Most On Here….

2 hours ago, SnowRider said:

Of course - it’s always good for some random suburban white guy with all the answers :lol:  Have you ever listened to inner city educators?  Have you ever asked them what could be done to improve?  

image.png.69c52e85af32655dff1ac2c8ff1534de.png

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Who blamed Repugs over your link?  What’s the spastic painter think? 

I’m not spastic and you blame Republicans for everything inculding all problems in Michigan…your schtick is weak and beyond stale.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’m not spastic and you blame Republicans for everything inculding all problems in Michigan…your schtick is weak and beyond stale.

Cool.  So what do you think?  And is Detroit the end all be all for any argument you make on any subject? 

6 hours ago, SnowRider said:

Good for you.  I’m married to one.  Son of an administrator and 35 year educator.  Still wanna bet? 

I’ll bet you guys were coming completely unglued during the Scott Walker house cleaning. :lmao: He sure exposed the greed of public teacher unions or should we call them what they really are…….tax thieves. 

5 hours ago, SnowRider said:

You don’t GAF about inner city kids.  Have you toured their facilities?  Ever compare them to the suburbs?  Even if a kid wants tk option out - who’s transporting them?  

You’re a good Betsy minion - your rhetoric you regurgitate benefits the rich - not the poor. 

1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

Cool.  So what do you think?  And is Detroit the end all be all for any argument you make on any subject? 

You’re the one that brought up inner city kids and their schools and Detroit is a good example of why these schools fail.

10 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You’re the one that brought up inner city kids and their schools and Detroit is a good example of why these schools fail.

Doesn't help when the problems start at home.  Many of these kids are unteachable.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Doesn't help when the problems start at home.  Many of these kids are unteachable.

Their surroundings, their school system and their homes. The trifecta of a shitty situation 

This the mentality we are dealing with. 
It would be like giving a builder 3 million dollars to build you a home, He does shit for you, but you blame the builder you gave nothing to for ripping you off and doing nothing. Then, the real kicker,  you keep giving the scammer millions …year after year. 

13 hours ago, Kevin said:

Michigan isn’t 2nd in spending - not even close.   Our local district of 3000 students is running a $35,000,000 budget - or about 11,700 per student.

Dont feel bad . Ours spends $18k per student for elementary and middle. $25 k per for high school.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Teachers get zero respect from republicans and never have.

Is that how it works?  Funny, I have full respect for the teachers my kids have had & continue to have as they go through school.  I've even had disagreements with a few of them, but still respect what they do.

Nice blanket statement there, putz.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Dont feel bad . Ours spends $18k per student for elementary and middle. $25 k per for high school.

I think we need to look at more than money spent. Price does not equate to a good deal or good job.  I tell people, you don’t get a good deal on a shitty job.  

#1. is the money accountable.  Is it actually going to students education. 

#2  what are the results. Regardless of the money spent, 65% of third graders not being able to read is not acceptable.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I think we need to look at more than money spent. Price does not equate to a good deal or good job.  I tell people, you don’t get a good deal on a shitty job.  

#1. is the money accountable.  Is it actually going to students education. 

#2  what are the results. Regardless of the money spent, 65% of third graders not being able to read is not acceptable.  

That is what people in my district have been saying for years.  The 2 towns bordering us have higher test scores at a lower cost per student 

So either give us a cheaper price or a better product