SOTY

21 minutes ago, krom said:

yup, and FWIW AC was asking dealers about adding it to sleds back when they released the T660 Turbo touring that was the first sled with heated seats, and built in communication system.

😂 

Stop grasping.

You look desperate.

Cats priority hasn't been a gauge. Its been this chassis. Now they can start looking into a modern gauge although the Garmin add-on ain't bad.

They've made the gauge pod frame much bigger and obviously they plan to put something nicer in there as a factory option.

DE2B73CD-5211-4B19-B54F-13E99673B35D.thumb.jpeg.2f154b5116f2a153bfae19b46307c5fd.jpeg

54 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Cats priority hasn't been a gauge. Its been this chassis. Now they can start looking into a modern gauge although the Garmin add-on ain't bad.

They've made the gauge pod frame much bigger and obviously they plan to put something nicer in there as a factory option.

DE2B73CD-5211-4B19-B54F-13E99673B35D.thumb.jpeg.2f154b5116f2a153bfae19b46307c5fd.jpeg

gauge was in development when txt bought ac, and would have/should have been done 4 or 5 years ago

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, krom said:

gauge was in development when txt bought ac, and would have/should have been done 4 or 5 years ago

Yeah I won't deny that.
The dual gauge is nice for base sled but, if I am being honest, they should have been offering a nicer option.
I thought it was going to happen when they updated the panels and front suspension (2020 I think from the spindle update) but they never did.

1 hour ago, stinkipinki said:

"Not bad" lol.  Super expensive for a normal Garmin.  I have the same mounted to my sled and with the mount, gps and maps I have a whopping $60 in it.  Works just as well as the AC integration and is near free in comparison.  Been running some variation of this since 2008.  So, AC is catching up after 14 years.  Nice work Textron!!!

So basically, If IF'S and BUT's were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas??

17 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

"Not bad" lol.  Super expensive for a normal Garmin.  I have the same mounted to my sled and with the mount, gps and maps I have a whopping $60 in it.  Works just as well as the AC integration and is near free in comparison.  Been running some variation of this since 2008.  So, AC is catching up after 14 years.  Nice work Textron!!!

this news just in... they've abandoned the gauge again and are now focusing on new flat light windshields for 2025. 

good thing Cat pioneered this technology twenty years ago, which should save them millions in r&d 

IMG_20230110_173142702.jpg

It works great and you can use it on multiple vehicles. Had a regular Garmin, but the Tread is 10 times more user friendly. Best on the market. $600.00 with a mount for my sled and wheeler. $1,500 for a 7s poo. Garmin proven. 7s? Lots of nightmares on youtube.

42 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

this news just in... they've abandoned the gauge again and are now focusing on new flat light windshields for 2025. 

good thing Cat pioneered this technology twenty years ago, which should save them millions in r&d 

IMG_20230110_173142702.jpg

Comes as part of the dumstad options pack.  Upgraded flat light windscreen, 25MPH throttle limiter and first aid kit.  A bargain at $795.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Comes as part of the dumstad options pack.  Upgraded flat light windscreen, 25MPH throttle limiter and first aid kit.  A bargain at $795.

does it come preprogrammed with ice heaves and drifts in the Garmin?

• Haha 3

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, jdsky said:

Auto deploying bubble suit in case of unexpected air-born incidents.

image.png.37bce4fb56f4b18e7b78ab0272f19128.png 

• Haha 3

On 3/29/2023 at 9:21 AM, ZR6000RR said:

It works great and you can use it on multiple vehicles. Had a regular Garmin, but the Tread is 10 times more user friendly. Best on the market. $600.00 with a mount for my sled and wheeler. $1,500 for a 7s poo. Garmin proven. 7s? Lots of nightmares on youtube.

The 7S only works line of sight within 300’ to other 7S gauges to keep track of others. It’s a $1,500 gimmick.

50 minutes ago, AK440 said:

The 7S only works line of sight within 300’ to other 7S gauges to keep track of others. It’s a $1,500 gimmick.

Mirrors,$75.00. Just worry who is behind you like trail riding has always been about. 

56 minutes ago, AK440 said:

When, not if it locks up, the distance is zero.

On 3/29/2023 at 1:21 PM, ZR6000RR said:

I paid $ 850 for mine, must have a good dealer. No nightmares with mine. Had one lock up in 2 years. I'm good with that. The key is to wait for others to install the upgrades and let them go through the teething process (I'm a former software developer). Once fixes applied then install. It's like not buying a first year model, let someone else be the pig

1 hour ago, Tripleflipper said:

I paid $ 850 for mine, must have a good dealer. No nightmares with mine. Had one lock up in 2 years. I'm good with that. The key is to wait for others to install the upgrades and let them go through the teething process (I'm a former software developer). Once fixes applied then install. It's like not buying a first year model, let someone else be the pig

Price for 2024. Having to wait for others to figure it out tells me it is not worth the extra cost. If I buy 5 more sleds in my lifetime, my Garmin will  go with me for each of them. That is cost effective.

11 hours ago, AK440 said:

B as in BULL, S as in SHIT.  Stick to snow bikes...

12 hours ago, AK440 said:

Dude - you clearly have zero experience with a sled equipped with the 7S, let alone riding in a group of sleds with the 7S.  

See below?  Those are guys with real world experience, and know you're talking out of your ass.  We used the feature on our UP saddlebag trip, and it was cool to see where everyone was at (and a lot further distance than 300 feet).  It was particularly funny watching one of the guys on his Boost, closing in on the group as fast as he was, after he stopped to take a piss and catch back up to the group.

11 hours ago, Doug said:

Wrong

6 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

B as in BULL, S as in SHIT.  Stick to snow bikes...

• Haha 1

On 3/29/2023 at 10:15 AM, stinkipinki said:

guage.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1