Toyota gets it.

29 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

What extra power would she need just to drive 23 miles to work?

Probably none or even less. She probably would be getting 40+ if it were hybrid.

58 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

What happened to the M?

In normal driving the Escalade 8-11mpg and the S6 14mpg.  On the highway with the cruise set and never hitting the gas pedal just over 20 and just over 30 respectively....but that never happens as it is really hard to not stomp on the fun pedal.

The 2018 is the M...

_00.thumb.jpg.2a5d3f5d7fd2d16b9a903d6c1c1c7b0b.jpg

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Neighbor a mile away has a hybrid, second 1 now, he claims he gets about 30-35.

Just filled ours today 37.25 mpg. 417.3 miles 11.2 gal., basically all rural driving, when I put extra miles on it driving around by myself it gets down to 34 or so but I'm pretty heavy on the gas pedal and play around in sport mode.

3 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Neighbor a mile away has a hybrid, second 1 now, he claims he gets about 30-35.

the one of my sisters I drove back from Florida was her fourth one, it changed my opinion on hybrid vehicles, been looking at new suvs but never considered one until the 1400 mile test drive

6 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

the one of my sisters I drove back from Florida was her fourth one, it changed my opinion on hybrid vehicles, been looking at new suvs but never considered one until the 1400 mile test drive

We just took the chance on buying the one we got, was about $1200.00 more than the non hybrid and came with some other options too, I like it far better than I ever dreamed I would, we may try a plugin one next.

11 hours ago, 1jkw said:

We have a Kia Sportage hybrid gets 34 to 36 driving around locally and 39 to 40 on trips, love this car.

What is pathetic is in the late 80s I had a twin stick dodge colt I could get 48 with if I took it ez . And average kicking the shit out of it it would get 35 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

We just took the chance on buying the one we got, was about $1200.00 more than the non hybrid and came with some other options too, I like it far better than I ever dreamed I would, we may try a plugin one next.

Wife’s sister has a rav prime plug-in deal they love the thing. They fill the tank up she said probably once every two months. It’s the perfect car in my eyes especially if you have solar panels already.

29 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

What is pathetic is in the late 80s I had a twin stick dodge colt I could get 48 with if I took it ez . And average kicking the shit out of it it would get 35 

Fil. had horizon did great on gas too, but small car and not awd.

14 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Wife’s sister has a rav prime plug-in deal they love the thing. They fill the tank up she said probably once every two months. It’s the perfect car in my eyes especially if you have solar panels already.

We drive 45 to 55 miles 7 days a week so the plugin that gives 37 miles total without regen would be perfect for us and the upfront cost isn't what the longer range ones are, I hope they will offer that type.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

It feels slower than it is.  I wanted to really like it, but am not super comfortable in it and it felt lackluster which is nuts consider what they can do.

:lol:  not bragging but if anyone else.......

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

It feels slower than it is.  I wanted to really like it, but am not super comfortable in it and it felt lackluster which is nuts consider what they can do.

Too refined maybe :dunno: 

I got spanked by one last year in the Prelude :lol:

Thats not saying much but I was impressed the way it sounded and launched . First time I ever saw one actually being driven hard in person. 

9 hours ago, Deephaven said:

They do.  I tell them up front.  Nothing to hide.

And they let someone who has no intentions of buying a high powered six figured vehicle take one for a ride?.  When I bought my GTO in 05 the stipulation was that i wanted a vehicle with no miles as I didn't want a car that someone else got in and had the potential to beat on.  I'll call bullshit on that.

Edited by DriftBusta

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

And they let someone who has no intentions of buying a high powered six figured vehicle take a ride in a high powered six figured vehicle?.  I sold Jaguars and Alfas right out of college and have worked in the car biz.  I'll call bullshit on that.

Shit, we wouldn't have let him drive the 1 Dodge Omni  GLH we had the 3 months I sold cars... :lol:

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

My friend had one. Those cars were total pieces of Mitsubishi shit for rust. I had a "05 VW Golf tdi that I used to commute. It got 53-55mpg on the highway and 40 in the city. It was arguably one of the best vehicles that I ever owned. It was quiet, rode great, and had a killer Monsoon stereo system. 

• Gold Member

My buddy use to Work for Carmax. 

He called me when they were slow one day and I test drove (hammered) a couple Vette's, and a Mitsubishi Evo 10 with no intention of buying . :3gears:

I dont recommend buying from Carmax lmao