Holy Shit - - Check your Lug Nuts

• Platinum Contributing Member

Had that happen to a co-worker....wheel fell off of his truck and hit an on-coming vehicle. Car hit was totaled but no one hurt.  

That was one hell of a ride for that guy in the video prolly didn't even know what happened.

diesel douche BroDozer with offset wheels... no surprise.

this is another example of why there needs to be annual state vehicle inspections and the cops need to set down the donuts and start pulling people over for clear and obvious violations. 

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

this is another example of why there needs to be annual state vehicle inspections and the cops need to set down the donuts and start pulling people over for clear and obvious violations. 

Fuck State inspections .
Have you seen who works at the dmv ? :lol:

Thank god CT dropped that bullshit years ago.  

Blame the idiot that put the wheels on without proper torque spec. No state inspection would of helped that . 

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Or spacers 

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

Fuck State inspections .

no, I'm talking DOT safety inspection.  

I've seen some unsafe shit out on the roads over the years and honestly it's gotten worse over the past decade. there's people out there that don't know how to open the hood of their car to add washer fluid... I kid you not.  bald tires down to the belts, metal on metal brakes, frames so rotted the thing could fold in half any moment... you name it and I've probably seen it.

imagine if your wife and kids had been in the Kia 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

no, I'm talking DOT safety inspection.  

I've seen some unsafe shit out on the roads over the years and honestly it's gotten worse over the past decade. there's people out there that don't know how to open the hood of their car to add washer fluid... I kid you not.  bald tires down to the belts, metal on metal brakes, frames so rotted the thing could fold in half any moment... you name it and I've probably seen it.

imagine if your wife and kids had been in the Kia 

If they check the proper shit I guess its good. Just remember it being a nightmare. 

They failed to register a motorcycle one year for me over a chain guard. Fucking Bike came from the factory like that . 

• Haha 1

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

or the wrong lug nuts, or improperly torqued... the list goes on. 

I bet the owner works on his own stuff... :crazy:

I ALWAYS do my own lug nuts - but I have a torque wrench and I use it.  :bc:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

If they check the proper shit I guess its good. Just remember it being a nightmare. 

They failed to register a motorcycle one year for me over a chain guard. Fucking Bike came from the factory like that . 

Vehicle safety... for the occupants and everyone else out sharing the road 

Other than DOT for commercial operators there are no inspections in this part of Wisconsin

when I was younger, State boys pulled trucks like in the video over all the time, usually issued a fix it ticket with 30 days to make it right and prove it.  Now, hardly ever. 

Buddy of mine was driving out west and stopped outside Edmonton to have a piss on the side of the road. Woke up an hour later in the ditch with half his face peeled off.Climbed back in his car drove to Edmonton and asked for direction to a hospital at the first lights from other drivers. Tough m'fer. He's positive he got hit by a wheel but can't be sure. 

Every now at then, someone will loose a wheel off a race car.  Sometimes they roll to a uneventful end,  

One I remember end up under someone's super stock going down the straightaway.  Stood the car pretty much straight up at probably 80-90mph.

Another one I remember making it over the fence and smoking the shitters.

Guy died out here in AZ a few years ago when a loose wheel hopped the divider and went through his windshield.  It's scary how much energy is in something that heavy rotating at highway RPM.

In the case of this video, it wasn't lug nuts.  You can see the brake disc still in place at the end when it comes back and hits him again.  This was a hub failure.  It looked like it may have taken out the truck's brakes.  To his credit, he did a decent job getting his rig off the road.

• Like 2

For years the movie studios spent big bucks on explosives and fancy mechanisms to throw and flip cars for the stunts.  All they really needed was an old tire and rim to throw in front.

It certainly was an oddball.  Looks like it wasn't lug nuts.  Rotor is still in the rim.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Fuck State inspections .

Blame the idiot that put the wheels on without proper torque spec. No state inspection would of helped that . 

We used to have the most strict state inspections. I once failed for having a small wire protruding from my driver side IROC seat. The inspector got in and it must have poked him in the ass :lol:.... They would fail us from anything from lights not aimed properly, to very small rust patches. And they would always do a tailpipe emissions test.

Now it's become a joke it's every two years and as long as your check engine light isn't on they will pass you no matter what broken windshield, bald tires doesn't matter