Loading sleds in trailer

If you can get a junk track cut the track flip it over and cut the internal drive lugs off.  Get some cable and hooks so you can hook it to the ramp of the trailer or if it's a tilt trailer just lay the track under the trailer when you tilt it. Now you can drive the sled up the ramp or trailer without spinning the track.  What helps also is some ski skins to slide under the ski's 

20230220_114240.jpg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

I just have never run studs so I have no need for this.  I guess I never thought I needed em.  

That was going to be my exact comment.  I don't even tilt my 2-place anymore, been using the ramp for the truck since I got that.

I've never had a problem with spinning the track.  Maybe I use more speed but also how the sled is clutched makes a big difference.  My buddies sled could use some spider shim and it's awful at low speeds just very little control.

I do need some new plastics on the ramp, where the skis ride has worn it away.  I think Menards has plastic sheeting unless someone knows a better source 

45 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

I ride a cat so it doesn't have enough power to spin the track.

:ashamed:

We call that traction control and yes, the haters are foaming at the mouth over it 

On 3/13/2023 at 8:31 AM, poopooforme said:

I just have never run studs so I have no need for this.  I guess I never thought I needed em.  

I use to use studs now I just have traction strips on my garage floor . Zero fucks given . It is just cement 

8 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

My ice drag buddy's are the most over the top fucks . Store and haul there sleds track on sheets of 2 inch pink foam 

Smart idea, since it helps keep the ice stud tips off the floor and razor sharp.

• Like 1