20% tariff on softwood lumber from Canada

45 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

He is between transgender surgery, so?

Catlin was on Tucker's show tonight and all I saw was Bruce will long hair, he might not have a dick anymore but he is still a dude :guzzle: 

C-N-8LDV0AA1-iX.jpg:large

Edited by Momorider

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Full Lesbian.  

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Catlin was on Tucker's show tonight and all I saw was Bruce will long hair, he might not have a dick anymore but he is still a dude :guzzle: 

There is really only one creature on earth that scares me more than that thing.

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Still made you hard I'm guessing.

Edited by Biggie Smails
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Still made you hard I'm guessing.

12 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Guaranteed. 

Wow look at all the sodomies on this site :gfight: sick faggots 

26 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Sorry Momo, that was mean. 

No, mean would be telling him you'll flip him a couple of quarters for a Canadian dollar.  

New low today.  Talk about an abortion of an administration.  Sad.

But, look what he can do! :lmao:

IMG_1935.JPG

Trudeau is busy making sure everyone has equal access to pot.  Priorities, ya know.  

It will be interesting to see if he pays more attention to this since softwood and dairy tariffs are going to hit QC and Ont harder than anywhere else.  

3 hours ago, sledderj said:

Trudeau is busy making sure everyone has equal access to pot.  Priorities, ya know.  

It will be interesting to see if he pays more attention to this since softwood and dairy tariffs are going to hit QC and Ont harder than anywhere else.  

He's probably still busy mtrying to mandate 50% of dairy farmers and lumberjacks be women. After all it is 2017. Besides who needs to worry about trade, it will balance itself. 

He also has our secret weapon. A woman cabinet minister that when European trade talks weren't going well went home and was on the verge of tears when talking about it to media. I'm sure when dealing with the US she will turn the waterworks on full stream. After all it's 2017.

9 hours ago, Momorider said:

This is going to fuck forestry in Canada, we have a big advantage with government subsidied timber rights compared to the US. :guzzle: 

this fight has been going on for years. anyone that blames it on trump is wrong. there have several investigations into subsides on lumber. on the west coast from bc yes maybe. from the easy coast not so much. when they say lumber there are talking 2x4 2x6 ect from the east sp fir. in maine there are 2 big players pleasant river  and irving. the rest of the stud wood cut in maine is hauled to quebec sawed into 2x4 ect . and sold in the us

12 hours ago, Momorider said:

That will be good end the marketing limits like they did with grain market :bc: 

Here in Canada they have a quota system so they don't overproduce. In the US they are wide open and produce more than they can sell. Never understood why they don't go with a quota system like us. Prices are much better when supply is not higher than demand. 

5 hours ago, 02sled said:

He's probably still busy mtrying to mandate 50% of dairy farmers and lumberjacks be women. After all it is 2017. Besides who needs to worry about trade, it will balance itself. 

He also has our secret weapon. A woman cabinet minister that when European trade talks weren't going well went home and was on the verge of tears when talking about it to media. I'm sure when dealing with the US she will turn the waterworks on full stream. After all it's 2017.

He will be impressed when he finds out 100% of dairy cows are female. :lol:  

4 hours ago, snowstorm said:

this fight has been going on for years. anyone that blames it on trump is wrong. there have several investigations into subsides on lumber. on the west coast from bc yes maybe. from the easy coast not so much. when they say lumber there are talking 2x4 2x6 ect from the east sp fir. in maine there are 2 big players pleasant river  and irving. the rest of the stud wood cut in maine is hauled to quebec sawed into 2x4 ect . and sold in the us

From what I read, Irving is only getting hit with a 3% tariff because they own almost all the land that they harvest from.  In the rest of Canada, it's mostly crown owned land that the Government auctions off the logging rights to private companies.  

It's been through how many rounds of disputes before and whether it was WTO or NAFTA and Canada has won the decisions.  Nothing has really changed since the last go around, so repeating the procedure seems pretty pointless.  Other than political posturing, just like Obama did on KXL and DAPL.

20 minutes ago, sledderj said:

He will be impressed when he finds out 100% of dairy cows are female. :lol:  

From what I read, Irving is only getting hit with a 3% tariff because they own almost all the land that they harvest from.  In the rest of Canada, it's mostly crown owned land that the Government auctions off the logging rights to private companies.  

It's been through how many rounds of disputes before and whether it was WTO or NAFTA and Canada has won the decisions.  Nothing has really changed since the last go around, so repeating the procedure seems pretty pointless.  Other than political posturing, just like Obama did on KXL and DAPL.

Actually they own very little land that they harvest from. The land is leased from the Crown for next to nothing. That's their way of getting around the subsidy thing. At least try to anyways. Don't blame the Americans for being pissed about that one 

13 hours ago, toslow said:

only problem is that american milk is full of steroids 

Still tastes good.

13 hours ago, Woodtick said:

That's why our woman have big tits.:ashamed:

Don't forget all the hormones in our livestock.   God I love America.   Something simple to make stuff cheaper that has such an awesome side effect.  

7 hours ago, snowstorm said:

no one is blaming it on trump. although he will make it worse. almost everything the guy touches turns to shit. 

18 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Free but FAIR trade.   

Stop producing more milk than you can sell. Pretty simple. I agree the lumber deal sucks because the Government leases woodland to the Irvings for nothing.  But the milk thing is the US problem. It's like that in anything if you overproduced more than you can sell. Quota system fixes that. 

2 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

Stop producing more milk than you can sell. Pretty simple. I agree the lumber deal sucks because the Government leases woodland to the Irvings for nothing.  But the milk thing is the US problem. It's like that in anything if you overproduced more than you can sell. Quota system fixes that. 

The market works itself out.  Quota systems in the US AG system are taxpayers paying for them not to produce which is bullshit.  Milk is not like commercial fishing where the resource is limited and requires quotas.  

Edited by Highmark

If anyone has been to epcot recently the vertical and indoor farming technology is incredible. Another way i think alternative energy can be very useful. Great ideas coming out with this stuff. Totally controlled environment eliminates the need for pesticides and can dial in fertilizers and nutrients. Also uses a fraction of the water and will eliminate soil contamination. :bc: 

http://weburbanist.com/2015/01/11/worlds-largest-indoor-farm-is-100-times-more-productive/

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

I would like to see an end to ALL corporate subsidies, farming being no exception.  

I agree but list some non-Ag subsidies.   Are they really that or just really standard deductions?  

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The market works itself out.  Quota systems in the US AG system are taxpayers paying for them not to produce which is bullshit.  Milk is not like commercial fishing where the resource is limited and requires quotas.  

Here if you milk 50 cows and you want to milk more you buy quota from another farmer. Works well and keeps farmers in buisness. Eggs here are done in a similar way and the farmers do well. Do the same thing in the US and it would benefit the farmers in the same way. No taxpayer money involved here. Here if a farmer overproduced milk them it is disposed of. Farmer don't get paid for it.