Keith Curtis Dominates Again

• Platinum Contributing Member
36 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I was there a week later and only saw it from the bottom, that was enough to give me an idea of just how steep it was.

Honestly with as incredible as the sleds are the steepness isn't the only issue...its staying within the gates on something that steep.   Hell I'd give her a rip straight up it.  :lol:  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

The catalyst ran in the 900 class and lost to the poo. no imagination needed

The catalyst had an un fair advantage with the new 600 and the competition couldn’t compete with it in the 900 class. They made them pull the 600 and put the 800 in it to run the 900 class. That slowed the sled down so much polaris stomped all over it  

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Sled came out without a scratch. broke tj

he RCA make end off of my heated shield cord though in the tumble. Still hurts but no bruising so luckily, no broken bones.

My guess is you were standing, that's what I was doing but I did not get donkey kicked off.  

16 minutes ago, HSR said:

You need to know your limits dude. 35 mph !!!!! Whoa , slow da fuck down. You're not on a Catalyst :news: 

Could not see any contours on the lake due to the cloudiness sky's.  

8 minutes ago, Badger** said:

My guess is you were standing, that's what I was doing but I did not get donkey kicked off.  

Was sitting. Like the only berm left from the races a couple weeks earlier. If I was standing, probably would have tossed me over the sled.

• Like 1

Thread goes from the massive amounts of talent and sledding skills of Keith Curtis to 2 geriatrics discussing death defying  35 mph crashes.

Moral of the story :Speed limit for retards is 34 Mph.

• Haha 7

28 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Could not see any contours on the lake due to the cloudiness sky's.  

"cloudiness sky's."  Maybe get checked for a concussion.  

Scratch that.  Just looked it up.  You need a brain in order to get a concussion.  

Edited by jdsky
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, HSR said:

Thread goes from the massive amounts of talent and sledding skills of Keith Curtis to 2 geriatrics discussing death defying  35 mph crashes.

Next up in geezers corner... hand signals.  

:justsaying:

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

The catalyst had an un fair advantage with the new 600 and the competition couldn’t compete with it in the 900 class. They made them pull the 600 and put the 800 in it to run the 900 class. That slowed the sled down so much polaris stomped all over it  

If the event was lake racing and 8 out of 11 were Turbo 4 strokes and the top 3 were all 998's, it wouldn't surprise anyone nor would it be anything to gloat about.
There is no competition.
Now that Catalyst is out, there will be some competition next year with the 860 Turbo is complete.

But nothing really to take from this event, it doesn't really mean anything at all.
This year especially doesn't mean dick in terms of competition,  with some single machine,  cobbed Catalyst setup to compete.
You can throw that right out the window, once the playing field is even the event will actually matter.
Does anyone have a list of the entire field and how many sleds of each brand competed?
I'm guessing its 75% Polaris?

Those sleds are modded to the hills and not even close to being stock, once someone on a final production big bore Catalyst has the same power and tweaks to the chassis the competition does, it will be down to the rider. 

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jdsky said:

"cloudiness sky's."  Maybe get checked for a concussion.  

Scratch that.  Just looked it up.  You need a brain in order to get a concussion.  

Coming from you, as expected. Over reacting to everything I type. Most would call you shallow. I call you spiled little girl.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Coming from you, as expected. Over reacting to everything I type. Most would call you shallow. I call you spiled little girl.

"spiled" sums it up about right.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Shut up stupid.

10 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

If the event was lake racing and 8 out of 11 were Turbo 4 strokes and the top 3 were all 998's, it wouldn't surprise anyone nor would it be anything to gloat about.
There is no competition.
Now that Catalyst is out, there will be some competition next year with the 860 Turbo is complete.

But nothing really to take from this event, it doesn't really mean anything at all.
This year especially doesn't mean dick in terms of competition,  with some single machine,  cobbed Catalyst setup to compete.
You can throw that right out the window, once the playing field is even the event will actually matter.
Does anyone have a list of the entire field and how many sleds of each brand competed?

Those sleds are modded to the hills and not even close to being stock, once someone on a final production big bore Catalyst has the same power and tweaks to the chassis the competition does, it will be down to the rider. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, HSR said:

And the "This race means nothing" because a specific manufacturer was almost non-existent - but WAIT!  IF this and IF that... just wait, it will be tremendous!

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

And the "This race means nothing" because a specific manufacturer was almost non-existent - but WAIT!  IF this and IF that... just wait, it will be tremendous!

And for lake racing the "This race means nothing" because a specific manufacturer was almost non-existent - but WAIT!  IF this and IF that... just wait, it will be tremendous!

Lol almost sounds like a liberal. When the race is good for your brand, its a big deal, but when its not, its unheard of! Lol.

Edited by stinkipinki

6 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

You know what ? If instead of a big fucking hill they had this race on a big fucking lake with corners and stuff and if they limited it to 600cc and if Herf was there on the new Catalyst it would be a totally different story :read:

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

And for lake racing the "This race means nothing" because a specific manufacturer was almost non-existent - but WAIT!  IF this and IF that... just wait, it will be tremendous!

Lol almost sounds like a liberal. When the race is good for your brand, its a big deal, but when its not, its unheard of! Lol.

Did I mention a brand??  I really don't give a shit what manufacturer won, the best RIDER won.  Wasn't that the thread title??

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

This quote could be used so many different ways in reference to the same manufacture :lol2:

And the "850 CC class means nothing" because a specific manufacturer was almost non-existent

And the "New chassis means nothing" because a specific manufacturer was almost non-existent

And the "Modern guage means nothing" because a specific manufacturer was almost non-existent

19 minutes ago, HSR said:

if Herf was there on the new Catalyst it would be a totally different story :read:

Well, yea duh.
These Hillclimb teams put alot of work into these machines, they are completely configured to the beans and setup intently for this one specific event, with a proper factory big bore engine. If any of those teams do the same thing to a Mountain version of a finalized big bore Catalyst, it would come down to the rider, although the Catalyst would have the edge with the more balanced chassis.

Edit

And the "300+HP for 15,000 miles class means nothing" because a specific manufacturer was almost non-existent:lol:

Edited by stinkipinki

17 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Well, yea duh.
These Hillclimb teams put alot of work into these machines, they are completely configured to the beans and setup intently for this one specific event, with a proper factory big bore engine. If any of those teams do the same thing to a Mountain version of a finalized big bore Catalyst, it would come down to the rider, although the Catalyst would have the edge with the more balanced chassis.

Edit

And the "300+HP for 15,000 miles class means nothing" because a specific manufacturer was almost non-existent:lol:

All Yamaha needs to do is come up with a good chassis.

1 hour ago, stinkipinki said:

There is no competition.

And why exactly does Polaris and Doo dominate and get chosen by the riders?  Because the Cat isn't as good.   Just saying. 

28 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

teams put alot of work into these machines, they are completely configured to the beans and setup intently for this one specific event,

So are you trying to tell me that at a snocross race they purposely set up sleds for snocross:dunno: You expect me to believe that at a XC race they set them up for XC:dunno:

I'm not sure I buy this line of BS. I always thought they pick up the sled from the dealer the morning of the race and just run it??? 

Are you pulling my leg here ??

• Haha 1