Ready for more war???

4 hours ago, Ebsell said:

Not serving and dodging the draft ain't the same no matter what anyone says. 

If you've never served, you have no room to talk about anyone else who hasn't 

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

No, they're not.  But everyone has a choice.  Some just had it made for them and refused.  Fine.  But I don't see much higher moral high ground from the ones that chose not to serve vs. the ones that refused to serve.  Certainly not high enough to throw stones from it.

Just sayin'.

Bingo 

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

In order to make Trump look good, Momo has to compare him to a guy that is everything Republicans don't like. 

Poor :chomp:

Anyone is better than that POS nigger we had for the last 8 years.  You like him cause he's a pussy like you are 

2 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Anyone is better than that POS nigger we had for the last 8 years.  You like him cause he's a pussy like you are 

:lol:

7 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

War is not a place any kid should wish for, or any parent should want their kid to go to. It is a cruel surreal place without reason no matter what the fight is. You learn that the first time you hear someone crying out on the verge of death from battle. A hopeless feeling no one should ever have to hear or feel themselves. Thank god their parents don't have to hear that. I was gung-ho, rip their throats out when I was 18. Wanted to go drop bodies for freedom and shit. Fucking silly. Bunch of tours to those shit holes just made me a prick. I have to literally force myself to feel normal emotions at times. Other than anger of course, that comes easy. 

So we sit here saying draft dodger this, just war that, freedom needed here, whatever. In the end it is another generation of boys with good intentions that will come back wishing they didn't have to remember the things they saw. Not all of it is bad. Still wouldn't trade the experience for anything (that one is hard to explain if you haven't been in combat), but anyone who advocates for war without a truly just cause is a fucking traitor in my book now. There is a moral imperative for war in the right circumstance, I just can't figure out any possibility in which that exists currently. No tyrant trying to silence a continent, just weak men backed into the corner by circumstance and circumstantial evil without any sort of definitive truth as to what is happening. 

Fuck war. We will always need and should always want those who prepare for the war that is just. Men who stand to and train day and night for it. They should be taken care of. Given the right tools. The right training. The right preparation. We just cant figure out how to elect officials that will FUCKING let them train and not feel the need to exercise their "power" by letting them off the leash without good cause. 

Great post.   A well trained Army that is equipped to the teeth and NOT used is the best path to peace this screwed up world allows. 

11 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

War is not a place any kid should wish for, or any parent should want their kid to go to. It is a cruel surreal place without reason no matter what the fight is. You learn that the first time you hear someone crying out on the verge of death from battle. A hopeless feeling no one should ever have to hear or feel themselves. Thank god their parents don't have to hear that. I was gung-ho, rip their throats out when I was 18. Wanted to go drop bodies for freedom and shit. Fucking silly. Bunch of tours to those shit holes just made me a prick. I have to literally force myself to feel normal emotions at times. Other than anger of course, that comes easy. 

So we sit here saying draft dodger this, just war that, freedom needed here, whatever. In the end it is another generation of boys with good intentions that will come back wishing they didn't have to remember the things they saw. Not all of it is bad. Still wouldn't trade the experience for anything (that one is hard to explain if you haven't been in combat), but anyone who advocates for war without a truly just cause is a fucking traitor in my book now. There is a moral imperative for war in the right circumstance, I just can't figure out any possibility in which that exists currently. No tyrant trying to silence a continent, just weak men backed into the corner by circumstance and circumstantial evil without any sort of definitive truth as to what is happening. 

Fuck war. We will always need and should always want those who prepare for the war that is just. Men who stand to and train day and night for it. They should be taken care of. Given the right tools. The right training. The right preparation. We just cant figure out how to elect officials that will FUCKING let them train and not feel the need to exercise their "power" by letting them off the leash without good cause. 

Ryan i want to say thanks again for this post. Unlike the paper tiger patriots on this forum you strapped up and did the job and are calling it out for what it is. My nephew served in Afghanistan thinking he was fighting the good fight too. he came back a different person. At least you and he got to come home with all of your fingers and toes. God bless you kid. :bc: 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Great post.   A well trained Army that is equipped to the teeth and NOT used is the best path to peace this screwed up world allows. 

Politicians will always find a way to use their shiny army toys ....the only solution is to emphasize diplomacy first and military last and massively slash the size of every part of the military.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Politicians will always find a way to use their shiny army toys ....the only solution is to emphasize diplomacy first and military last and massively slash the size of every part of the military.

I have found that the people who are the first to resort to violence are the least capable of intelligent discussion or solutions. Hurting people is easy, helping people is hard. 

• Like 1

Just now, Anler said:

I have found that the people who are the first to resort to violence are the least capable of intelligent discussion or solutions. Hurting people is easy, helping people is hard. 

Sometimes hurting is helping though. :lol:

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

Yeah that has worked our real well for The United  States.

Sometimes "hurting" doesn't help.  It takes killing to get it done. :lol:

And you'll find plenty of arguments about how much it's helped or hurt.  Depends on what's there to gain.  But I am not for it...we have enough here to work with and work on.  

Like I posted, I am absolutely floored that the only partisan subject being discussed is more military action.  Both sides are heavily invested in defense stocks I guess.  Hey...as long as our government can weirdly turn out more millionaires than any private corporation.  I guess it's a "win".

43 minutes ago, Anler said:

Pretty much. :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Great post.   The argument will always be what is a just cause.  Honestly I'm to the point its nothing except us being attacked directly.    

13 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

outstanding post, you sound like the original xlt

:bc:

3 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

outstanding post, you sound like the original xlt

:bc:

It's funny you say that. Biggie hit a good point the other night when he called me out for shit talking zoso and Dave. I was enjoying the trash talking more than the discourse. Trying to get back to substance. 

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Momo can't choke on a dick fast enough.

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

That's how Momo got the brain damage, lack of air. :lol:

Its funny how once again like always I am correct and you imbeciles are 100% :wrong:

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

That ain't gonna happen

I agree.   If you attack them you have to hit every artillery site within range of Seoul simultaneously because he would reign down artillery on the south.  To start shit means a major conflict.  Its not like Syria who is already embattled and weakened and you can just lob some Tomahawks in without immediate counter attacks. 

Edited by Highmark