President Biden pushes for assault weapons ban, but GOP leaders remain opposed

• Platinum Contributing Member

President Biden is renewing his call on Congress to ban assault weapons in the wake of the school shooting in Nashville, Tenn., which killed three students and three staff members.

The Metropolitan Nashville Police Department said in a statement the shooter was "heavily armed with three guns, two of them assault-type weapons."

"People say, why do I keep saying this if it's not happening?" Biden said, referring to his frequent appeal for such a ban. "Because I want you to know who isn't doing it, who isn't helping, to put pressure on them."

People who don't recognize the fact the guns aren't ASSAULT guns are half the problem.  Why not put the focus where it belongs, and doing something about the mental health problems in the US.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

People who don't recognize the fact the guns aren't ASSAULT guns are half the problem.  Why not put the focus where it belongs, and doing something about the mental health problems in the US.

Too much work . We are Americans god dammit and we want instant gratification. If it works that would be even better , but we realy dont care either way.

• Like 2

Just now, Deephaven said:

Can start with a few of the forum members here.

Oh, I can think of several ... :news:

But seriously - the reference to guns being assault weapons is sickening, and a media driven narrative.  FFS, if they're really assault weapons there should be a class action lawsuit for false advertisement by the gun manufacturers.  Think of all the law abiding people out there who haven't assaulted anyone with their guns.  People who call them assault weapons should have their vehicles repossessed since those are every bit as much of an assault weapon as a gun.

• Like 1

I proudly drive an urban assault vehicle...but it'll never be used to intentionally hurt someone outside of their feelings when they realize their shit is slower.

Definitely sickening to see them attack an odd biased ideal that has nothing to do with the problem at hand.

• Haha 1

All firearms are assault weapons if used in that capacity. So are knives. Badger has been known to club unsuspecting people over the head with his privately owned, giant rubber dildo. So there’s that too!!! 

• Haha 9

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

I proudly drive an urban assault vehicle...but it'll never be used to intentionally hurt someone outside of their feelings when they realize their shit is slower.

Definitely sickening to see them attack an odd biased ideal that has nothing to do with the problem at hand.

Other motives

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

All firearms are assault weapons if used in that capacity. So are knives. Badger has been known to club unsuspecting people over the head with his privately owned, giant rubber dildo. So there’s that too!!! 

So cars, trucks, planes, boats ... throw them on the assault weapons ban list too, right?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

If used in that capacity, sure. Just like badger’s giant dido. 

But there are obviously many who just use them recreationaly. Just as badger uses his dilly recreationly. The disgusting fuck.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Badger** said:

Apparently none of you guys saw CKF's post today but it would be nice if you would respect his wishes.  :thumbsup:

Maybe if you didn't post fucking disgusting gay pics then the comments from members would stop. Own your shit.

5 minutes ago, HSR said:

Maybe if you didn't post fucking disgusting gay pics then the comments from members would stop. Own your shit.

Stop acting gay and like a child I would not pick on you, now stop crying and move forward. 

18 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Apparently none of you guys saw CKF's post today but it would be nice if you would respect his wishes.  :thumbsup:

ckf has asked you twice to stop posting the gay content but yet you continue :dunno: Why don't you respect his wishes?

You don't so quit crying because members "other than me" are ridiculing you. I'm just here for the laughs. 

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

ckf has asked you twice to stop posting the gay content but yet you continue :dunno: Why don't you respect his wishes?

You don't so quit crying because members "other than me" are ridiculing you. I'm just here for the laughs. 

Dildos ya dildo, stop crying and move on. 

52 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

“Assault weapon” 

Soon they will be weapons of mass destruction. The shock and awe of "assault" weapons is getting old.

They need to get educated and down to reality if they ever hope to get anywhere.

• Like 1

Is it not possible for some of you just stop with all the bullshit?   Jesus doesn't it get tiring?  Every thread turns into a childish shit show with a few of you. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Is it not possible for some of you just stop with all the bullshit?   Jesus doesn't it get tiring?  Every thread turns into a childish shit show with a few of you. 

:goodpost:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Oh, I can think of several ... :news:

But seriously - the reference to guns being assault weapons is sickening, and a media driven narrative.  FFS, if they're really assault weapons there should be a class action lawsuit for false advertisement by the gun manufacturers.  Think of all the law abiding people out there who haven't assaulted anyone with their guns.  People who call them assault weapons should have their vehicles repossessed since those are every bit as much of an assault weapon as a gun.

Assault weapon?? :dirol:

Crosman M4-177 Pellet / BB Gun Package | Dick's Sporting Goods

image.thumb.png.e16bd842704e6debbaec0a47b35e312b.png