The reality of what is happening in Ukraine.

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So where did you cut and past that from?  :lmao:

Not saying what you posted doesn't have some truth but the fact remains those on the side of Ukraine will not release the whole story.  Both sides have suffered horribly but Russian territory has little to no damage yet significant parts of Ukraine is rubble.   Even if the so called lines are stable and casualties relatively equal Ukraine is LOSING badly based off damage to their country alone.  We will continue to lose because even if Russia withdraws we will help rebuild with money we don't have.  Hasn't the last year or two of inflation been enough for people to understand we can't afford to be giving them $100's of billions of aid and weapons.   China is a threat to us....Russia is not.  We have our focus pointed in the wrong direction.   It should be west and to our southern border where drugs coming across are killing 100K American's a year.   How many have died in Ukraine again?  Its fucking sickening we are more concerned about what is going on in Europe instead of our own people....Europe fucked the world twice in the last century....that's enough let them destroy themselves.  Fuck em. 

And if google wasn't blocking it, you would see that china took down a us drone in international airspace today. The news is saying it was russian planes, earlier it was china

Edited by toslow

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So where did you cut and past that from?  :lmao:

Not saying what you posted doesn't have some truth but the fact remains those on the side of Ukraine will not release the whole story.  Both sides have suffered horribly but Russian territory has little to no damage yet significant parts of Ukraine is rubble.   Even if the so called lines are stable and casualties relatively equal Ukraine is LOSING badly based off damage to their country alone.  We will continue to lose because even if Russia withdraws we will help rebuild with money we don't have.  Hasn't the last year or two of inflation been enough for people to understand we can't afford to be giving them $100's of billions of aid and weapons.   China is a threat to us....Russia is not.  We have our focus pointed in the wrong direction.   It should be west and to our southern border where drugs coming across are killing 100K American's a year.   How many have died in Ukraine again?  

Of course the Ukrainians have suffered more than the Russians and for the reasons you gave but the Russian offensive is slowly dying and more than likely won't survive the summer. Some of Russia's top military divisions are withering to a point of inaction.  Just look a Bakmut,  the Ukrainians could have easily let it go months ago but it became more of a problem for Russia than Ukraine so they stayed and put up resistance.  The Wagner group is almost useless at this point which does two things it removes one of the top trained units at Russia's disposal and it gets rid of a hardliner in Russian politics.  The Wagner group has given way to another top tier Russian Military unit that is pinned down in Bakmut not on the move taking territory like a successful top tier military would.  Again never in the history of Russia's cold war with the west has so much men and equipment been destroyed and at such a low cost. Russia is still thinking of empire building like the Czar's of the 19th century and in today's day and age that is a misguided concept. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, toslow said:

And if google wasn't blocking it, you would see that china took down a us drone in international airspace today. The news is saying it was russian planes, earlier it was china

Well to be fair China did steal Russia's fighter jets so they do look alike.  The whole point of drones is they are expendable.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Of course the Ukrainians have suffered more than the Russians and for the reasons you gave but the Russian offensive is slowly dying and more than likely won't survive the summer. Some of Russia's top military divisions are withering to a point of inaction.  Just look a Bakmut,  the Ukrainians could have easily let it go months ago but it became more of a problem for Russia than Ukraine so they stayed and put up resistance.  The Wagner group is almost useless at this point which does two things it removes one of the top trained units at Russia's disposal and it gets rid of a hardliner in Russian politics.  The Wagner group has given way to another top tier Russian Military unit that is pinned down in Bakmut not on the move taking territory like a successful top tier military would.  Again never in the history of Russia's cold war with the west has so much men and equipment been destroyed and at such a low cost. Russia is still thinking of empire building like the Czar's of the 19th century and in today's day and age that is a misguided concept. 

And where exactly is your info coming from?

Just now, Highmark said:

And where exactly is your info coming from?

I think I have said on here before that I do not take in much  of the mainstream media on the subject and that would certainly include NPR.  I do quite a bit of reading on Ukraine and try to take in both perspectives on the war.  Just yesterday the Ukrainians used American JDams bombs dropped on Russian targets from Mig 29s for the first time.  This begs the question how has a token air force that the Ukrainians have still functional after a year of fighting if the Russians are doing so well?  

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I think I have said on here before that I do not take in much  of the mainstream media on the subject and that would certainly include NPR.  I do quite a bit of reading on Ukraine and try to take in both perspectives on the war.  Just yesterday the Ukrainians used American JDams bombs dropped on Russian targets from Mig 29s for the first time.  This begs the question how has a token air force that the Ukrainians have still functional after a year of fighting if the Russians are doing so well?  

Who knows what to believe.   I read up on it as well and its all over the place depending on who the author supports...Ukraine or us staying out of it.  I think Ukraine and the west surprised Russia and I think Russia has held quite a bit back.   We will know much more come spring whether Russia will move or just be content at where things are. 

