Oh Shit - - Hunting

:lol: Hard pass on the bear hunting. I couldn't sit in a stand being tormented by bugs over a stinky bait pile to shoot something I don't want to eat.It's the only big game animal we have that I haven't killed.

2 hours ago, HSR said:

:lol: Hard pass on the bear hunting. I couldn't sit in a stand being tormented by bugs over a stinky bait pile to shoot something I don't want to eat.It's the only big game animal we have that I haven't killed.

yup.  i've shot three nuisance blackies. but going on an actual hunt for one? nah.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jerry 976 said:

Terrifying sized bear 😂 ......  Wait, isn't this Bear Hunting ?  Point the barrel down, center between the eyes + the baby bear goes away.

4 hours ago, HSR said:

Go on a hunt with hounds. It'll be the most fun you've ever had hunting. After hound hunting i can't sit in a stand anymore, not even for deer. Gets too boring for me

Just now, Cat45 said:

Go on a hunt with hounds. It'll be the most fun you've ever had hunting. After hound hunting i can't sit in a stand anymore, not even for deer. Gets too boring for me

Ok now that's a style of hunting I've never experienced :thumb: I heard a story from an oldtimer at deer camp years ago where he dropped a dog shooting at a big buck and still chuckle thinking about it. Funny fucker he is.

35 minutes ago, HSR said:

Ok now that's a style of hunting I've never experienced :thumb: I heard a story from an oldtimer at deer camp years ago where he dropped a dog shooting at a big buck and still chuckle thinking about it. Funny fucker he is.

It's a rush when things get a little crazy. This bayed bear was during training season so we can't shoot them. Had to grab the dogs by the collar and pull them away from the bear. Gets intense when you're 2ft from those teeth

20200924_133421.jpg

20190726_060245.jpg

• Like 1

When I had my cabin north of Winter, WI there was lots of bear hunting with dogs.  They’d drop them, drive around the other side of the river and wait for the dogs to chase the bear through the woods across a road.  One time there goes the bear, one dog, 2nd dog, but where’s the 3rd dog?  Tracked it down by radio collar and by the time they got to it the wolves had shredded the 3rd dog.  They picked it up by its tail and there was nothing but a spine and a skull left… 

Just now, Mag6240 said:

When I had my cabin north of Winter, WI there was lots of bear hunting with dogs.  They’d drop them, drive around the other side of the river and wait for the dogs to chase the bear through the woods across a road.  One time there goes the bear, one dog, 2nd dog, but where’s the 3rd dog?  Tracked it down by radio collar and by the time they got to it the wolves had shredded the 3rd dog.  They picked it up by its tail and there was nothing but a spine and a skull left… 

Yeah the wolves are a constant problem. We check the area everyday for wolf sign before we let dogs loose. Luckily i haven't had any issues in 20yrs hunting here. We have wolf packs around but if we see sign we find another area.