Most On Here….

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Hey ckf please shut the moron light off on the back porch.

If he did that there’d be less than 10 left on the forum :lol: 

1 hour ago, Badger** said:

Keep it out of the schools and go to the public library if you are looking for that type of information. IMO That goes for heterosexual Content also.

None of it should be in a public library either.

Go buy it on Amazon.

10 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

None of it should be in a public library either.

Go buy it on Amazon.

Next thing they will be pulling books off the shelves we do agree with. That is not a good practice IMO. 

10 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Next thing they will be pulling books off the shelves we do agree with. That is not a good practice IMO. 

Arctic Conspiracy  :groin: Meat MAGAt 

9 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Arctic Conspiracy  :groin: Meat MAGAt 

I would think you would agree with me SR. Freedom should not be censored, only our children should be up until the age of 18 after that they have the same rights as you and me. Its called parenting. 

4 minutes ago, Badger** said:

I would think you would agree with me SR. Freedom should not be censored, only our children should be up until the age of 18 after that they have the same rights as you and me. It’s called parenting. 

Access to education materials is not indoctrination.  Schools already provide parental control if they choose to have their kids confuse to live in a vacuum.  

21 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Access to education materials is not indoctrination.  Schools already provide parental control if they choose to have their kids confuse to live in a vacuum.  

At what age do you think this is appropriate for them have access to your chosen "educational materials"?

18 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

At what age do you think this is appropriate for them have access to your chosen "educational materials"?

Access doesn’t require an age limit.  Parents can already control access as they see fit.  Another ploy to make an issue where there isn’t one.  

4 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Access doesn’t require an age limit.  Parents can already control access as they see fit.  Another ploy to make an issue where there isn’t one.  

Are you saying that parents are in control and have full knowledge what is given to their child in school to read across the country?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Are you saying that parents are in control and have full knowledge what is given to their child in school to read across the country?

Anything remotely controversial they do. FTR - I disagree with it.  Schools are run by professionals who are more than capable of educating little Johny and Sally.  Most need to be exposed to more not less.  And more often than not the parents who bitch the most are uneducated shitty parents who offer little support for their kids.  Don’t like it.  Send them to a charter or private school.  Schools shouldn’t have to cater to the squeaky wheels.  

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Anything remotely controversial they do. FTR - I disagree with it.  Schools are run by professionals who are more than capable of educating little Johny and Sally.  Most need to be exposed to more not less.  And more often than not the parents who bitch the most are uneducated shitty parents who offer little support for their kids.  Don’t like it.  Send them to a charter or private school.  Schools shouldn’t have to cater to the squeaky wheels.  

Do you have data to back up your claim that ‘most’ parents who complain are uneducated shitty parents or is that just your opinion being passed off as a fact?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

Do you have data to back up your claim that ‘most’ parents who complain are uneducated shitty parents or is that just your opinion being passed off as a fact?

You want the data.  Google it :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Gotcha, so if a "professional educator" wanted to teach your little Johnny or Sally how to field strip and maintain an AR-15 and introduce this book to the elementary or middle school library and have it available for students you would be all good? I mean you say "more education is good"

Screenshot_20230326-140513.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Gotcha, so if a "professional educator" wanted to teach your little Johnny or Sally how to field strip and maintain an AR-15 and introduce this book to the elementary or middle school library and have it available for students you would be all good? I mean you say "more education is good"

Screenshot_20230326-140513.png

Sure if it’s part of the curriculum the school is following.  

You guys act like schools just throw a dart out there to determine what is taught :lol:  the culture war propaganda most of you adhere to from Repugs is the ultimate doing what you’re told.  No clue what you’re taking about but you follow what’s being peddled and funded by wealthy interests.  

2 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Sure if it’s part of the curriculum the school is following.  

You guys act like schools just throw a dart out there to determine what is taught :lol:  the culture war propaganda most of you adhere to from Repugs is the ultimate doing what you’re told.  No clue what you’re taking about but you follow what’s being peddled and funded by wealthy interests.  

What's this "you guys" stuff?  I have a professional educator of 15 years sitting right next to me..I'd bet she knows a bit more than you about what goes on in the school..

I do give you props for not having an issue with fire arm training being taught in schools from elementary on up..I also think it would be good and save a lot of inquisitive children. One thing I really wish that was taught in schools that is not is Banking, interest rates, house purchasing, and how to go about it properly. It's sad it's not

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

What's this "you guys" stuff?  I have a professional educator of 15 years sitting right next to me..I'd bet she knows a bit more than you about what goes on in the school..

I do give you props for not having an issue with fire arm training being taught in schools from elementary on up..I also think it would be good and save a lot of inquisitive children. One thing I really wish that was taught in schools that is not is Banking, interest rates, house purchasing, and how to go about it properly. It's sad it's not

Good for you.  I’m married to one.  Son of an administrator and 35 year educator.  Still wanna bet? 

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

Good for you.  I’m married to one.  Son of an administrator and 35 year educator.  Still wanna bet? 

I don't recall asking you for a bet?

Do you push for firearm training and safety in schools to the wife and your parent? Obviously would save a lot of lives.

In many places school districts rely on the teacher to determine what’s taught.   Schools rely on the common core for the standards to be taught but give teachers carte blanche from there.  Even if the district has the money to purchase curriculum materials, they sit on the shelf because they’re too old.