At this point if it becomes a stalemate and Russia holds Crimea and access to the black sea I think they will call it a victory.   Will Ukraine with significant portions of their country destroyed and tens of thousands of young men dead or injured?  Sure they never lost their country but they are looking at decades and decades of recovery.   I don't see that for Russia yet.     

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Who knows what to believe.   I think Ukraine and the west surprised Russia and I think Russia has held quite a bit back.   We will know much more come spring whether Russia will move or just be content at where things are. 

At this point if it becomes a stalemate and Russia holds Crimea and access to the black sea I think they will call it a victory.   Will Ukraine with significant portions of their country destroyed and tens of thousands of young men dead or injured?  Sure they never lost their country but they are looking at decades and decades of recovery.   I don't see that for Russia yet.     

How is Russia going to recover from this? They have nowhere near enough production to replace what they have lost in ten years or more.  The damage to their economy and oil infrastructure seems to be catastrophic.  And how are they going to even compete on the world stage in the weapons business from here on out?  The French and the Swedes have both taken orders for fighter jets in the last year that they would never have gotten and forget about the increase in sales for the largest arms dealer in the world (ie the US) after this little military action the Russians have taken on.  Russia has financing it's military jets upgrades (Su 35) with sales and partnerships with countries like India now that is all in question as those planes are doing so poorly.   Hell the US is talking about retiring 20 F22s this upcoming fiscal year which is more stealth planes than Russia has New.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, franks pond said:

There are a ton of these armchair commanders on youtube on both sides of the conflict and to a man always seem to paint a rosey picture for their chosen side.  The problem of course for these guys is the front lines have not moved much in the last few months and that is more costly to the Russians than the Ukrainians. And now after running out of Prisoners to throw at the front lines the Russians are having to use their top grade military units.  Even with this upgrade in military quality the lines have not moved much and they continue to take casualties in high numbers.  The 155th Maritime unit the Russians Have or should I say had was wiped out in a week or so in fighting and they were brought in to just run over the Ukrainians with their superior numbers and equipment. 

4 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

There are a ton of these armchair commanders on youtube on both sides of the conflict and to a man always seem to paint a rosey picture for their chosen side.  The problem of course for these guys is the front lines have not moved much in the last few months and that is more costly to the Russians than the Ukrainians. And now after running out of Prisoners to throw at the front lines the Russians are having to use their top grade military units.  Even with this upgrade in military quality the lines have not moved much and they continue to take casualties in high numbers.  The 155th Maritime unit the Russians Have or should I say had was wiped out in a week or so in fighting and they were brought in to just run over the Ukrainians with their superior numbers and equipment. 

The fiscal damage this idiocy is doing to the US is probably as bad as anything inflicted on Russia 

• Like 1

One year into this and Russia still hasn’t reached a point where they’re occupying Ukraine. That in itself is indicative of the losses they suffered in both men and equipment. By contrast it took US forces less than 3 weeks to reach occupational status in Iraq. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

One year into this and Russia still hasn’t reached a point where they’re occupying Ukraine. That in itself is indicative of the losses they suffered in both men and equipment. By contrast it took US forces less than 3 weeks to reach occupational status in Iraq. 

Well let’s see retard ….maybe that’s because the US coalition was fighting literally nobody in Iraq except a few goat fuckers and Russia is fighting all of NATO in Ukraine. That’s not a tough one to figure out if you have anything higher than a mid two digit Iq 

Just now, f7ben said:

The fiscal damage this idiocy is doing to the US is probably as bad as anything inflicted on Russia 

Oh our politicians inflict plenty of financial damage on us no need to be blaming the Russians for that.  What is that they are bantering back and forth on now that the Covid "Aid" funds might have been defrauded for hundreds of billions of dollars?  

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

Oh our politicians inflict plenty of financial damage on us no need to be blaming the Russians for that.  What is that they are bantering back and forth on now that the Covid "Aid" funds might have been defrauded for hundreds of billions of dollars?  

At least that money went to Americans and not some Ukrainian oligarch 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well let’s see retard ….maybe that’s because the US coalition was fighting literally nobody in Iraq except a few goat fuckers and Russia is fighting all of NATO in Ukraine. That’s not a tough one to figure out if you have anything higher than a mid two digit Iq 

Iraq had a much larger Military than Ukraine by far.....4th largest in the world at the time.  Just the Republican Guard had 200k troops and Ukraine had 187K in total at the start of this.  

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The Iraqi army had 6000 tanks and 10,000 armored vehicles. Far more than the Ukrainians. The battle of 73 Easting was a very good representation of why American forces took occupational status so soon. A good indication as to why the Russians are doing miserably is what happened when they made a run on Kiev last February. Total incompetence. The Ukrainians are much better trained and equipped. 

18 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The US has $58 billion from Russian oligarchs sitting in a bank. There’s more for the taking. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

The US has $58 billion from Russian oligarchs sitting in a bank. There’s more for the taking. 

May as well steal as much as we can. Ukraine will never be able to pay back the $150 billion