trailer heat

we just picked up a new shop trailer, a little bigger to make it easier to work out of. i'd like to add heat and was wondering what people have found for heaters that work well. i'm open to electric or externally vented gas units. i want a permanent mounted unit, not a portable space heater

1 hour ago, Tommcat said:

we just picked up a new shop trailer, a little bigger to make it easier to work out of. i'd like to add heat and was wondering what people have found for heaters that work well. i'm open to electric or externally vented gas units. i want a permanent mounted unit, not a portable space heater

Did you sell your fur coat?

I prefer vented gas, it heats up quicker and when I’ve used electric it caused the generator to use more gas than the furnace used, by a lot.

• Thanks 1

I was actually talking to a couple of guys at the races today about their diesel heaters. These were on pretty big 35-40’ goosenecks and they said they love them they heat up fast and hardly use any fuel 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I was actually talking to a couple of guys at the races today about their diesel heaters. These were on pretty big 35-40’ goosenecks and they said they love them they heat up fast and hardly use any fuel 

I’ve got diesel in my RV, it’s kinda thirsty but it heats water that circulates and also provides me with endless hot water. But I like the fact I don’t have to find propane, and it runs off the main fuel tank.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 2:36 PM, Tommcat said:

I have used suburban rv units in 2 trailer conversions.  Just fab a Dimond plate sheet to box the unit and rivet said box to celing . Can be vented if wanted . I used large white gutter on 1 to bring heat to back of trailer to floor . Other I just used the 5 inch holes in unit and on 1 hole a alloy dryer vent cover to blow down .

Now 2 of my buds have top of the line Logan toy haulers and 1 has a rpm I think ? Burrant edition and all 3 use fucking garage heaters . I was shocked when I saw what they use yep Modine type shit . Guess they are cheaper than going suburban rv style . But imho still looks ghetto especaly in a 60k+ snomobile trailer . And they are not as efficient at least seat of the pants propane use with same size trailers staying in same place for same amount of time . 

Also they seem to be having more issues than the rv style suburban with tge hot surface ignition . Like they all have a extra ignitor in the tool box after learning how hard 1 can be to find close to a forest service lot on a mountian pass on a Jan Saturday night lol 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 8:15 PM, Tommcat said:

I ended up going with one of the cheap "chinese diesel heaters" from amazon. 

Installed it today and all i can say is i wish i had put one in the old trailer years ago. Im impressed 

Got a link or some pics???

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2023 at 7:59 PM, Tommcat said:

That pic under the low noise feature with it blowing 4 inches from the sleeping baby's face. Only the chinese....