SOTY

Catalyst will win all three SOTY awards and sweep every podium in every type of race there is in 24.  Poo and Doo have no chance.  Once that 600, with an 800 crank, hits production state even the turbo 850's will get shown what's what. 

So fast and powerful textron will scrap any idea of ever needing to launch a big bore option.  So fast dumstad will crack his brainless melon once again riding across a wide open lake with nothing else around him.  This time at hyper speeds exceeding 30mph.

• Haha 3

Just now, Not greg b said:

They give whatever is new soty and say it is the best ever as long as they pay their advertising bill. 

I watched the entire video last night and honestly, it looked like Polaris was going to win it.
That recall for like every sled for the past 8 years was the finishing stake for Polaris.
Although its only affected a small percentage of those machines, its still an embarrassing afterthought.

Next year things will start to get spicy, although it may be 2025 before Cat is ready across the board. 
Will Ski-Doo and Polaris keep refining their chassis? Or is another newer one in the works?
Will the Catalyst 860 be out soon enough for the comparative review? Or will only the Catalyst 600 will reviewable?
If so, will they just compare it against other 600 class machines or everything?

At first I thought they would include atleast one Cat in this review, but after thinking about it I can see why not... they were damned if they do, damned if they don't.
Had they included a ProCross, it would have just bothered people who wanted to see Catalyst.
Had they included a Catalyst 600, did they truly ride it enough for a fair review?

So next year we are truly back to the big 3, with Cat still coming around the final turn on the Catalyst.
Hate or love them, the competition, truly, benefits us all.

With doo changing the sled for this season, I don’t see major changes out of them for about 4 years. Maybe something out of Polaris when cat finally gets the catalyst across the board. Aren’t we going on year 4 of the vr1 or 3? 

I think chassis evolution has reached it's end.  There will be tweaks here and there but there are only so many ways to arrange the triangles.  It would be tough and cost a shitload of money to clean sheet an entirely new design and take a flyer on it hoping it is the next great thing for the sport. 

Sadly, electric sleds may be the last area where major changes can be made to chassis geometry.  Getting rid of clutches, belts, chains and all of that shit for a simple direct drive system could allow for more radical chassis designs.  I think the charging infrastructure is an almost insurmountable issue for sledding manufacturers to overcome.  If dipshitocrats continue to be in control I guess anything can be overcome by applying massive amounts of taxpayer dollars to it.  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, jdsky said:

I think chassis evolution has reached it's end.  There will be tweaks here and there but there are only so many ways to arrange the triangles.  It would be tough and cost a shitload of money to clean sheet an entirely new design and take a flyer on it hoping it is the next great thing for the sport. 

Sadly, electric sleds may be the last area where major changes can be made to chassis geometry.  Getting rid of clutches, belts, chains and all of that shit for a simple direct drive system could allow for more radical chassis designs.  I think the charging infrastructure is an almost insurmountable issue for sledding manufacturers to overcome.  If dipshitocrats continue to be in control I guess anything can be overcome by applying massive amounts of taxpayer dollars to it.  

I agree and we’ve already seen it with the “Gen 5” and “matryx.” Now cat finally has their last chassis and all 3 will go from here with refinement “chassis’s” unless something major changes with technology and what they can do. Suspension geometry and plastics are what we have to look forward to from here on out imo.

• Like 2

Polaris will follow suit with smart shocks and a larger 7s display.  Whether the 9R makes it into flatland sleds for 2025 is yet to be seen, but the fact it's an anniversary year - Polaris will have to do something more than what they did for this snowcheck season.  I also agree, chassis evolution is pretty much at a point of, "What can possibly be improved?"  No matter what Polaris or SkiDoo does for 2025, it's pretty much a guarantee that Cat wins SOTY ... simply for the fact they'll have something new and it's their turn.

• Like 1

fit and finish

fun factor

Luke actually made me laugh a couple times

oh, and that green tunneled Assault... holy fucking hideous!   even Cat couldn't do something so douchy with that much green.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

Polaris will follow suit with smart shocks and a larger 7s display.  Whether the 9R makes it into flatland sleds for 2025 is yet to be seen, but the fact it's an anniversary year - Polaris will have to do something more than what they did for this snowcheck season.  I also agree, chassis evolution is pretty much at a point of, "What can possibly be improved?"  No matter what Polaris or SkiDoo does for 2025, it's pretty much a guarantee that Cat wins SOTY ... simply for the fact they'll have something new and it's their turn.

we arent anywhere close to the end of chassis/suspension evolution.

Edited by Not greg b
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I can't wait to see what's next ... well, maybe not the price tag - but the technology will definitely be interesting!

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

I can't wait to see what's next ... well, maybe not the price tag - but the technology will definitely be interesting!

I posted some of the rear skid patents AC filed around 20, hopefully textron hasn't shelved them, with the snow bike, integrated gps dash, and all the other cool shit that was in the works when they took over

Here they are again:
https://patents.google.com/patent/US11505281B2/en

US11505281-20221122-D00007.png

image.png.843e02df81f8fc6c10296a5c16303a11.png

image.png.a89312f8d773da856d8af5c2ba3a1342.png

image.png.1a4973ae28475e2ce54b1f3903a581c3.png

image.png.93073b1be7f5d8054cd4556f43b4f7ee.png

image.png.0a5c956e3e161cce629cdd8a0261295d.png

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jdsky said:

Catalyst will win all three SOTY awards and sweep every podium in every type of race there is in 24.  Poo and Doo have no chance.  Once that 600, with an 800 crank, hits production state even the turbo 850's will get shown what's what. 

So fast and powerful textron will scrap any idea of ever needing to launch a big bore option.  So fast dumstad will crack his brainless melon once again riding across a wide open lake with nothing else around him.  This time at hyper speeds exceeding 30mph.

Your shtick is stale as hell.

Time you remove that 2.5 gallon jug of XPS oil from your rectum and try something else.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Not greg b said:

it'll be the weight savings game and cat just threw the first rock.  on the bright side there's all sorts of advanced lightweight materials out there which are super duper affordable.  good thing Textron is in the aerospace industry.

:sarcasm1:

:)

11 hours ago, krom said:

I posted some of the rear skid patents AC filed around 20, hopefully textron hasn't shelved them, with the snow bike, integrated gps dash, and all the other cool shit that was in the works when they took over

Here they are again:
https://patents.google.com/patent/US11505281B2/en

US11505281-20221122-D00007.png

image.png.843e02df81f8fc6c10296a5c16303a11.png

image.png.a89312f8d773da856d8af5c2ba3a1342.png

image.png.1a4973ae28475e2ce54b1f3903a581c3.png

image.png.93073b1be7f5d8054cd4556f43b4f7ee.png

image.png.0a5c956e3e161cce629cdd8a0261295d.png

Integrated gps? Polaris has had that for years 😂

26 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Integrated gps? Polaris has had that for years 😂

yup, and FWIW AC was asking dealers about adding it to sleds back when they released the T660 Turbo touring that was the first sled with heated seats, and built in communication system.

Edited by krom