Heidi McNary accepts a new role at Textron Aviation

11 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

I've heard multiple times Brian was instrumental in development of what was to be the procross replacement. He wanted arctic cat to retain their performance minded image, textron wanted the procross replacement to gain more sales volume.  Brian wasn't happy with what they were making the engineers compromise on for the soon to be catalyst. Many of the the ideas were axed or reimagined for cost.   What we now know as the catalyst is not what most of the old cat guard wanted it to become.

We'll all know in a year if the old cat guard was able to influence it enough before there departure or if textron got there way on costs and timelines.

Most of what made cat great left on thier own or was shown the door.  The name on the building  isn't what made cat great.  You can't buy a name and loose the people and expect it to stay the same...

You mean the old cat guard that brought you the procross.  

I like how you frame it so it's a lose-lose situation for cat either way.  If it's a success it's because of "cat guard", if it fails it's because Boogeyman Textron.  So either way current cat is bad and haters are set up to hate.  I'd expect nothing less.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

You're wrong on so many items here, Joey didn't want to retire, when he was let go he went on the road selling trailers before getting picked up by ARGO, also when he goes to the races now he's decked out in Ski-doo yellow, both his kids are racing Ski-Doo's for Christian Bros. So it seems you're the idiot blind to facts.

I was wondering if that was his kids when I saw the names on the cbr sleds 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

I like how you frame it so it's a lose-lose situation for cat either way.  If it's a success it's because of "cat guard", if it fails it's because Boogeyman Textron.  So either way current cat is bad and haters are set up to hate.  I'd expect nothing less.

I didn't take his response quite that way, but you can be sure some engineering was cost reduced out of the final product, now would be a fun time to sit down with the ARGO crew and the current Cat crew and get an honest perspective of the final product.

• Like 5

Just now, Not greg b said:

I was wondering if that was his kids when I saw the names on the cbr sleds 

As much as I pick on "HOLLYWOOD", I have to give him credit for how well his kids are doing, it sounds like Wes and Herf have taken both of them under their wings and helped them a lot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, airflite1 said:

You're wrong on so many items here, Joey didn't want to retire, when he was let go he went on the road selling trailers before getting picked up by ARGO, also when he goes to the races now he's decked out in Ski-doo yellow, both his kids are racing Ski-Doo's for Christian Bros. So it seems you're the idiot blind to facts.

don't use this one often but... :owned:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Its definitely a double edged sword.  On 1 hand textron saved cat from almost certain demise under there old leadership and business model.  On the other hand, I imagine, that running a recreational powersports business is night and day different than running any other business in textrons portfolio.

So what is it that the cat faithful love?  The heritage and legacy of the brand?  If so, isn't that mostly gone by textrons own doings?

Will textron be better at being cat than the old cat was?

2 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Its definitely a double edged sword.  On 1 hand textron saved cat from almost certain demise under there old leadership and business model.  On the other hand, I imagine, that running a recreational powersports business is night and day different than running any other business in textrons portfolio.

So what is it that the cat faithful love?  The heritage and legacy of the brand?  If so, isn't that mostly gone by textrons own doings?

my BIL is probably one of the biggest KISS fans on the planet... but even he realized a few years ago the ship sailed in the hay days.

just for perspective... 

16 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Everything evolves.  If you think anything in life is going to stay the same you'll be disappointed.  I'm seeing alot of positive moves from cat lately, they are clearly committed to making Arctic Cat prosper.  Definitely not sitting on their hands and really haven't for a long time. 

I could go on and on for an hour about why I am a cat guy but I don't need to deal with defending myself to haters.  I don't see the heritage and legacy is gone.  Go to the big show at TRF and tell me it's gone, that's the coolest shit ever and the fellow passion that keeps it going and keeps the story alive.  I love it, you can't get that just anywhere.  I'd say Arctic Cat is one of the coolest brands of anything there is.  I've been cat my whole life I couldn't change that if I wanted to, but I wouldn't want to, it adds so much value to this hobby of mine.  Before we ever had a sled I used to look in the newspaper classifieds at snowmobile listings and I liked the cats then for some reason.  People that may make fun of that I'd feel bad for them if I cared enough, they simply aren't as connected to it all if there's no emotional connection which is ok too.  Do you think your wife or kid is the best at everything they do all the time, I'm guessing no but you still wouldn't trade them for anything.  And I can tell you I chose to ride my old zr900 this weekend because I was on some faster flowy trails with loose snow and it's a no brainer and I wouldn't ever ride any other sled in the world for those trails because there isn't a better one.  I don't live and die by one model year to the next or by what a latest magazine test has to say, I don't give a shit about it, I like getting niche machine's that are excellent at one thing and pour myself into them.  I could tell you all about my jag Z also and how it's better than anything at what it does, if you have hours of time.  Or my bad ass Puma.  I'm a cat guy it's just who I am.

