Keith Curtis Dominates Again

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Highmark said:

ProCross was a nice chassis for some forms of racing but living in the past isn't going to make their current sleds better.  Its actually too bad Cat doesn't embrace the RMSHA circuit a bit more than with the Tapio's.  

Most people don't know that Kirk Hibbert came from out west and was an excellent Hill Climber.

Any claim Cat could dominate anything anymore is foolish claim at best.   Poo and Doo have excellent engineering teams are far greater willingness to invest in the industry than Textron.    

54DFE4AD-2B36-455E-BC24-7CF20484A41C.jpeg.392fcd8b79b809ede3641218e5d865f6.jpeg

• Like 2

Just now, Highmark said:

And in 51 years you never learned to ride to conditions?   No wonder so many idiots kill themselves on sleds. 

I have ridden in those conditions many times. In the wooden covered trails, it is not a big deal. On the lake it was that day. Why the fuck do you care? Shit happens. You could be diagnosed with a terminal disease, and it would not affect me like this seemed to you?  Calling me a Liberal almost makes me hope it happens?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

no, in real life.

why you at home?  did you hurt your good etch a sketch wrist?  

probably took an entire truck full of his relatives and a geo location system to figure out how to place the cones.

one, when I was ten on an icy corner with my baby brother on the back.  we were going more than 34mph.  hit the snow covered ice patch, up and into a maple tree, peeled the bitch off, stopped my brother from crying 'dads going to kill us' into convincing him dad was going to kill me.  picked up pieces of the bubble shield he broke on my back... and,  I went to school the next day like a big boy.

nothing since though, 43 years later.

please go ahead and feel free to tell us just how clumsy you are as well... maybe you and the gravel liberator can compare notes. :news:

100mph Ice heave totaled the sled 1989 ZRT, good times back then

Edited by Badger**

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I have ridden in those conditions many times. In the wooden covered trails, it is not a big deal. On the lake it was that day. Why the fuck do you care? Shit happens. You could be diagnosed with a terminal disease, and it would not affect me like this seemed to you?  Calling me a Liberal almost makes me hope it happens?

Are you on drugs?  You're all over the place.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Haha 1

"Hey guys, we got alot of snow last night, going to go for a ride later today", where should we go?"

"Lets forget trail riding, boondocking, lake running and bar hopping, the best thing we can do it just fly straight up that Mountain!"

SAID NO ONE EVER.

Just now, stinkipinki said:

"Hey guys, we got alot of snow last night, going to go for a ride later today", where should we go?"

"Lets forget trail riding, boondocking, lake running and bar hopping, the best thing we can do it just fly straight up that Mountain!"

SAID NO ONE EVER.

You're trying way too hard ... we all know if Cat won King of Kings you'd be jizzing yourself. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

SAID NO ONE EVER.

My son and 2 buddies went out west 30+ hour drive to do just that, ride the mountains. My boy and the 1 buddy rode 12 days straight, the other guy was there for a month and rode 27 consecutive days in the mountains so yes guys do say that. Trail riding doesn't appeal to the younger guys at least around here,, it's all backcountry tail stands dude.

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

You're trying way too hard ... we all know if Cat won King of Kings you'd be jizzing yourself. 

Hey the best troll comments are based on reality.
If Cat won this Hillclimb you pundits would downplay it like everything else.
It's a hillclimb, who cares. Good for the rider, its 90% him anyways. If they setup a Catalyst the same way the outcome would still be the same. Polaris has had a great, nimble, tippy chassis that hasn't seen much competition...until now.

1 minute ago, HSR said:

My son and 2 buddies went out west 30+ hour drive to do just that, ride the mountains. My boy and the 1 buddy rode 12 days straight, the other guy was there for a month and rode 27 consecutive days in the mountains so yes guys do say that. Trail riding doesn't appeal to the younger guys at least around here,, it's all backcountry tail stands dude.

Nothing said here has anything to do with flying straight up a Mountain.
You sound like a butthurt baby trying to counter that point about no one ever actually doing anything close to this in real life. I mountain ride all the time, trying to compare that to a Jackson Hole climb is a pathetic whimper of a reach to argue my last point about it NEVER ACTUALLY HAPPENING IN REAL WORLD DRIVING CONDITIONS. EVER. 

It's a hillclimb, who cares. Good for the rider, its 90% him anyways. If they setup a Catalyst the same way the outcome would still be the same. Polaris has had a great, nimble, tippy chassis that hasn't seen much competition...until now.

There you go again with your "IF" comments ... head on over to your local Walgreen's and find the aisle with the butthurt cream.  Heck, it may even come in a green squeeze bottle to help soothe your pain even more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

There you go again with your "IF" comments ... head on over to your local Walgreen's and find the aisle with the butthurt cream.  Heck, it may even come in a green squeeze bottle to help soothe your pain even more.

Stinki needs the 1 gallon suppository as he has a lot of butt hurt to get over.

12 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Has the vastly superior Alpha 1 ever raced in this event? In any class? According to some it should kick ass with its advanced handling and 850 class power.

• Gold Member
16 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

No. I took a bad dismount on Friday going across North Twin. Sled made it just fine. Fucked up my right wrist (bad sprain) and my left shoulder. Coudy day. Never saw the birm. 35 mph. 

That sucks.....Geez 35 mph so basically you were at top speed right? 

:lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Badger** said:

I have not said one word to my stalker all day but he is following me around. :koo-koo:

Let me know who it is and I'll have a talk with him. The stalking around here has gotten so bad the ambulance chasing lawyers are trying to make money off the site.

Screenshot_20230324_201545_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, HSR said:

Has the vastly superior Alpha 1 ever raced in this event? 

That would be extremely dumb.
In real world conditions, the Alpha ProCross beat the 850's up an actual Mountain.

The Alpha isn't designed for hardpack and set tracks up a course, its designed for a specific area in the real world. The Catalyst Mountain Sled will easily win Mountain Sled of the year. 

That would be extremely dumb.
In real world conditions, the Alpha ProCross beat the 850's up an actual Mountain.

The Alpha isn't designed for hardpack and set tracks up a course, its designed for a specific area in the real world. The Catalyst Mountain Sled will easily win Mountain Sled of the year. 

Oh OK I didn't realize it was only good on the third Wednesday of the month in exactly 18.3" of powder that has been sun baked for at least 5 hours on a partly cloudy but clear day and a south facing hill of less than 38* incline :bc:

Does the regular 850 class power Mountain cat compete or do they require a belt change to a different compound for the top half of the race?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Dragging another thread off topic, watch him point fingers. :thumbsup::lol2:We have a disgruntle amin on our hands or he's been drinking. :burp:

Based on how incoherent that was, we HOPE you were drinking.  Step away from the emojis, you obviously don't understand how they work.