Heidi McNary accepts a new role at Textron Aviation

March 20, 2023

After leading our Arctic Cat business for two years, TSV Vice President and General Manager, Powersports Heidi McNary has accepted a new role at our sister company, Textron Aviation. In her tenure, Heidi’s leadership was instrumental in reshaping our Arctic Cat business, and I am appreciative of Heidi’s many contributions and wish her well in her next endeavor.

Edited by krom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• krom changed the title to Heidi McNary accepts a new role at Textron Aviation

This is in no way to defend her, just to straighten a few things out...
FWIW she didn't fire Brian Dick.  IIRC Joey left for yamaha before textron, but may have come back for a little bit (and afik he wasn't in engineering)

Most of the rest of engineering and the rest of the departments that got gutted including the "retirement" of Roger, Spaulding, Eidie (sp??) etc happened under scott ernest

• Like 4

Dumstad throwing his hat in the ring?  They probably need some gravel work around the plant.  Getting that straightened out is likely more productive than what she was able to accomplish over the last two years.

1 hour ago, jdsky said:

Dumstad throwing his hat in the ring?  They probably need some gravel work around the plant.  Getting that straightened out is likely more productive than what she was able to accomplish over the last two years.

You are really weak. Were you a bully as a child? Fucking waste of human flesh is what you are. Grow the fuck up!

25 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

How much market share did cat gain or lose under her leadership?

Solid question.  Snowmageddon (no floor units for dealers) started before she got there, as did the catalyst development, and rona "supply chain constraints"

So they lost market share every year she was there, but she must have done a great job, since this is a big promotion...

Gunnar Kleveland is the one who is actually in charge of AC fwiw

https://www.textron.com/assets/AR/2019/segment-and-business-unit-presidents.html

6 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Yeah, she was an excellent speaker.  They are shuffling her to another dead end where they can show how diverse the company is.

Kind of like you, but she gets real $$.  What a pile of shit you are. 

3 hours ago, krom said:

This is in no way to defend her, just to straighten a few things out...
FWIW she didn't fire Brian Dick.  IIRC Joey left for yamaha before textron, but may have come back for a little bit (and afik he wasn't in engineering)

Most of the rest of engineering and the rest of the departments that got gutted including the "retirement" of Roger, Spaulding, Eidie (sp??) etc happened under scott ernest

Brian Dick was fired, he was told his view of where Arctic needs to be headed didn't fit Managements view, Joey was head of Accessories before he took the position of liaison too Yamaha, he was let go by Textron. I think there were around 12 from the engineering department that were let go about the same time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

She was never there to accomplish anything. They gave her a job to get her on the pay roll, until the actual job on the air plane side opened up. Textron is famous for doing this. In 6 months they will have someone else come do the same thing. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

Brian Dick was fired, he was told his view of where Arctic needs to be headed didn't fit Managements view, Joey was head of Accessories before he took the position of liaison too Yamaha, he was let go by Textron. I think there were around 12 from the engineering department that were let go about the same time.

on the bold, absolutely, but everyone I asked at the time said it wasn't by heidi, and the decision was made before she was transferred in.

Pretty sure Joey was directly employed by Yami at one point.  I know several of the engine/engine cal team ended up in roseau

Edited by krom

I've heard multiple times Brian was instrumental in development of what was to be the procross replacement. He wanted arctic cat to retain their performance minded image, textron wanted the procross replacement to gain more sales volume.  Brian wasn't happy with what they were making the engineers compromise on for the soon to be catalyst. Many of the the ideas were axed or reimagined for cost.   What we now know as the catalyst is not what most of the old cat guard wanted it to become.

We'll all know in a year if the old cat guard was able to influence it enough before there departure or if textron got there way on costs and timelines.

Most of what made cat great left on thier own or was shown the door.  The name on the building  isn't what made cat great.  You can't buy a name and loose the people and expect it to stay the same...

Edited by Boonbocker1
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

Joey was retirement age. He still shows up in Arctic Green at the races. Hardly seems like it hurt him. Nearly every one who retired were in there mid to late 60's, minus Dick. Shelby went from what was told, on his own. I'm 56. I would retire yesterday given the chance. Some on here (polaris idiots) are so fucking blind to facts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

Joey was retirement age. He still shows up in Arctic Green at the races. Hardly seems like it hurt him. Nearly every one who retired were in there mid to late 60's, minus Dick. Shelby went from what was told, on his own. I'm 56. I would retire yesterday given the chance. Some on here (polaris idiots) are so fucking blind to facts. 

You're wrong on so many items here, Joey didn't want to retire, when he was let go he went on the road selling trailers before getting picked up by ARGO, also when he goes to the races now he's decked out in Ski-doo yellow, both his kids are racing Ski-Doo's for Christian Bros. So it seems you're the idiot blind to facts.

• Like 4