This whole thread is about what's fair for the American and Canadian farmer and the profits or lack of that they make. It is not about the consumer. momo went out in left field as always like a moron. 

YOU ARE A BUFFOON just embarrassingly an ignoramus  :guzzle:

2 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Stupidest FUCK on the planet, there is ZERO question, just mind numbingly dumb  UNFB :flush:

Well, technically no.   You are dumb but not sure we can count single celled organisms posting from the bottom of the scum pond.  

Just now, Highmark said:

What else should the govt control the supply and demand of?   Oil?  Electricity? Computers? Beer?

Hey people are always yapping about farmers and how they are the backbone of the Country, I'm sick of hearing it to. But you can bet if the farmers in any country start to fail the Government of that country will step in and bail them out. At least this way it keeps the taxpayer out of it. 

I think its hilarious that Canada would make farmers throw milk and eggs AWAY if they haven't purchased enough quota.   Thanks completely fucking retarded.  

1 minute ago, Kev144 said:

Well, technically no.   You are dumb but not sure we can count single celled organisms posting from the bottom of the scum pond.  

And then the Sodomite sucked everyone off  :gfight: