RIP Bud Grant

Too bad some of the wusses these days couldn't be more like Bud Grant - dude was a MAN!!  I still think back to a few years ago when the Vikings were playing at the Gopher Stadium (outdoors) and it was cold ... as in below zero, cold .... and he did the coin toss in a golf shirt!!  RIP Coach

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Too bad some of the wusses these days couldn't be more like Bud Grant - dude was a MAN!!  I still think back to a few years ago when the Vikings were playing at the Gopher Stadium (outdoors) and it was cold ... as in below zero, cold .... and he did the coin toss in a golf shirt!!  RIP Coach

Yep, that guy was a tough old bugger and a friend to all sportsmen in MN. Here's a pretty cool story about him.

https://www.startribune.com/bud-grant-minnesota-vikings-armistice-day-blizzard-duck-hunting-victims-dennis-anderson/600224352/

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Bontz said:

My son and I were at that game… -6 at kick off, got to -2, and then it was Walshed… but yeah, the crowd went crazy when Bud walked out for the coin toss!!

We wore all our sled gear minus helmets that day!

A8555D9A-D744-47B0-AE2B-D5A6DD67F88A.jpeg

• Like 2

Being in the stands at metropolitan stadium was a gas. Both teams stood on the same side. Lots of fuckery went on at the sidelines… although they never showed it on TV. Overall it was a real crappy place. The bathrooms were disgusting. :lol: None the less, that’s when football was worth watching. Headslaps were a specialty of Carl Eller. I think only Deacon Jones did it better. You could hear Eller’s headslaps up in the stands, even over the crowd. When Bud retired I lost interest in football. When he left football it was the end of an era. 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Like 2