Cat's still there.  It's not what it used to be but what is.  Those guys get old anyway.  I respect them but do I want a 60 year old designing my sled, no.  Shit changes.  Textron this and that and shit isn't as glorious as it could be what am I going to cry about it like people here?  Nope and I sure as hell am not going to buy a Polaris that would be sacrilege.  Doesn't mean I'm saying they're junk or inferior I personally just couldn't ever do it and I'm more than fine with that and I'm fine with people that have zero attachment and just pick whatever they think is best for them, I'm like that with most other things.   Haters though are just negative losers.

1 hour ago, airflite1 said:

I didn't take his response quite that way, but you can be sure some engineering was cost reduced out of the final product, now would be a fun time to sit down with the ARGO crew and the current Cat crew and get an honest perspective of the final product.

I'm sure there was some cuts but I don't think there is any snowmobile built that is no-expense-spared.  I'd also like to have a talk with some of those people to see what they say.   I had a good talk with an engineer last year and a good talk with a dealer owner last year about it and those two people both said they weren't always optimistic but saw some things change and are now pretty optimistic.  I mean just look at this catalyst excitement and then the next year there'll be a whole new round of excitement for a big engine.  So that's some extended excitement and buzz around Cat for a long period of time and I think that will just feed off of itself.

I've had very short conversations with Roger Skime at the TRF show and haydays and I hope to see him again and I'd really like to talk to him about all things Jags and see what he has to say.  I am sure you could ask him about any generation of sleds and he'd have stories and memories to share about them and likes hearing other people's passion for them.  He is awesome.

3 hours ago, krom said:

Solid question.  Snowmageddon (no floor units for dealers) started before she got there, as did the catalyst development, and rona "supply chain constraints"

So they lost market share every year she was there, but she must have done a great job, since this is a big promotion...

Gunnar Kleveland is the one who is actually in charge of AC fwiw

https://www.textron.com/assets/AR/2019/segment-and-business-unit-presidents.html

Mr can't handle an adult sized sled but liked the blast?

10 hours ago, krom said:

March 20, 2023

After leading our Arctic Cat business for two years, TSV Vice President and General Manager, Powersports Heidi McNary has accepted a new role at our sister company, Textron Aviation. In her tenure, Heidi’s leadership was instrumental in reshaping our Arctic Cat business, and I am appreciative of Heidi’s many contributions and wish her well in her next endeavor.

Is this some sort of joke? She reshaped cat alright straight down the fucking shitter 

Yeah I want to jump in to a textron jet now lol 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Is this some sort of joke? She reshaped cat alright straight down the fucking shitter 

Yeah I want to jump in to a textron jet now lol 

Watch what the next pawn they get to run it for 18 months background is. If they have a sales/marketing back round they are looking at putting in a serious effort. If they have aerospace back ground  they won’t be there long.  if they have shutting down companies background cat is officially for sale. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, airflite1 said:

MAXIMUM MAX!

10 hours ago, mnstang said:

Definitely not sitting on their hands and really haven't for a long time. 

Sorry, but the fact is they have been sitting on their hands otherwise it would not have taken them over a decade to launch the catalyst.  There is nothing earth shattering about the catalyst, nothing that could not have been done 5 or six or 7 years ago.  Not a revolutionary design, not even a revolutionary engine to go with the me too chassis.  

Cat is lucky to have diehard fans of the brand that will accept whatever it is they bring to the table and make it work for them.  But the number has dwindled significantly at this point.  Those you call haters of cat are actually just as fanatical about the sport they are just not willing to spend their hard earned cash on a single brand no matter how shitty the product actually is. 

Cat will only succeed if they can bring these fans back.  Riders of the brand that are just riding the old stuff and not buying new do jack shit to keep the brand in business.  That's Cats real problem that needs to be solved.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jdsky said:

Sorry, but the fact is they have been sitting on their hands otherwise it would not have taken them over a decade to launch the catalyst.  There is nothing earth shattering about the catalyst, nothing that could not have been done 5 or six or 7 years ago.  Not a revolutionary design, not even a revolutionary engine to go with the me too chassis.  

Cat is lucky to have diehard fans of the brand that will accept whatever it is they bring to the table and make it work for them.  But the number has dwindled significantly at this point.  Those you call haters of cat are actually just as fanatical about the sport they are just not willing to spend their hard earned cash on a single brand no matter how shitty the product actually is. 

