Keith Curtis Dominates Again

• Platinum Contributing Member

Keith Curtis continues his record-setting ways with an 8th King of Kings title at the 46th Annual World Championship Snowmobile Hillclimb in Jackson, Wyoming. @keithcurtis711 won:
- 900 Stock
- 900 Improved Stock
- Open Stock
- Open Mod
and finished second in 900 Mod behind Justin Thomas. 
Keith went on to win all three King classes (Stock, Improved Stock, Mod), wrapping up another triple crown. The sweep netted him his eighth King of Kings title. 

#snowest #snowmobile #snowmobilerace #jacksonhole #polaris #polarissnow #klim 

Photo by @rltphotos for @snowestmagazine

BDBD08D7-DE3A-4AC1-B369-45A642C01A18.thumb.jpeg.ed02d08b4c9a63f414ff16332f6bca5f.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HSR said:

I wonder if the 600 Catalyst won it's class? @ZR6000RR have you heard anything? @mnstang? @stinkipinki did the Alpha 1 even compete?

No. I took a bad dismount on Friday going across North Twin. Sled made it just fine. Fucked up my right wrist (bad sprain) and my left shoulder. Coudy day. Never saw the birm. 35 mph. 

• Sad 1

Congrats to Polaris for winning an event where only they compete! lol.
In an actual real world Mountain, the Alpha with an 800 beat all the 850's.

That chassis, while old as shit now, is still great for pointing up a pre-configured hill no doubt.
It's not the best trail chassis anymore, its not the best handling or best flatlander, but when it comes up blasting up a modified hill, it still does great.
If there is a 860 Catalyst twin rail Mountain sled you will see a new winner next year. But for now, congrats to them.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, stinkipinki said:

That chassis, while old as shit now, is still great for pointing up a pre-configured hill no doubt.
It's not the best trail chassis anymore, its not the best handling or best flatlander, but when it comes up blasting up a modified hill, it still does great.
If there is a 860 Catalyst twin rail Mountain sled you will see a new winner next year. But for now, congrats to them.

Shut up stupid.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

The Poo beat the Catalyst that raced.  :lol:

The new glorious Cat, err, or not.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

No. I took a bad dismount on Friday going across North Twin. Sled made it just fine. Fucked up my right wrist (bad sprain) and my left shoulder. Coudy day. Never saw the birm. 35 mph. 

oh?  :news:

22 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

every brand was there and represented you twit 

the 8000 R-M cat's get converted to twin rail setups.

I lol'd listening to the snowwest podcast the other day when they said riding the alpha is like riding a motorcycle with a flat rear tire.

1 minute ago, jdsky said:

Pretty sure if he had an alpha he could get to the top of Everest.

blindfolded... on a 120

I heard some juicy gossip about SkiDoo and this event I won't repeat.  Sounds as though they're getting their pecker slapped for it.

:lol:

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

HIll is way steeper in person than it looks in many of the pictures.  Curtis is the GOAT of that event.

Yep...one of the best motorsports events I've ever been too.   Incredible....even better up towards the top. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I lol'd listening to the snowwest podcast the other day when they said riding the alpha is like riding a motorcycle with a flat rear tire.

That’s funny as hell. :lol: 

• Haha 1

I've done that, ripped the brake lever clean off but I never got hurt. That sucks man. 

26 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yep...one of the best motorsports events I've ever been too.   Incredible....even better up towards the top. 

I was there a week later and only saw it from the bottom, that was enough to give me an idea of just how steep it was.

1 hour ago, jdsky said:

Pretty sure if he had an alpha he could get to the top of Everest.

If the Polaris did this well, just imagine how well a Catalyst mountain sled will do with the same power.
Going to be interesting as the years go on.

2 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

If the Polaris did this well, just imagine how well a Catalyst mountain sled will do with the same power.
Going to be interesting as the years go on.

The catalyst ran in the 900 class and lost to the poo. no imagination needed

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Badger** said:

I've done that, ripped the brake lever clean off but I never got hurt. That sucks man. 

Sled came out without a scratch. broke tj

he RCA make end off of my heated shield cord though in the tumble. Still hurts but no bruising so luckily, no broken bones.

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

Sled came out without a scratch. broke tj

he RCA make end off of my heated shield cord though in the tumble. Still hurts but no bruising so luckily, no broken bones.

You need to know your limits dude. 35 mph !!!!! Whoa , slow da fuck down. You're not on a Catalyst :news: 

• Haha 5