Tornadoes in Los Angeles

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

California grows 70% of the fruits and veggies in the US. They are #1 in dairy and #4 in meat. This year should be a banner crop with the infusion of water and disappearing drought. 

I'm not big into dairy or nuts, bananas aren't grown in the US and Blueberries are mostly out this way. I'll be fine

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

I'm not big into dairy or nuts, bananas aren't grown in the US and Blueberries are mostly out this way. I'll be fine

No you wouldn’t. But keep telling yourself that. 

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

And if you change your mind, you can buy a cow and hire a milk maid.:bc:

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

People will be fine but It will cost you way more to be fine if the US lost 14% of its ag industry

Just now, spin_dry said:

No you wouldn’t. But keep telling yourself that. 

No real shortage of fish around here either. Anyone in or near California could just switch to that synthetic beef from Bill Gates.

Synthetic fruits and vegetables!!!!! No we're talking 

1 minute ago, hayward said:

And if you change your mind, you can buy a cow and hire a milk maid.:bc:

Goats and chickens in the back forty with the garden. Canning during the fall. Chunk of cow from the neighbor ever now and then. Deer from the woods   :bc: 

7 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Goats and chickens in the back forty with the garden. Canning during the fall. Chunk of cow from the neighbor ever now and then. Deer from the woods   :bc: 

You think it’s that easy? :lol: 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

You think it’s that easy? :lol: 

Well I could either try and be as self sustaining as I can OR build a bug out van and hope for the best

• Haha 1

US food supply would be impacted majorly without California.   Other states would be very impactful too but California is a major fruit/veg/dairy supplier.

Beyond nuclear or a comet/meteor strike any massive economic/societal breakdown and I wouldn't even have to hunt for protein.  Plenty of hogs and cattle raised around me.   If things got so bad farmers stopped feeding/tending them I'd just go and get what I need from the farms all around me.   This isn't even bringing up all the deer/small game around which would be more difficult but hard to survive on.  Take what you need then let all the pigs out of a few confinement buildings and whallah....wild pig supply for life.  A person can easily survive on protein alone.   Hell my river is filled with river chub.   If one got so desperate you can catch dozen of them every 5 minutes.   

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Well I could either try and be as self sustaining as I can OR build a bug out van and hope for the best

A non-linear event impacting the food supply would affect people’s lives more than just availability of food. It would affect sustainably of the American lifestyle, productivity, manufacturing on all levels, public safety, and health. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

A non-linear event impacting the food supply would affect people’s lives more than just availability of food. It would affect sustainably of the American lifestyle, productivity, manufacturing on all levels, public safety, and health. 

You mean like listening to Fauci and all the politicians telling people to "Stay home stay safe"??  :pc:

3 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

You mean like listening to Fauci and all the politicians telling people to "Stay home stay safe"??  :pc:

No. More like you’re a dumb fuck that can’t figure his way out of a wet paper bag. 

• Haha 1

Maybe LA is over reacting and it was just something simple like all the kardashians  swinging their hips in the same direction at the same exact time?  If that wouldn’t cause the earth to shake and rattle, then I don’t know what would.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, spin_dry said:

GOP’ers are so dumb that they’d gladly pay more for food if California went away. It’s their view of the world.  Very odd people. Close to 90% have never even been to California. Only what they know from Fox News. 

Been to California several times.... The scenery and weather is very nice....... How the state is run not so much. My son-in-law lives there and he can't stand the Dem policies, many local laws and lockdowns during COVID we're ridiculous..... I wouldn't mind if that state fell into the Pacific.... Even with my son-in-law:lol:

Nah He's actually pretty cool

13 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Not really..... Adaptation is key.

We will be able to grow crops in areas that we normally wouldn't be able to grow crops.  Temperate zones will be shifting.  

Or we will grow where we don't need to irrigate so fucking much.  It's stupid what we grow in CA

On 3/22/2023 at 6:44 PM, BOHICA said:

Retards want to starve themselves for their beliefs….  California fails there is a good chance much of the US becomes third world Ethiopian skinny white people that don’t have toothpaste.

Oh. No no grapes and almonds guess I will just have to go hunting and do more canning . No real loss if S CA falls in the drink 

Edited by Ez ryder

20 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Something like 13-14 percent of all US agriculture is a result of California.  Take that out and you think people cry now about the cost of food….  The whining would be epic.  Coupled that with the required increases in welfare/food stamps to cover the prices, we would all be penalized

Well since California is approximately 12% of the us population a 13% decrease wouldn't be that bad less mouths to feed.