Dupont slides

Doug

My 18 went 12k before I did slides, just because I was replacing the track.  My 21 is now approaching 11k, probably by the end of the day tomorrow, stock slides.  Will get replaced when I do the track on that one as well this spring. 

2369EBBA-534C-4E30-8F11-15D26D5C1AF4.jpeg

You guys make me jealous on the miles you're racking up without hyfax wear.  Holy crap - I couldn't believe the wear on the '22 XCR that I picked up in January.  When I bought it (841 miles on it), the hyfax had some wear but nothing to be concerned about.  When I came home from my last trip (last weekend in February) I cleaned up the sled and looked .... holy shit!  The rear end area was down to the indicator line.  And all of this happened on good to great conditions for the majority of the season (2041 miles at the end of it all).  I saw some guys posting in one of the Matryx groups, the XCR is bad on hyfax because of the tipped rail design.  Weird - I didn't remember that being an issue on my 2018 Assault?  Anyway, real world problems I guess :lol2:  At least it's easy to replace, and not breaking the bank.  Whoever ends up with my sled next fall will have new hyfax.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Tipped isn't it.  3500 on the last set of assault slides and they didn't really need to be replaced.

Well, that's the common denominator between the XCR and the VR1 (136 vs. 137) and good conditions ... with the VR1's having very little slide wear.  Like I mentioned, of the 1200+ miles I put on the sled, I had one weekend where the conditions went from hardpack/ice and running warm to soft/mushy crap with warmer temps the next day.  Other than that, it was about as perfect as a guy could ask for in regard to snow cover and overall riding conditions.  So until something else is thrown out there that makes sense, tipped rails it is as that's the exact spot where the slides are worn down.

Original slides on my 22 wore pretty fast but didn’t have scratchers most of season.over 3500 on second set and they have a little life in them yet but will be getting replaced before next season.

mine actually wearing faster up at front bend than back bend but I’m sure that’s due to scratchers.

Scratchers a must with these new sleds!!

Have a set of Polaris duponts coming to try next year.

Starting to go through my 2023 VR1 with 3800 miles and the stock slides are about half gone.  They look worst than they are with the lightning notches cut in but still have about .25 from the warning mark.  I don't run scratches but should for the occasion of early morning rides when the trail is froze down.  Just don't like them seen to many rails chipped up but that's just me. 

• 9 months later...

I put a set of Duponts on my 600 last summer along with cleaning the power valves and a set of BR9iex plugs. It ran like a banshee last Wed. must be the plugs!:salute: