New York nears deal to ban gas stoves in new homes

• Platinum Contributing Member

ALBANY, N.Y. — New York state lawmakers are poised to enact the nation’s first legislative ban on gas and fossil fuel appliances in most new buildings, including single-family homes.

Despite outcry from Republicans nationwide about states and the federal government looking to ban gas stoves, New York appears set to move forward with the proposal in the state budget due March 31.

The reason a deal looks imminent is because Gov. Kathy Hochul and fellow Democrats in both chambers of the state Legislature have endorsed proposals to prohibit fossil fuel furnaces, water heaters, clothes dryers and gas stoves in most new construction.

New York would be the first to take this step through legislative action; California and Washington have done so through building codes. An agreement has not been finalized to ensure passage, but the new restrictions are included in all three plans being discussed in Albany.

Supporters see the potential law as a national model that they hope can spur similar action by other states and the federal government to limit fossil fuel use in buildings, which are a major source of greenhouse gas emissions contributing to climate change.

• Gold Member

That fucking bitch is in desperate need of being run over by a bus. Further more we need to put a pin in the middle of Albany and everything due south and due east should be forced upon New Jersey. Fucking liberal asshats!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

LOL, I promise you, there’s no fucking way this happens nationwide, backlash would come in a big way. These stupid, radical fucks need to be stop lying about GW and they need to have their asses kicked also. Do these stupid idiots not realize it takes fossil fuels to create electricity? Do the stupid idiots realize the costs with heating a home with all electric appliances? Pure insanity is what this is.

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

LOL, I promise you, there’s no fucking way this happens nationwide, backlash would come in a big way. These stupid, radical fucks need to be stop lying about GW and they need to have their asses kicked also. Do these stupid idiots not realize it takes fossil fuels to create electricity? Do the stupid idiots realize the costs with heating a home with all electric appliances? Pure insanity is what this is.

It's happening globally.  Guess who is pushing it?

Just now, snoughnut said:

Whoever is behind this needs to have their skulls caved in, this will backfire big time. 

It's the bullshit being pushed by the wef.

People need to seriously open their fucking eyes.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Who's pushing it moron?

Your boogeyman :thumb: 

How about we assume EVERYTHING is "part of the plan" and you just let us know when it isn't?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kivalo said:

That fucking bitch is in desperate need of being run over by a bus. Further more we need to put a pin in the middle of Albany and everything due south and due east should be forced upon New Jersey. Fucking liberal asshats!

this dem control of this state has run NY into the fucking ground, bunch of fucking imbiciles running this state:wall:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

I think what gets me here is the term "Most" new construction. I would say it is safe to say the high end 6 burner gas stoves found in luxury homes will not be banned. 

If they have vent hoods that come on auto like a gas water heater no problem 

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

If they have vent hoods that come on auto like a gas water heater no problem 

got no vent hood over my gas stove and no issues fuck liberals and their climate change bullshit

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Fuck off Mr, Dickhead. :thumbsup:

To the rest welcome to Joe's America. :wtf:

12 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

The down's syndrome guy that posts is better at it than you.  

And his partner Deepcunt. :thumbsup:

Sorry I was busy ripping out our gas water heater. Tomorrow I will head up to the lake and rip out our gas stove. :whistle: