Ready for more war???

13 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Jesus.  Just shit the fuck up Ballsack.

:lol:

Weird, cuz a lot I served with don't share that attitude.  Some are nuts.  You run into many during your mini-navy cadet scout reunions?

:lol:

I do applaud XLT for his communicating about his experience outside of the veteran circle.  I do not, and don't know any that do.

That is one of the largest problems facing our community. Those who have done, don't talk. I was blessed with not being fucked up over it all. Sure I have a quicker fuse, but no real PTSD issues. The rest of the country deserves to know the personal side to these issues like combat. They have to know if we expect them to understand and support in the future. We can sit here and say if you didn't fuck start someone's face with a carl gustaf then fuck you stay in your lane, but that seems silly to me. It just perpetuates the idea that all combat vets are brainwashed.  

11 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

You are a strange little fella.  It's no wonder you're single 

We don't get to choose where we get sent to or what's going on in the world when we serve. 

When Iraq invaded Kuwait, and the US sent troops over there, i went to the recruiting office and tried to join The Marines.  They wouldn't let me join, because I had one more year of HS left. By the time I graduated, everything was pretty much done. I waited almost a year after HS before I shipped out to boot camp.  Next Friday will be 25 years ago that I went in 

You don't have the authority or the sack 

Most vets that I've talked to , that have actually seen combat, real combat, won't talk to you about it , unless you've been in. 

That's BS. They just won't talk if they think the people they are talking to are going to judge them or have an agenda. I hate the fact that everything you see on tv perpetuates this idea of the mentally wounded vet who is a rough day away from murder because it is how they were trained. You fight that my explaining the truth. 

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

That is one of the largest problems facing our community. Those who have done, don't talk. I was blessed with not being fucked up over it all. Sure I have a quicker fuse, but no real PTSD issues. The rest of the country deserves to know the personal side to these issues like combat. They have to know if we expect them to understand and support in the future. We can sit here and say if you didn't fuck start someone's face with a carl gustaf then fuck you stay in your lane, but that seems silly to me. It just perpetuates the idea that all combat vets are brainwashed.  

That's BS. They just won't talk if they think the people they are talking to are going to judge them or have an agenda. I hate the fact that everything you see on tv perpetuates this idea of the mentally wounded vet who is a rough day away from murder because it is how they were trained. You fight that my explaining the truth. 

my dream is the day that ptsd is finally recognized for what it is. a primary, physical, medical condition that's not psychologically based. 

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

my dream is the day that ptsd is finally recognized for what it is. a primary, physical, medical condition that's not psychologically based. 

This is already known , severe physical and emotional trauma can actually alter you genetically. 

42 minutes ago, f7ben said:

This is already known , severe physical and emotional trauma can actually alter you genetically. 

the science is sound. unfortunely the message isn't resonating. ptsd is a medical condition firmly rooted in a dysfunction of the endocrine system. for the most part, it's not a mental condition or a sign of weakness of character or mental illness. 

and yes, field trials are now showing that trauma and its effects on the endocrine system can be passed on to the next generation 

Edited by spin_dry

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

the science is sound. unfortunely the message isn't resonating. ptsd is a medical condition firmly rooted in a dysfunction of the endocrine system. for the most part, it's not a mental condition or a sign of weakness of character or mental illness. 

Yah , but half the population still worships dead prophets and thinks you can catch Homosexuality like a common cold.