Cat will only succeed if they can bring these fans back.  Riders of the brand that are just riding the old stuff and not buying new do jack shit to keep the brand in business.  That's Cats real problem that needs to be solved.  

You are just a hater.  If there are better sleds, why don't you focus on them?  Why would you concern yourself with something that doesn't interest you? Just like being miserable and spreading it everywhere like all miserable unhappy people?

This is where you now say it's because you "want cat to succeed" and then continue shitting on them.  Not my first rodeo with your types, plenty of you around here.

Catalyst is doing just fine, they sold as many as they can possibly build.  Heck the blasts and Norseman are sold out and most of the procross are too.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mnstang said:

You are just a hater.  If there are better sleds, why don't you focus on them?  Why would you concern yourself with something that doesn't interest you? Just like being miserable and spreading it everywhere like all miserable unhappy people?

This is where you now say it's because you "want cat to succeed" and then continue shitting on them.  Not my first rodeo with your types, plenty of you around here.

Catalyst is doing just fine, they sold as many as they can possibly build.  Heck the blasts and Norseman are sold out and most of the procross are too.  

You call it hating, I call it simply wanting them to do better.  I want more choices in the market not less.  For fuck sake some people just want nothing but cheerleading for their favorite brand.  None of the manufacturers pay me to ride their shit and when I spend my hard earned cash on their shit I want it to meet a certain standard.  Something cat has not been able to do for a really long time. 

You keep cheering them on, riding the old stuff and reminiscing about the good old days.  I have a lot of memories of the good old days riding my cats and I want them to build something modern, new and up to par quality wise so that I might ride one again some day.  The catalyst is a good START, but far from a finish and enough for everyone in TRF or Georgia to be slapping each other on the back and calling it good enough. 

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

I would love to go back to cat have owned them almost exclusively for better than 30 yrs but they dropped the ball after 12 and never picked it up to play a serious game again . Fucking sad is what it is . Everything that made them great was shoved to the side 

16 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I would love to go back to cat have owned them almost exclusively for better than 30 yrs but they dropped the ball after 12 and never picked it up to play a serious game again . Fucking sad is what it is . Everything that made them great was shoved to the side 

Hey you can only really like one.  It's not going to be green for everyone nor should it be.  I was watching all the terrorism around the 12 when it came out and didn't like it either.  Shit happens.  That was many years ago and now onto the next chassis.  Where's all the Textron bashers when it comes to 12, that was "old guard" time 🙄

1 hour ago, jdsky said:

You call it hating, I call it simply wanting them to do better.  I want more choices in the market not less.  For fuck sake some people just want nothing but cheerleading for their favorite brand.  None of the manufacturers pay me to ride their shit and when I spend my hard earned cash on their shit I want it to meet a certain standard.  Something cat has not been able to do for a really long time. 

You keep cheering them on, riding the old stuff and reminiscing about the good old days.  I have a lot of memories of the good old days riding my cats and I want them to build something modern, new and up to par quality wise so that I might ride one again some day.  The catalyst is a good START, but far from a finish and enough for everyone in TRF or Georgia to be slapping each other on the back and calling it good enough. 

I was pretty close 

6 hours ago, jdsky said:

What exactly did you want them to do with a new chassis? Let’s hear it, lay it out step by step. I think they did a great job but I really want to hear what you think should be so different about it? 

5 hours ago, mnstang said:

Hey you can only really like one.  It's not going to be green for everyone nor should it be.  I was watching all the terrorism around the 12 when it came out and didn't like it either.  Shit happens.  That was many years ago and now onto the next chassis.  Where's all the Textron bashers when it comes to 12, that was "old guard" time 🙄

I was pretty close 

It’s like he was expecting the new green sled to hover. He’s just complaining to complain and won’t be able come up with anything besides say it should’ve come with a bigger engine.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mnstang said:

I was pretty close 

They could give him exactly what he wants ("wants") and then some, with $10,000 in cash taped to the seat and a MSRP of $4999, and he'll still be on his bitching like someone pissed in his Cheerios.  

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, AK440 said:

What exactly did you want them to do with a new chassis? Let’s hear it, lay it out step by step. I think they did a great job but I really want to hear what you think should be so different about it? 

I was expecting them to release it at least 5 years ago and with more than just a 600 so that by now it would be re-worked for the 998T.  What do you think they should have done?  Waited another 10 years?

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Then you'd be bitching that it "only" has a 800 instead of a 850 or it should have a 146" skid instead of a 141" or don't offer a 174" or any list of things I'm sure you'd find.

He bitches about ice cream being to cold to coffee being to hot. It is what it is and I have what I wanted on order. Very happy